Buyfag/shelf thread

Which one should I buy, Sup Forums?
I'm a poorfag, but I want to support DC's smaller imprints, which one should I buy first? Only have money for one this month

Other urls found in this thread:

cgccomics.com/grading/
humanoids.com/blog/The-Humanoids-Blog
3ammagazine.com/3am/boy-from-the-boroughs/3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what, no one buys DC any more?

Flintstones is done so you can just buy the trades for that.

Flintstones you like fun nonsense
doom patrol if you like fun nonsense in the dcu
the wild storm if you like the dc mythos

thanks lads, I think it will be the Wild Storm
I'm a sucker for parapolitics/transhumanism/weird science (Ellis' usual tropes), and Hunt's art is pleasing to look at

Doom Patrol. Definitely Doom patrol.

>lads
B-but user, im a woman

women dont read gomics

This.

Also I like doom patrol, it's a bit weird but it makes more sense when you trade wait. I also kinda like the wildstorm even though I have 0 knowledge of the wildstorm universe, its pretty fun.

One of my orders came 3 days early. I got 5 new conan books, WW omni, Thor omni, and Harrow County vol 1. I'm really tempted to buy the conan the slayer bust but I should let my piggy bank fatten for a month or two

Went into the city on Friday so here is my latest pickups.

Got no clue why I bought Tea Dragon Society. It was cute but I expected more.

1/2

No.1 was decent but the Sup Forums is the antichrist stuff at the back outside of the story was a bit over the top.
Didn't expect to find that newish Maxx issue but because of how it was bagged sticky taped there is some damage to the back. Just heard about it the other day and thought it would be hard to find.
They didn't have CIH #4 but I will end up ordering it.

Manga wise I was going to buy Black Blizzard but it was so yellow which I thought was sun damage when it's meant to look like that. The thing under there which says Marvel is just a free preview book. That X-Men thing by the dude behind Hiphop Family Tree looks nice though even though I'm not into Marvel.

Did Dynamite recently get the rights to lady death or is this not covered under lady deaths ip?

Likely the latter.

>Enigma and Promethea
You are my guy.

I read his short lived Glory series the other day before I noticed the whole series in that one store. Feels like Promethea is a bit of a spiritual successor from the few pages I seen.

Last month's haul: Patrician fancy stuff pt. 1

Patrician fancy stuff pt. 2

Pleb capeshit pt. 1

Pleb capeshit pt. 2

My Spanish mugga! Are those Zinco just the flopies glued togheter?

Heres the latest haul form the land of tacos and Chesseless Quesadillas.

A friend of mine was nice enough to give me the first 2 floppies of WATCHMEN. They're in great shape. How do I get them graded?

>Are those Zinco just the flopies glued togheter?
Yes, which kinda sucks because they cut them so they would all be even and sometimes you end up with chopped up art. If you ever have the chance of getting these vs. the floppies,
always go with the floppies.
And I'm an Argie

Oh yeah, sorry, we had a chat about zinco and vid a few threads ago.

One day I'll travel just to see and get diferent reprints form around the world

Planeta and now ECC had the best editions out of Spain. The thing is Zinco got most of the best material to release.
No idea about Marvel though, 'cause I don't really buy much of those. I think the Spanish publisher for them was Forum and now it's Panini. I've no idea if there was anything else inbetween.

Barnes and Noble is having a Buy 2 get 1 Free sale on DC and Marvel books until January

cgccomics.com/grading/

A courtesy bump for the thread where actual comic talk happens!

Support an indie comic instead

>The Complete Ballad of Halo Jones
Yeah, right. "Complete". Fuck you, Fleetway.

Brian Pulido, the original co-creator, has Lady Death. When Chaos! went bankrupt he sold the rights to everything else including Lady Demon. Dynamite currently has all that stuff but Brian is self-publishing Lady Death.

Recent buys

Marvel here is published by OvniPress.

hola negro

Deadpool Omni, $35 on Hamilton Books.

>Vigilante

What the fuck, is that run popular in Spain? DC already bailed on collecting it after the first volume in English

>stop collecting it right before Kupperberg takes over
I hate DC so much

humanoids.com/blog/The-Humanoids-Blog

Metabarons: Castaka 80% off

I know, I meant in Spain.

>What the fuck, is that run popular in Spain?
I've no idea, these are old editions from the 80s. They published about 30 issues back then. I bought that TPB because it includes the two Alan Moore issues.

Come on guys, don't let this die so soon.

Bronze age Swamp Thing is good for it's first half, kinda like Werewolf by Night with better art. The art is really nice.
The second series blows. I couldn't finish it.

Are you talking singles? Flintstones is done, so you can't really support it. Doom Patrol has pretty regular delays and the next issue has been pushed back another month. Wildstorm is still coming out at a nice pace, so it's fine to buy if you want something right now. If you're talking trades then there's real no wrong answer. All three are quality books and it just about what you're in the mood for right now.

You mean the one Lein Wein wrote vs the David Michelinie run?

I thought the thing about Sup Forums not buying comics was a joke, but seeing how some shit news about Disney not buying Fox after all has 10 times more replies than this, I wonder...

At least they had the sense not to continue it after Moore left even though Gibson tried to take over writing it.

Didn't 2000AD just publish a new Zentih story without Morrison?

Those sales are nice, so far I picked up Castaka and Legend of the Scarlet Blades.

>Gibson tried to take over writing it.
Really? All I've read is him wanting to do it, but saying that Moore doesn't. I never heard about him trying to take over, or getting someone else to write it.

Just that he wanted to continue, I don't know if he had Moore's plans or was just going to do his own thing.

Gaiman and Moore's daughter both say in the 2000AD documentary that Alan had the full story planned out and they know what the ending is.

> It would have ended up with Halo Jones upon some planet that is right at the absolute edge of the universe where, beyond that, beyond some sort of spectacular lightshow, there is no space, no time, and it would have ended up with Halo Jones – all the rest of the people on this planetoid because, actually, time is not passing; you could stay there forever, potentially – and what would have happened is that Halo Jones, after spending some time with the rest of the immortals, would have tottered across the landing field, got into her spacecraft, and flown into the psychedelic lightshow, to finally get out. And that would have been the ending.

3ammagazine.com/3am/boy-from-the-boroughs/3/

(just found this while looking for more info on Gibson's attempt at continuing it)

No, the Martin Pasko series is the one I found unreadable.

Shelf threads are always slow compared to all the shitposting/bitching/tv crossposting/company war/ garbage.

Which is why we bump to keep the one semi-constant thread about comics on Sup Forums alive.

which I guess i just did.

I'll have new comics to post on wednesday but who knows if the thread stays alive that long.

What collections are you guys interested in this week? For me it's the Abe Spaien hardcover and the next volume of the Manara Library in paperback

it's literately The Big Chill
is Moore a hack?

I love all 3, so it's a bit hard to say.

If you're only buying one trade, I'd go Doom Patrol because Flinstones has a lot of build up to the second half that would make it better to read at once. Also, Wildstorm isn't as good as the other two.

Do I have to read the old Wild storm stuff to read this book?

read the Winter Men

Reposting, will take any picture of something you want to see in detail.

Also this is mine

huh, that Thor Omni reprint looks just as thick as the old one. I would have liked it slightly thinner pages to cut down on the weight and size. It's just over the comfortable reading limit for me

>Got no clue why I bought Tea Dragon Society. It was cute but I expected more
discount bin? I take chances on all sorts of books in bins. Ended up with some shitty books but oh well.

>promethea

good pick

nice fat titties!
I don't see anything pleb about this capeshit.

Buy Flintstones. By far the best story, it's already completed, only 2 trades paperbacks. VERY much worth the money.

I tend to just lurk in these threads and chat occasionally, I buy but I'm too lazy to post pics. I usually only post pics if I'm really excited about something but the things that excite me is stuff nobody else cares about so no discussion is generated anyway.

If you want to support a smaller imprint then either go wildstorm or Young Animal. Flintstones is already dead

So hey, any of you know a good way to get rid of stickers from an omnibus dust cover?

Theres usually at least a couple things coming out every month I want but I'm a poorfag so if I were to keep a list going it'd be a mile long.

Budgeting for floppies is fairly easy but I don't have a credit card (poorfag), so i can't just splurge on something when it comes out.

I just placed an order, will get here Friday and will post it then.

I totally forgot that Black Friday is coming (it's a new thing to Leaf's). Do you guys save up a bunch of cash for that day?

>I usually only post pics if I'm really excited about something but the things that excite me is stuff nobody else cares about so no discussion is generated anyway.
People post real oddities and underground stuff all the time. You never know what will drive conversation here. Quit your bitching and post pics

Dude... its considerably thinner than the old one, like, by alot. the old simonson thor omni is up there with Collosal Conan and Big Damn Sin City for being one of the biggest omnis I can think of.

theres plenty more giant ones out there like Invisibles and Doom Patrol but not to the extent of those 3

Be less self concious and awkward, pull out your phone, and take some pics. You have no idea how many insane collections have been posted here. I mean for fucks sake there are ppl who own "Trouble" by Millar, leave it on their shelf for the pic, and willingly put that out there.

get over yourself.

Shit, do you think there will be any sales for Leafs? We never get them normally

How i have it set up for now....missing a box of floppies somewhere. Probably in storage still

Why? Because he used an unpublished idea of his own? You know pretty much every single writer does this, right?

I'm going to ask this weekend. But Amazon will have a sale just not sure how good it will be for books

oh awesome, I will have to pick it up then

>I don't see anything pleb about this capeshit.
It was ironic. They're my own comics and I payed for them, I wouldn't had done it if I actually believed it was pleb shit.

>the things that excite me is stuff nobody else cares about so no discussion is generated anyway.
I thought so as well but you always find somebody who also likes your stuff, or at least is curious about it. That's what's fun about these threads, only real comic enthusiasts come here.

Forgot pic

Ahh.... the shotgun method of sorting, just cram shit whereever the hell you want.

Good god man get some order in your life.

DC together Marvel together. Everything is supposed to be genre except to reads and special books

>Good god man get some order in your life.
Not that guy, but you must have too much money, time and space. I've got all my comics spread all over the place because I don't have the money to buy big enough shelves, and even if I had, I don't really have space to place them. And to try to make some coherent order for all the shit I have, I'd need a lot of time to sort stuff.

Drain, nice

Your specific Hellboy collection actually convinced me to get into Mignolaverse and start collecting Hellboy stuff.
I thank you good user

Did you ever read Prez?
If so go for Flintstones for sure if ya enjoyed it.

That lone wolf and cub is looking sexy.
That's hardback, right?

Wait doesn't the 2nd half the run with Phantom Stranger?
YOU TALKIN SHIT ABOUT MY BOI PHANTOM STRANGA?

I hear that the paper quality in that Loki omnibus is pretty meh. Any comments?

The paper quality for marvel is always shit now, thin thin paper is the norm.

The Akira boxset is well worth the money. I got mine for like 50% off, but I'd be willing to pay retail now that I've handled it. The hardcovers are well put together with sewn binding and pretty decent paper. The dust covers are a little misaligned though. The art book is great as well, if only that it collects the title pages that the were excluded from the books. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them in the box or not yet.

I also have Werewolf Jones & Sons 2 and that bootleg MMO doujin coming to me as well.

Good shit. Is Cerebus in Hell any good at all? I'm very wary of it.

That Hellboy statue is amazing.

Damn that's cool.

Hello shelffags, I am looking to buy/collect the sandman and hellboy trades. Are there any specific trades I should look to get or no?

just kidding but not really