tvpassport.com/series/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil/248394
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/167195272053
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Laundry Knight is such a Spaniard.

Thanks

I'm a Jackiefag
But Jackie shouldn't have appeared

Figured we should have a decent thread

It's not even a particularly shocking episode or anything but it's weird to think that we've gone from the first episode to Star and Moon talking about funerals.

So we've long established Marco is the squire Sir Lavabo will have right?

Yes she should. Imagine if they would have shown Marco back on Earth without Jackie, how would that have seemed?

Why not?

>Kenny Pittenger co-boarding Rest in Pudding
neat

Don't tell Jackie.

If the titles + descriptions weren't enough River going HEY MAYBE ONE DAY YOU COULD BE A KNIGHT, HUH, HUH? in about the first minute of the episode should be more than enough.

I hated this scene.

Realistically speaking what will eventually happen regarding Marco's relationship with Jackie? Judging from episode descriptions and so on, no personal prejudices.

Any link for the episode descriptions?

Sir Lavabo is the best husbando.

His armor is dope.

>I'm so fucked up

>River going HEY MAYBE ONE DAY YOU COULD BE A KNIGHT, HUH, HUH?
Kek. So obvious

Hard to tell considering Jackie is in none of them and no one expected her brief appearance in Rest in Pudding.

I say they don't break up in Sophomore Slump, but they agree that they need to seriously consider where their feelings lie. Marco will bring Jackie to Mewni occasionally in an effort to make the divide between the two worlds seem less permanent, and then she will be one of the guests kidnapped in Monster Bash.

Hence why the intro team doesn't include her.

tvpassport.com/series/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil/248394

Click on season 3

Thanks user

>Marco and Jackie go out together
>Janna "accidental" at the same place
>He politely asks her a question
>"S-SHUT UP!"
>Box of salt
What did Nefcy mean by this?

This is pretty good speculation.

It's obvious (it's always fucking been obvious since before the show aired) that starco is endgame, and the show is now building up their pining for one another, with Star being obviously messed up on missing Marco and Marco starting to slowly awaken to the emotions he might harbour towards her, but imo Nefcy won't make it that easy, and will build up Jackie and jarco for maximum emotional distress and nail-biting.

So I do think that anyone expecting them to break up in Sophomore Slump or even agreeing to go on a break is a bit dim. It'd be much too easy and too soon.

Marco's going back to Mewni to spend more time around Star, so I think his relationship with Jackie is only gonna get stronger in SS (and possibly in small scenes here and there in other episodes, showing them doing things as a couple) in order to keep up the tension and make it seem like there might be a chance he might actually end up with Jackie for good.
I too rather suspect somehow Jackie will also end up being at the Monster Bash, as Marco's date or something, and will get kidnapped.

I think Jarco will keep getting stronger and they'll grow closer in order to build up tension and drive Star into making really stupid fucking decisions. I'm guessing that Jackie will show up in Mewni alongside Marco at some point, the huge Monster Bash is a good guess, but what will happen then I'm not sure. Maybe she'll get turned into a mermaid, maybe it'll turn out she has merperson ancestry, maybe she'll meet Tom and fall for him, maybe she'll eventually get rescued and turn out to be bad-ass but nothing more.

I think eventual endgame in the show is starco, but it won't happen this season.

the real question here

did Jackie tried anythings sexual on Marco?

I mean, the new generation try to "do it" very quickly compared to us.

how can jackie even compete?

Let's all be honest here, Scent of a Hoodie was a trip into Nefcy's Magical Realm.

Also, how long was Marco in Mewni for?

Don't pretend that people of our generation weren't doing it in high school.

We're the outlier 21-year-old virgins here.

Janna is a bad person to hang out with unless she's with Star

Yeah that felt kinda forced, both her and Marco though. It really wasn't funny as a joke because yeah why are they both hanging out with Janna? I know Alfonso and Ferguson are a meme for being irrelevant but it seems like they're Marco's closest friends besides Sensei and Jackie so he should be hanging out with them realistically and Jackie is established to have a different group of friends as well. The fuck were they doing with Janna? Saying this as possibly our biggest Janna and Mannafag too.

this episode any good or just more boring romance crap?

Beginning is kinda cheesy but good cheesy. After that it's more magic adventure type stuff.

>more boring romance crap?
You make it sound like we get a lot. Don't let these threads influence you. Show's like 95% magic and comedy stuff

It's a good start, reminds a bit of season 1. Good intro into the next few lore episodes, tomorrow we get Eclipsa.

Uhh...Jackie and Janna ARE friends

> how can jackie even compete?

Scent of a Hoodie / Rest in Pudding

Star secretly keeps Marco’s hoodie as a reminder of their friendship and is not ready to let him go. Star has recurring visions of Glossaryck and believes he’s haunting her.

Club Snubbed / Stranger Danger

Tom snubs Star at the Silver Bell Ball. Star meets the ancient Queen Eclipsa.

Demoncism / Sophomore Slump

Star and Tom's relationship is put to the test when Tom decides to get rid of his demons. Marco decides to put in a full effort to living life in the present on Earth.

Lint Catcher / Trial by Squire

Marco returns to Mewni, but questions whether he should have returned at all. Star and Marco prepare for the Midnight Warrior Blowout Sale at Quest Buy.

Princess Turdina / Starfari

A surprise visitor pressures Marco to reveal Turdina’s true identity. Star goes out into the field to understand why Mewmans treat Monsters unfairly.

Sweet Dreams / Lava Lake Beach

Kelly breaks up with her boyfriend and Marco questions his friendship with Star. Star discovers she travels through multiple dimensions in her dreams.

Death Peck / Ponymonium

Star urges the royal youth of Mewni to sign a petition calling for the equal treatment of Monsters. Star is thrilled when Ponyhead invites her to dinner with her sisters.

Nightlife / Deep Dive

Star learns that Marco and Hekapoo have been dealing with rogue interdimensional portals. Star’s sleep-portaling becomes a danger, and she decides to put a stop to it.

Monster Bash

All the youth of Mewni gather at the ancient Monster Temple to celebrate a new era of Monsters and Mewmans living together in peace, until guests start disappearing!

If anyone has the pics about the schedule, like the purple one, I'd appreciate it

Why is ludo-toffee still in the intro

>but it won't happen this season.
You mean season 3 as a whole or Season 3A? I don't think anybody, and I'm including the staff here, will be able to take this tension if they drag it out for another season

Jackie obviously invited Janna to hang out with them maybe last time.

>tomorrow we get Eclipsa.
thank god

Jackie and Janna are old friends. Janna kinda seemed to drop Jackie for Star, but now that Star's gone she's back to hanging with Jackie, and Marco agreed since his gf asked so nicely

The joke was that Janna was doing all that weird shit while hanging out with other people

>Saying this as possibly our biggest Janna and Mannafag too.
It was a bone thrown to Mannafags. Sometimes we get the "Marco, come play with us~" bone and sometimes we get "SHUT UP!" bone. I'm starting to believe that Janna/Marco is basically Helga/Arnold.

>the meaning of Marco cape is basically an invitation from River to fuck his daughter anytime
maybe it's not magically but eh, alone for that it's good enough.

>Tomorrow's episode
>Tomco bait and Eclipsa

Is that the new season's first episode?

>tfw Star's mom will never look at you like this

>and then she will be one of the guests kidnapped in Monster Bash.

>kidnapped by a group rogue monsters
>jlullaby draws bad end art where they turn Jackie into their cumdumpster.

Yes or no?

Yes just to piss everyone off

The next two days are going to be hard as a Starco fan depending on which direction they go. Here's my theory, Club Snubbed and Demoncism are the story of how Star and Tom started dating and broke up respectively. I really don't see them getting back together so quickly after zero positive development, and there's no reason for Tom to "snub" Star so I'm pretty sure that's a flashback episode. Demoncism also describes putting their relationship to the test so I think that implies they're already dating and that Tom fails to convince Star he can "let go of his demons" which is why they break up.

We'll see though

Maybe they're waiting until Eclipsa actually does something evil in the show before replacing him with her.

Or it's just gonna stay like that forever like the S1 Ludo stuff in S2. But I think the animation could imply it might change: Marco stares at what looks like Eclipsa's empty crystal, compared to the other ones, then he and Star look up and see her for real. The crystal isn't broken though, so maybe not.

It's weird they went to the effort of replacing the wand though, which seems like it'd be more of a process than changing a single shot.

Nah this is halfway through the first half... as confusing as that is. The Battle of Mewni special was the first quarter of season 3.

How? you literally replace the model with a new model and boom it's done. Keep the same animations just with a different object.

>Sophomore Slump

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

This entire season feels like a rollercoaster

It's probably the first episode actually written for 3, as the Battle for Mewni stuff seemed like the original finale written for 2 but pushed forward a bit and thus produced for S3.

The beginning of the Eclipsa arc more like.

>The next two days are going to be hard as a Starco fan depending on which direction they go
No, since Starco is still the very obvious endgame.

The only butthurt people will be the /r9k/ posters calling Star a roastie for trying to give Tom another chance since Marco won't acknowledge her confession.

I mean season 3 as a whole.

I know people were hyping themselves up with "hurr Marco will dump Jackie and get with Star as soon as season 3 starts, probably within the first 3 episodes" tier idiocy, but that's their loss.
Tension is good. Tension is what keeps viewers coming back. Nefcy is no fool, and has made comments about how she believes people don't want to be happy (as in, have canon starco) and she's right.

I mean, I do think there'll be significant starco developments this season. And it's possible that in the season finale, where dramatic shit goes down, there will be a big starco confession or moment or jarco drama or something, that will leave things open for the starco to kick into proper gear in s4.

But if you're hoping for starco to become canon this season you're just begging to get disappointed imo. My hunch re: romantic developments based on nothing but vague feels is such:
>s1: from annoyance to great friends, friendship sacrifice in the finale
>s2: great friends to Star realising romantic feelings while Marco gets with Jackie, dramatic confession t. Star in the finale
>s3: character growth through suffering, awkwardness, pining and tension, Marco slowly realising his romantic feelings, jarco stronk and growing stronker(at least in the first half, possibly through the season), crazy drama in the finale, maybe feat. confession t. Marco
>s4: even more awkwardness, pining and suffering, starco both aware of their mutual feelings (with a forbidden fruit twist) and working through the tangle of relationships feat. Tom and Jackie's feelings, starco canon in the latter half of the season.

if we get season 5 I think season 4 will continue dragging it out and we'll get canon starco in the first half of season 5.

Nefcy is a fucking mad woman

It was animated by Rough Draft though, right? Though I guess the face of the wand's always somewhat copypasted.

Just seems like if they changed it throughout they could have inserted like a second or two of Eclipsa, but then maybe they will.

It's because Eclipsa hasn't borken out of the crystal yet, or at least we're not supposed to know

like you said, it's a possibility, but at the same time can open new doors to push starco aside again with Tom and Jackie, my only hope at least is this will force Marco to realize his feelings at least.

>jlullaby draws bad end art where they turn Jackie into their cumdumpster.
you mean the only good thing that Jarco has to offer so far? yeah, i take it

>The next two days are going to be hard as a Starco fan
>two days
Oh you poor sweet naive child. This whole season is going to be hard as a starco fan. Though there will definitely be some intense starco development moments here and there to carry you through and give you strength, but still, brace yourself

imagine killing star while she makes eye contact with you

they don't hang out with janna

janna hangs out with them

How can you say that when Jarco is breaking up on Wednesday?

Look all I'm saying is I don't want them to drag this shit out for an entire two seasons and then Starco in the last episode like Danny Phantom or ATLA or all those other shows that do this. I actually want something like Kim Possible again when they're doing their thing and a couple

>even more awkwardness
See, that's fine for now. it's good and juicy but it will wear thin. Unlike those other examples, Putting this stuff relatively in the front and then keep dragging it forever will be draining and just make people wonder why the fuck you didn't just let it happen sooner. Unless something really shakes it up like Star really going to the dark side or something, it will be annoying to see all this tension when the foundation of the show is these two's relationship

does Jackie even like Janna

>>jlullaby draws bad end art where they turn Jackie into their cumdumpster.
Fuck that noise.They should doMarco cumdumpster art.

Is nobody else kind of just freaking at the idea of there being a real deal funeral in this show even if it's slightly comedic, a character is really dead.

Not like they've ever had a conversation so

(I know this show likes show not tell a lot but there's honestly too much stuff that's off-screened that we're supposed to infer that doesn't give a clearer picture on things)

>Kim Possible again when they're doing their thing and a couple
KP actually intended to do Ron/Kim in a series finale movie, it's just that it got a surprise renewal.

>(I know this show likes show not tell a lot but there's honestly too much stuff that's off-screened that we're supposed to infer that doesn't give a clearer picture on things)
Like Jackie's entire personality?

>See, that's fine for now. it's good and juicy but it will wear thin.
No it ain't fucking fine brah, it wore thin back in season 2. It began in BMB and it's dragging ever since. Instead of this constant Starco bait for two more fucking seasons, I'd rather have them become a couple now and explore their dynamic and lives as couples and then throw in some turbulence. It would break this boring shit we've been getting for literal years.

imagine snapping stars little leg

Star masturbating while sniffing Marco's hoodie is pretty much canon. Good to know

> Marco decides to put in a full effort to living life in the present on Earth.
>Marco returns to Mewni

It it happen I'll face it as a man, not as starcuck crybaby.

>but questions whether he should have returned at all
If that's the case then I doubt he will break up with Jackie in Sophmore Slump

imagine strangling star

I'm actually honestly looking forward to Jarco not breaking up in Sophomore Slump, and seeing all the buttmad starcocucks tripping over themselves to move their goalposts and pretend that it's fine and actually Jarco is still about to break up any moment anyway because of where Jackie sat or how her facial expression was in scene x or because they didn't kiss or because they kissed in an emotionless way, or because she has no flaws and will stay behind on Earth or has too many flaws and will break up with Marco once she sees how close he is with Star, or something

Exactly

I agree but
>It began in BMB and it's dragging ever since
I mean there was only two episodes since BMB that actually dealt with it. That's why I'm okay with it now but will not if they don't shake something up by the end of S3

You forgot to add:

>Marco questions his friendship with Star
>Marco and Hekapoo have been dealing with rogue interdimensional portals

> show not tell
It's not "show not tell". It's "not show not tell, let fans guess".

What a twist

Same for Marco though right?

How fucking butthurt would you be if the show ended like this?

Nah, only Star. She was about to kill a man for that hoodie after all.

she wants the cummies off his sweater

What emotion is this face supposed to convey?

>It's "not show not tell, let fans guess".
Well no, that would imply that they're purposely hiding or misleading information. The show is very straight forward. To the point where I wonder why some people speculate as hard as they do. It's just that there are small bits of it that it does not really care about acknowledging, if at all, until it feels like it.

Wasn't this a happy ending? I was under the impression it foreshadowed they could meet again

She was just gonna turn him into a duck.

This was one of the purest things I've ever seen

She wasn't actually gonna kill him. Definitely hurt him though

>Marco questions his friendship with Star.
>Star learns that Marco and Hekapoo have been dealing with rogue interdimensional portals.
>"learns"
>Marco didn't tell her about paying Heckapoo another visit
What did Nefcy mean by this?

>I saw bloodlust in your eyes
Star is fucking crazy

I think he smells Star's juices on his hoodie

She always looks like.

moringmark.tumblr.com/post/167195272053

(How is he so fast?)

why DO they hang out with janna

But she has turned herself to duck instead.

I think Janna just intrudes whereever she wants