After being on Sup Forums for a while...

After being on Sup Forums for a while, I've decided to try to be a Christian and to learn about Christianity - I started going to a local Anglican church that had a sign out the front saying anyone was welcome.

I've been learning plenty from a few online resources and I read the New Testament online.

I don't really know any practicing Christians irl, and I'm too shy to ask stupid questions to people at my church.

Does anyone have any real-world tips on what i can do to improve myself as a Christian?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.rocketnews24.com/2014/06/14/how-to-make-epic-pancakes-with-your-japanese-rice-cooker/
youtube.com/watch?v=uoRa3MZxV8g
youtu.be/jHd0EgaDNnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

keep going to church and read the Bible. Start with the new testament (Romans is good). dont be afraid to ask question!

Red pill the fuck out of them

>t. churchfag since 2002

Read Peter Hitchins.

why are those pancakes so thick

This is the real question and I demand answeres.

w-where did you get this?

>getting trolled by pol shitposting this hard

Read Christopher Hitchens, Ayn Rand and Richard Dawkins. Maybe it's not too late to save your soul.

Family photo album

More like indoctrinate his mind with Marxist propaganda

japs have a weird obsession with fluffy food

Read your old testament too. The new is hollow without the old.

Heres the important bit:

Do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your god.
If you can truly understand these three things and live them, then you're doing good.

Make sure you're going to a High Anglican Church that practices the liturgy, they tend to drop the cuckoldry baggage that often comes with Church now.

Ahh it's you again.

Also, get a KJV version of the Bible. It is objectively the best translation and is practically a great work of literature.

en.rocketnews24.com/2014/06/14/how-to-make-epic-pancakes-with-your-japanese-rice-cooker/

You can also make a killer cheesecake in a rice cooker.

I have one from 1901.

>Read Christopher Hitchens, Ayn Rand and Richard Dawkins.

ends up on Sup Forums thinking he's outwitted God

Has it held together well or is it falling apart?

Running on empty....foooood review!

Good job on the chicken nugs bro

which is the best one to start with?

Oh, I've just been reading the New International Version if that makes a big difference

Why do I want to fuck those pancakes?

>Christian
>Anglican

Choose one.

It fell apart along the way but I put it back together and now it's tough.

Still has all the pages, the cover is so old and falling apart. Pages are tinted yellow with time, but I feel that it makes it that much better to me.

I went past a Catholic church first but no joke it was 100% chinks
Probably explains your snowgook post

If you're an Anglican pray using the 1662 book of common prayer. It is the theology of the whole bible perfectly condensed for prayer, and the language is beautiful and memorable. Try and find a more traditional Anglican church, there are a lot of Anglicans in Australia who confuse SJW progressive political culture with Christianity

This.

Don't be a degenerate. Help other Christians when you can.

That's seriously it.

>I started going to a local Anglican church that had a sign out the front saying anyone was welcome.
urgh i've seen them around, multiculti-church. thats why im no longer an anglican.

the only books you have to read are the books where Jesus spoke, Matthew Mark Luke John, the first 4 books of the NY. Jesus' words are in red. that's the starting point if you can't get into that then hopefully science will find an immortality drug

they are pretty leftist, but I am in Melbourne so I expect that pretty much everywhere

Chinese, japanese and koreans are converting en masse these days... God knows why :^D

AYYY

Don't do it user. All religion is a lie. The church just wants your resources to help create more Christians. It's a fucking virus.

christianity is sand nigger kike trash created to make white weak and turn them into cucks. if you're going to pick a religion at least pick a white one

Kek

So have basic morality and don't be an asshole?

>I don't really know any practicing Christians irl

You said you've been going to church? Maybe ask there if they have a Bible study or small group you could join.

Not just other Christians, my dude. Remember the parable of the good Samaritan. Everyone is a child of God.

It's good to see Christianity on this board. I'll pray for all of you. :)

Go to your church's bible study.
Or talk to the priest.

Check out Joseph Prince. Will put it all in perspective. Look for his YouTube video's where he's preaching in Israel and explains why they are fucked.

I've learned more on my own that I ever have inside a Church

My advice, study on your own. Don't worry so much about finding other Christians to feel like you belong. We're all sinners. Grow in the faith and others will be affected when you speak the truth.

There's a lot of verses that say when you speak the truth, the words of God.. it affects others. The words of God and the Holy name of Jesus has power. Even demons know this.

Call somebody out IRL on some BS they are doing and quote the bible and see what happens.

I'm not saying I walk around Bible thumping all the time, but I have seen other do it and when you talk about God and use his words the feeling in the room is very different, electric even, spirit filled perhaps.

It's an experience when you speak the truth. It's actually a type of worship I would even say. You worship him God when you do good, you worship Lucifer when you do evil.

>It's good to see Christianity on this board. I'll pray for all of you. :)

A fellow user pointed out to me that according to Matthew 18:20, these threads are a church. It was one of the most inspiring things I've seen posted on Sup Forums.

I'll pray for all of you too.

check out books by Gordon Clark
good philosophical stuff

>Protestant
l e l

Go find a Catholic or Orthodox Church.

>Christian
>Australian

Tough break

Best part about being christian is that no one can judge you on how you pray and what you want to pray for.

Feel Comfortable going to church, they won't judge you if you ask nicely.

The whole book of Matthew is just awesome, my favorite.

Matt6-26 is my favorite. God will always provide what we need.

Don't be afraid to ask questions op most people love flexing their brains bible muscles. And priests get harder from being asked questions then when a choir boy asks to take a nap in their office while they let their wet pants dry in the window. They like to feel like their helpful.

youtube.com/watch?v=uoRa3MZxV8g

Please know the Catholic church adopted a bit too much paganism and has you unknowingly doing and worshiping pagan things.

I don't mean this as an insult I honestly believe that Church has been astray since even before we left it.

That video has a ton of Catholic history.

Praying for you too, user, along with the rest of you.

Remember that Christianity is fundamentally a relationship and not a religion, enabling you by your faith in the blood of Jesus Christ to have direct access to the throne of God. That isn't a license to continue to live in sin, but a call on your life to pray for the transformative power of God through the Holy Spirit to change your heart and mind and be more conformed to the image of Jesus.

To be saved, all one must do is declare with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart (have faith in the truth of God's word) that God raised Him from the dead. Understand that Jesus died so you may live eternal, and accept the grace of God offered through that free gift, if you will only accept what he has done on your behalf.

Pray that the Lord would come into your heart, into your life, and pray that He would reveal Himself to you. Pray that He would make Hos word come alive for you, then study diligently. He loves to come meet with you, wherever you are, if you just turn to Him.

Rather than just looking up these verses, read the whole chapter for some context, but these should be a good starting point:
Romans 5:6-11
Romans 8:31-39
Hebrews 10:14
Hebrews 4:16

>aus Anglicans
>aka refugees welcome sanctuary churches

Bloody hell mate, could you have chosen a worse denomination

jesus christ

are those pancakes?

Yes, made in a rice cooker.

Indeed, but I dig the New King James Version for most of my reading. It protects the original depth of the English language in the KJV, but makes for a little more fluent reading without the "thees and thous".

Hello brother. Don't be too confused and let me give some tips. I've been in and around the church community for my entire life.

>I'm too shy to ask stupid questions to people at my church.
Don't ask random people in pews. Talk to a deacon, preacher, or some other church official - find someone who leads a study session or sunday school class. They may not have all the answers, but they should have answers to most of them.

Before I give my own advice as to how to improve yourself as a Christian I'd like to make you aware of a sad reality.

Most Christians are Christians only on the surface level. They are humans. They sin, do bad things, go to work, curse, hate, love, etc just like everyone else. They don't study the bible daily nor indepth. They couldn't tell you a verse besides John 3:16. They might not even know who Job is.

I tell you this because many people when they first come to know the lord and want to learn more about Christianity they end up very saddened by learning that the church as a community is very unchristian outside of the church. Don't let this worry you too much, but just be understanding that people live their lives in a very hypocritical way.

So onto your question.

>what i can do to improve myself as a Christian?
Resist sin. Do good works. Help others. Community service. While doing this, share the gospel, share your testimony, tell others who are not Christians about Christianity. Go deeper and become involved in a person's life. Give younger people life tips - help them on their way through life depending on what experience you have. Help older people when they run into frustrating problems.

Opportunities for Christian work are endless. It's all about helping your community and building a wholesome society.

Do you have any questions that I may be able to answer while I'm still awake?

First do not be afraid to ask questions, your church is there to help you on this road.
Cannot stress the fact of getting your daily bread (bible). Read, study and mediate on it daily.
Daily prayer.
These are daily habits to get into. Don't be afraid to ask God for joy and passion to do so, it isn't a selfish request.
And if I was to recommend someone to watch I'll go john piper, mans a wizard

If he's in Sydney it's alright, the one outside might as well be a uniting church

Learn to history. The "Christian cucks" these days are far flung from based af Christianity.

youtu.be/jHd0EgaDNnk

Better yet they mock it

Exactly. And welcome in Islamic "refugees" while ignoring their own persecuted Christian brethren.

Dam straight, I'm glad I got my church, it's a charismatic brethren church (there is such a thing). But pretty based, the council was going to try to put 3 mosque in our area. Our pastor was having none of it and built up a rally to counter it.

Do people really believe religion or do they use it as a tool to succeed in what they define as success?

Learn your seven sins and your seven virtues and live by them. All you need as far as good works and a pure heart go.

the CHCH diocese and maori diocese is pretty based though