Skyland

Who remembers this golden gem on Nicktoons Network?

>Canadian cartoon
>not trash
>ever

Do Gold Gems exist?

Hell yeah, my male family member of african american descent.

my favorite episode was either the one in the big library, or that actually quite terrifying one with the water-drilling robot that realised humans were 80 percent water and killed everyone

goddamn the backgrounds were beautiful. it was really good

I remember only ever seeing one episode of this, was it axed immediately or what?

This show was soo great, they used to play it after Avatar

I was a cool concept, the first episodes where oddly similar to Avatar (Girl with powers, badass older brother evil empire that targets people like the sister) It didn´t help that they played it after Avatar back in the day.

Don't forget the boomerang!

What made the sister special again?

It was like a mix of Clone Wars & X-Men.

she had seijin powers ( i always thought they were called sagent powers, but hey)

she had psychic and ESP powers, and could even shoot energy, but they needed to be recharged in the sun with uv radiation

the main villian, oleg or something like that also had seijin powers, but he had special UV orbs to power his because his ships had no natural light in them

actually, the show had fantastic lighting and bloom. i found myself thnking of that game, ICO whenever i watched way back then

its very underrated

I've changed alot now from when I was a kid. For some reason I never gave this show, Code Lyoko and pic related a chance purely by judging the book by it's cover, now these shows look right up my alley I feel bad for not being part of it's audience when it aired

Yeah I remember Skyland being the IT show, premiered the same time as The Last Airbender didn't it? Maybe thats why it was DOA

Lasted one season.
I always kinda viewed it as a sister show. I wish Nick had used it in their crossover games.

Also, Oslo wanting to "marry" a 12 year old girl was pretty fucked for a kids cartoon.

Yeah. They did in 2005. I think they were a few months apart thou.

Yeah I think people just latched unto ATLA more because of the animation, skyland has really weird art desu. I do remember it being pretty good but also it being too mature, Fuck I was so young back in 2005 holy shit. I remember the mom being kidnapped by the badguy and the badguy wanting to fugg the kid or something?

Not much from it.

>golden gem
I mean the show had a really interesting premise and setting but somehow it still managed to be a boring snoozefest. All the characters felt bland in it too.

Nice Last Exile rip off.

I remember it, but I didn't have the attention span to care for it as a kid.

I remember the chemotherapy villain

What?

So that's what it was called! I've been searching for this show for years without remembering it's name...
Now to find the 3D animated one about robots and some Fist Mcguffin that I remember liking a lot

This fucker. And after googling it turns out that the female villain was also a baldy

Baldy females are under represented.

Did you make that up?

It was fun but it ain’t no gem

Didn't the people behind this later on make Lastman?