JSA Storytime: Man-Thing

Good evening owls,

unusually hunky construction workers

I wouldn't mind getting hooted and hollered at by THESE construction workers, nah what I'm sayin'?

>Construction worker adhering to the Fred Jones school of Neckerchief fashion

These guys seem like okay dudes, hope Man-Thing doesn't end up incinerating them.

I know, right?

Hello, Storyteller.

Pretty sure those are strippers, considering their attire. Strippers or Village People cosplayers.

With a very unsafe bulldozer

WOW GREAT TORYTIME FAGG

>Florida.jpg

LOL HI SUGARTITS

They even made their own thread just for you!

Has this thread ever run any Swamp Thing stuff?

Oh shit, murderous Seminoles, out for scalps? This far away from a Kid with Gun in his name?

14 minutes ago
Damn! it's taking ages

So, ummm, 1970s Florida was pretty wild, yes?

Wasn't that was Scarface was about?

What does Man-Thing have to do with the JSA?

wait what

they made a thread for me?

I'm drunk and just got home

You must be new here

There’s an old couple and their dog in the Everglades issue and I can’t remember if it’s this or Swampy

LOL N00B

Ok baby, take your time

I'm having a boner right now!

NGL, I love the idea that I have chapped the ass of some fucking loser here so badly that they make fake threads

fuck yeah

It's still weird that Man-Thing is all my state has for superheroes. I mean, that's better than what Vermont has, that being jack shit, so I'll take it.

>natives
... Somewhere, there's an alternate timeline where colonialism didn't happen, and thus not literally every single story about Native Americans was legally required to be about land and how these people are still being shat on constantly.

PRIZES
FOR
CASH

You also have Florida Man, the world's worst superhero

It's OR cash. One or the other. You can't have it all, hard choices must be made in this life.

I'm dead fucking serious. It's like if I made a storytime called JLA Storytime: Spider-Man. Just as nonsensical.

oh shit, whoops

hey what's out this week when I will next see you all on Friday because work is a cruel mistress

Since the thread seems to be drunk or intentionally not-useful (muh secret club), these threads started as storytiming JSA, then the name stuck because OP doesn't use a name or a trip. Those in the threads think of it as "Just Storytiming Anything"

We started several years ago as an actual JSA storytime
Eventually we started reading other things and just kept the name
It's been going so long there's no point changing it now

>Live in "Man Country"
>This issue's cover.

My god, Wertham was right! Comics are trying to turn kids gay!

Mister Miracle

Scooby Apocalypse

waiting for buttsex

1) We've been here far, far longer than you have, noobles

2) Just tell yourself Just Storytiming Anything and don't bother yourself any further

>trying

Bemis Moon Knight

I WANT TO RAM MY MIDDLE FINGER UP (((OP)))'S ASSHOLE!!!!!

I'll be getting Wonder Woman and Titans
So nothing interesting

Pretty sure the mods are on vacation today

Proving again that all politics is just sexual pathology

lol you wish

mmmmeh

intrigued because who expected Foolkiller to not suck, really?

I'm willing to see how Burrows transitions back to a monthly after producing A+ work on Providence

>noobles
Storyteller, pls. You are definitely drunk.

By the way, have you ever played Maize? It's this indie game which is kind of fascinating as a study in how to utterly fail at comedy.

oh lordy

I've been so fucking busy and tired I haven't played ESO in a month

I'm not remotely drunk, despite that bottle being 10%

>:(

>It's still weird that Man-Thing is all my state has for superheroes

Well, Jennifer Kale once she's all Wizarded up sorta counts.
And Nomad spent a good chunk of his 90s series fighting cocaine wars in Miami.

>Wonder Woman
Right, forgot to ask, did anything interesting happen in Robinson's run yet?

That photo of Rucka as a potato was A+++ comedy

Snowflame suddenly perks up

I'm afraid to ask

Absolutely not. Last issue was so entirely about Grail that Wondie only appeared on background TV screens. In addition to just being an uninteresting slog.

Despite my promise to drop it I can't quite seem to let it go yet.

When Lupa has her turn at art then we can say it had something interesting happen

>Forgetting to edit out the colourist notes

PRODUCTION VALUE

>buy subscription based game
>don't play it
???

Maybe you could save some of those dollars you've been putting into sick gains there, mister.

Like, how many bowflexes do you own?

that's awesome

It’s good to know Marvel editors have been the same in all eras.

I paid the one-off, I don't pay monthly for ESO Plus

Seriously, what part of Florida is this? There are pro wrestling shows with worse physiques than this.

It went free to play? That quickly? Damn.

IIRC you buy it for like $60 and you don't have to pay a sub or something like that

its like 5 years old and shit?

IDK, I do enjoy it, but I'm just so tired lately

AKA, the Guild Wars Model, but there's also a "plus" subscription that you can get as an add on

I deffo paid less than 20 bux

admittedly Plus is pretty fucking sweet: you get all the DLC but it's the CRAFTING BAG that's god-tier

Figures. They really should've dropped the whole "Diana's secret brother" nonsense in favor of some back to basics "Diana vs Villains and the evils of society". That bit in the first issue where Diana says she missed doing normal superhero crap... Preach it, sister.

Coffeeface will at least bring some decent visuals, one hopes.

is Lupa going to draw Jason? the cute might be worth it

How many of those ads were scams?

>its like 5 years old and shit?
YOU LIE

you're a good boi

god I need to actually read Rebirth RHaTO

my ennui has conquered all so far

Lupa doesn't draw good enough guys desu
She's better at drawing cute grils

I am not a boi, honest

I haven't read RHATO, I meant Diana's seekrit brother

her boys are pretty cute too, unfortunately she's incapable of drawing them sexy

It's a shame because regardless of whatever problems people have with Rucka's run in terms of story/writing, it at least set a really good starting point for Rebirth, and even if the Fontana arc was the definition of mediocre it at least continued with the tone Rebirth set.

Robinson so far is such a bizarre departure from that, I imagine anyone who started pulling it because of the movie has dropped it. It feels like a bad Johns comic.

bois in Starfire were pretty good, IMO

Man, I'd love to find some valuable old pocket change.

>Top Left

That man would have a basic cable show now.

I am so curious to see the Marvel Legacy sales.

99%. The remaining 1% result in bizarre adventures like Captain Underpants.

I still have a coin collection

I lust after owning an actual Saint-Gaudens double eagle

>unfortunately she's incapable of drawing them sexy
That fuckin Bombshells Dick variant was a tragedy

Tbh not looking forward to the AHAHAHAposting and dogpiling here, but I'll still get a little schadenfreude chuckles.

so was the Hal variant

he's not shirtless and covered in grease while working on a plane at all!

**inhales** should get a word filter

>like a bad Johns comic
Oh, so it's trying way too hard. Gotcha. That is a shame.

Makes sense though, Johns and Robinson are both huge old school fanboys who love to update older characters, and can either be really good or really bad with little in between.

This one is less useful but still solid.

why can't we have nice things

I am both intrigued and wary by Robinson/Zirch on Trinity

apparently, though, they have creatively hit it off like a house on fire, which I can totally see from what I know of both of them

Actually what most are pointing out about it is that it feels just like Robinson scripting Johns' plots as a favor instead of Robinson doing anything that he thought up. "Workman-like" is the phrase I hear the most.

The only thing that actually felt anything like Robinson was him referencing this obscure Bronze Age comic Hercules Unchained. Herc was Grade-A beefcake though, only thing that made the issue acceptable.

The WIN CASH OF PRIZES ones, or the mail order training ones?

Because the former was I think larger something like Avon style pyramid scheme, whereas the latter I think was more or less on the up and up, but probably had a pretty high "buy in but fail to complete the course" rate.

I am torn on Zircher’s art since he is only a few steps above Deodato in terms of Poser abuse nowadays.

>Herc was Grade-A beefcake though, only thing that made the issue acceptable.
Beefcake lumberjack Herc was nice, shame that Grail has to go around killing characters that were all potentially way more interesting than her

actually killing off a bunch of minor characters in one swoop is pretty typical of MurderRobinson

unrelated but does anyone happen to have the "fuck your charts, tony" page handy

another? even if slow?

OP got you

Sure!

>Mail-Things
cute