Why

Why

To be fair, you need to have a really high IQ to understand Simpsons jokes.

Because all of recent mainstream adult animation is being written by the same kind of parasitic hacks blogger tier "comedians" who circlejack each other, who made a counterculture genre become a hypocritical parody of itself

Wtf? I hate the Simpsons now!

not really, simpsons is right now just a shadow of what it once was, it's literally built to the lowest common denominator

Sneedchuan sauce

>he didn't get the joke

Autism

After selling off the Fuck and Suck, Chuck started selling Meme Sauce to compete with Sneed.

Is this supposed to be funny? Fucking Hell, you kids are ruining humor.

Wait...is this something the Simpsons didnt do first?!

>Simpsons desperately reaching for the most autistic recent pop culture events in a move to stay relevant

Pathetic

Is this real?

Ok so is this how it's going to be? Will Sonic say "Wubbalubbadubdub" in the upcoming Game, will the Kemono Friends dine in on some McNuggets and Schezuan sauce in an upcoming special. How about a shitty Family Guy or Gumball cameo gag for five seconds?

Will South Park make a whole episode railing against R&M like they did against Family Guy?

Wow I want to die

Today's episode

Classic Simpsons would've poked fun at R&M at some way and reinforce its dominance of the adult comedy cartoon scene.

nuSimpsons has to kowtow to new cartoons to stay relevant and not run the risk of getting BTFO by them. Sad!

Jews don't attack each other.

>Why
So she can put the sauce on her Honest Abe Lincoln's Teriyaki Links, of course!

LISA I TUNRED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE
I'M PICKLE BART

Oh shit right Morty's VA had that episode of ATHF

What happened to this show? I remember my family getting together after dinner to watch it, but over time everyone lost interest.

This feeds my sneeds.

>What happened to this show?
It went on past the point where they should have quit?

WHERE'S
MY
SZECHUAN SAUCE!?

Im not suprised. I remember hhearing that matt greoning(however you spell his last name) really likes rick and morty. And he said rick and morty is how je wished to have done futurama. The only reason that couchgag happend was because he liked it so much and got in contact with the creators. The problem is while futurama made full use of its sci fi setting and atmosphere, rick and mortys feels more like a plot device and all the sci fi stuff never gets explored/the creators dont want you to care about in favor of beth and jerrys shitty marriage life. I used to really like rick and morty but after season 3(regardless if some of the writers where women it was still fucking shit) and the cancerous fandom ive started to resent it

Fuck, zombie simpsons is physically painful.

I thought the show was at least tolerable up to the HD switch. I can't watch anything from Season 20 up.

This show is going to continue after all the voice actors die isn't it? They probably have enough dialogue recorded to piece together entirely new scripts.

There's something infuriating about how they're smiling, as if to fraudulently suggest that this lazy reference is very amusing.

Wow, once again the Simpsons succeeds at rushing to make the most dated reference as quickly as possible.

This would have been amusing maybe 3 or 4 months ago at most.

The production time for the show is too long for topical jokes. They can not do it. Leave this stuff for South Park.

The Simpsons has a LONG production cycle. They can't put it out any faster

I would never compare Rick and Morty with Futurama.

Rick and Morty is basically a Dr Who by way of BTTF rip-off, with sitcom settings and utterly unlikable characters produced by people with ADD. It doesn't have ANY real identity, due to the fact that from day one, they treat space travel and time travel and multiverse travel like it's one and the same, diluting it to the point that the Cronenberg/world hoping reveal fell flat rather than a major game changer moment in terms of "holy shit, they can actually do that!" change in the scope of the story.

Worse, the characters are all utterly unlikeable assholes and Rick himself is a full-on sociopath who repeatedly has told his family they are utterly expendable to him.

Futurama meanwhile, is the opposite. It's a traditional workplace sitcom with sci-fi trappings, but with thought out world building and actual pathos to the characters. Bender may be as evil as Rick, but unlike Rick, Bender truly values his surrogate family and Frye in particular. Similarly, Leela and Frye are fully fleshed out and you can sympathize with their plights (Frye struggling to fit into the future world he is stranded in, Leela dealing with her loneliness and inability to find a man); even Hermes and Amy and Kiff are treated as fully developed characters you can sympathize with and relate to.

Similarly, the show did well in the way that it doled out myth arc stuff and the one off stuff. More importantly, the one-off stuff was better written. Futurama was able to use the premise of the show to do all sorts of genre stories: sci-fi, war, gangster stuff, Hollywood culture, big business satire, political satire, romance, commentary on race and aging, even parodies/homages to shit like Star Trek and Willie Wonka.

Rick and Morty has no real center, so it just jumps around all over the place with no real center from which to have the satire flow from. Again, this is where the multiverse stuff is a cancer to the series, since it provides a lazy out to do a Mad Max parody. Furthermore, the show is way too fourth wall breaking, which cheapens the satire of genres to the point of being pure rip-off.

George Lowe does a surprisingly good Homer Simpson

Yeah, i guess thats why im really starting to like rick and morty less and less. Ricks constant lack of caring is getting down right depressing, and even though in earlier episodes it made it clear he cared for morty now its clear he doesnt, and the moment he said "your not evil, your smart" i fucking cringed and revaluated why i even liked the show in the first place. And while morty used to be likeable, hes getting just as psychopathic as rick is. I never liked beth and jerry with their subplots, and i thought them getting divorced meant those plots would go away, instead it only increased it. And for the longest time i kept waiting for them to delve into the various aliens and wods they go into while they gave hints like they might to, but after this season its obvious they never will. I havent seen futurama in like 3 years, and i probably should go back and watch it. Im really fucking sick of rick and morty, and just wish either harmon would leave the fucking show and stop fucking it up with his influance or theyd just fucking end it.

The chief difference between Futurama and Rick and Morty is actually quite simple; Futurama has a soul and Rick and Morty is edgy nhillist bullshit.

Groening firmly believes in the goodness of humanity and that deep down, when push comes to shove, man will do the right thing. No matter how bad Bart behaves, or how much Homer wants harm to come to Ned Flanders, they will listen to their conscience and do the right thing. Even Mr Burns, the lodestone of human evil, is not beyond redemption in the eyes of Groening.

Harmon and Roiland on the other hand? They think humanity is beyond salvation and that intelligence, not morality, is the only thing that can protect you from being fucked over. There is an almost Objectivist tone towards the philosophy of the show. Rick's genius means he's above society's rules and that anyone who tries to say no to him, are evil. But because Harmon is also a liberal cuck, he believes that being a genius is a curse. Per the notion that the dumb outnumber the smart and due to how democracy works, hold far more power than the smart and don't have to listen to their intellectual betters.

HEY REMEMBER THAT THING FROM A MONTH AGO FUNNY ISN'T IT

I keep thinking that Harmon and Roiland are huge fans of "Idiocracy" more than they are Rand, in relations to how they treated Rick's genius in S3.

Idiocracy's central theme was that smart people are a dying breed because stupid people outbreed them/actively despise smart people, who they feel think they are better than dumb people (see the plot point where dumb people call people faggots/use the phrase "talking like a fag" when they try and tell stupid people to stop doing something stupid. Also, that smart people will never win and the best they can hope for is a life of thankless servitude, protecting the dumb from getting themselves killed due.

But Harmon himself, seems to embodie a particular strain of toxic liberalism that came about in the post-911 years in the US.

Basically the GOP went on a huge anti-intellectual crusade after Bush got elected, that only intensified after 9-11 basically made Bush and the GOP, immune to all criticism. In particular, science took a huge beating especially on subjects like stem cell research and global warming and other liberal science pet causes.

This led a LOT of people on the left, to believe that conservatives were beyond salvation when it comes to being too dumb to live, let alone be allowed to ever hold power again. But "dumb people" continued to vote and stymie liberal intellectuals from doing shit. Especially since liberals, at least before the great SJW awakening of 2011, believed in holding the higher moral ground and not lowering themselves to the "dumb peoples" level of violent discourse.

Rick sees to be based upon a Marty Stu type science guy Dan Harmon wishes exists: one who kills the dumb and walks all over them, doing whatever he feels is necessary for the greater good or at least, his own greater good. But Rick ends up pissing away his genius on hedonism, because eventually (as we saw in the s3 finale), eventually TPTB will destroy him or exile him, if he refuses to be their bitch.

agreed