Anybody read this arc? Do you suppose the nightmare world introduced in here might also be in the Dark Multiverse?

Anybody read this arc? Do you suppose the nightmare world introduced in here might also be in the Dark Multiverse?

In case you haven't read it Dr. Destiny traps Atom and other Leaguers in a nightmare world, a world where Wonder Woman doesn't exist, something had happened to Superman, and the Justice League (the one shown on the cover) took over the world kinda like the Squadron Supreme, but became more ruthless.

sounds interesting - someone should story time it

Bumping until this happens.

Same

You mean the world which they escaped because comatose Ted thought about it? I doubt that they'll ever reference it again, just as I doubt Power Girl's son will ever be referenced.
But shit was really disturbing at times, especially Hawkman, that Sinestro with his hands cut, yeesh.

It sounds like a one-off thing but from the way the Dark Multiverse sounds, that world sounds like it could show up there.

This version of J'onn references Superman but he's not in the story so I guess in this alternate Earth something happened to him.

You're a G, bud

>best girl dies
It's shit.

Hal's costume in this arc is based on the first costume he wore.

Bump

At this time, regular Batman was wearing the blue costume with the yellow oval logo.

Considering that White Knight is probably in the dark multiverse the new era else worlds will probably all be set in the dark multiverse and will have a vague clue that they are I.E Mad hatter's dialogue in White knight references some of the events of Metal even though its a vague quote from Alice in wonderland so Dark Prince Charming and Night wing New World Order could also be set in the dark multiverse but I doubt this nightmare world is Fuck Alina Wayne might just be the result a dark multiverse world

Barry's wearing a black costume for some reason. maybe to reference Whizzer's later costume?

>This version of J'onn references Superman but he's not in the story so I guess in this alternate Earth something happened to him.
Well, at that time the main Superman was also gone after Doomsday dealt with him.

Yeah but other characters are in their early looks (Batman, Green Lantern) and this was the time when Wonder Woman debuted late in the DCU (in Legends, which takes place after the Satellite era of JLA) which is why this version of Hawkman doesn't recognize her later on in the story.

I mean I guess you could say that Doomsday went on a rampage earlier in this world, though.

You seem to be right, guess that's also why the Flash here is Barry and not Wally, at least if it's not colourist's mistake.

I think this was my first contact with Green Arrow (I started reading DC at JLI where he does not appear) and I really liked him in that story as the only decent dude among these bad guys.

Bump

>autism

Well

Its more the story Dwyane McDuffie wholesale ripped off for the Justice Lords story. A JLA member is killed (Superman in this case) and the JLA goes super fascist as a result

What's with Flash's outfit?

I read this recently too, it was short and sweet but I would have liked a couple more issues.

I thought it was a reference to Whizzer from Squadron Supreme but he didn't wear the black costume until after this. I think it's just to emphasize how much darker these heroes are.

The atom has pale colors.

bump

Seems to be Hawkworld katar merged with pre crisis.

Ah yes, Booster with crop-top and mullet.
And then Beetle made him an ugly Footbal player Iron Man armor.
And then he died.
The 90s were wild.

Lol

Reaction image worthy

...it's his regular costume?

well, its also got that little JL logo patch with the SS lightning bolt on his shoulder

In his first appearance he had a costume where the arm part was all black. Then later on (I think in mid-60's) the costume was modified to have green shoulders.