Barry Allen Is Never Called "The Flash" In JUSTICE LEAGUE

>Gag scene where he spitballs lame named for himself was cut.

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/justice-league-ezra-miller-reveals-a-deleted-scene-and-shares-a-shocking-new-detail-about-the-flash-a155052

Why does WB do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wonder Woman was never referred to as "Wonder Woman" in her movie. The JL probably has no reason to call him the Flash if just met him

There is a flash in his chest.
I think Amanda Waller called him flahs.

because they're incompetent? these are the same people who put out Pan, Geostorm, King Arthur and keep the DCEU going even though NO ONE WANTS IT

Wonder Woman is kind of a stupid name in hindsight.

Ah yes, continuing the annoying trend of "lol superhero names are so dumb!!!! xDDD superhero costumes are so dumb!!! xDDD"

Fucking hell. They live in a universe where this wacky ass shit can happen. Let them be wacky, goddamnit.

Because capeshit is cultural gutter trash and the only way to make it palatable for normal people who've evolved beyond cold war mentality is to remove some of the cringiest aspects and continually make sure the audience knows the writers know it's all ridiculous

Barry would look so much better in a zentai with some doodads on top, I don't understand the Jim Lee style thought process of "add more lines, make it look heavy!" He's a fucking super speeder, why wouldn't he wear tights?

Simply winking has become lazier than rolling with it in our post-modern media landscape.

has there ever been a speedster who shaves their head and wears nothing but a speedo?

No fun allowed in DC, only gritty realism

quads confirm

DC is where fun goes to die

In Japan there's a few heroes in niche manga like that, yeah. They usually have another absurd and silly gimmick like wearing girl's underwear as a mask.

But still, full body rights is the most effective method of practicality without compromising the aesthetic for speeders.

>The JL probably has no reason to call him the Flash if just met him
>Barry Allen
>guys, please, I have a secret identity to uphold
>Then what should we call you?
>How about... THE FLASH!
>*obligatory eye rolling because they can't help themselves*
>hey, it's better than "batman"
There ya' go. Quick throwaway line to explain why they're calling him the flash instead of just barry allen.

Calling the majority's favorite things dumb is just you lashing out at the fact that you have a harder time finding happiness than everyone else.

>There is a flash in his chest.
He's Shzam by that logic

Maybe because dumb people worry less?

I hate shit like that. Just be straight up with your hero names and dont be ashamed

Meanwhile
youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI

>getting butthurt about nothing

Batman calls Arthur "Aquaman" in his first scene

So do I, but it's better than literally never calling him The Flash.

see

Lightning

There's a symbol of lightning on his chest

All the more reason why never calling Barry the Flash.

>never calling him The Flash.
>dceu ends with Justice League.

Reminder that pre-Crisis Barry canonically named himself after a fictional superhero.

So, how do the people in his city call him? He's been a hero for more than one year, right? If he's not known as Flash, do they call him "The Blur", "Red Lightning", "Legal Speedy Gonzales" or something like that? I'm not bashing their choice yet, maybe it doesn't fit the movie, just curious.

Remember when they called Lang Ant-Man? Remember when they totally didn't start GotG with a scene making fun of the name Star Lord?

>Why does WB do this?
Because Snyder is a fucking hack that thinks superheroes are lame.

Impulse.

Can you even call that tryhard Aquaman? How much of departure does it have to be before it starts getting illegal?

>Remember when they called Lang Ant-Man?
Yes. I also remember how happy people where when it turned out that the line making fun of the name wasn't in the movie.
>Remember when they totally didn't start GotG with a scene making fun of the name Star Lord?
They didn't. They were making fun of Star-Lord himself, particularly the fact that no one had a clue who he was despite him acting like a big deal.

>Legal Speedy Gonzales"

This the thread where we pretend they never called Clark Superman in Man of Steel and ignore that Iron Man was only named in the last two minutes right ?

see

THE KRYPTONIAN
THE SUPER (space) MAN
THE BAT OF GOTHAM
DIANA PRINCE
THE GUY WHO RUNS REALLY FAST
THE GUY WHO TALKS TO FISH
AND CGI MAN

Having Starlord's name come from his cancer-ridden mother, is about the least amount of fun you can make of something.

>Iron Man was only named in the last two minutes right ?
The Iron Man name was established right after his first flight in the Mark 2.

Anyone else just kind of want to get this movie over with?

Pretty much. I'm hoping it'll either make for decent watching with drugs or drinking and won't fail hard enough to kill Shazam, which I'm actually excited for.

That doesn't mean he's wrong.

and his superhero name should be greased lightning

If they were fighting normal people sure but they are gonna be fighting parademons. Im pretty sure they wont be calling out his name.

>"Superman", "Batman", "Aquaman" and "Cyborg" are acceptable.
>"Wonder Woman" and "The Flash" are ABSOLUTE HARAM

I don't follow.

It's "realistic" as if the fucking media and the internet wouldn't be tripping over their dicks to give all these crazy heroes cool names.

So we don't even get a "What do they call you?" moment? Fuck that. He's THE FLASH, fucking call him as such. This is some "Spider-Man never throwing a punch" stupid

Blurry Barry

Do any of them have their heros name? Not twice how superman was called man of steel and batman the dark knight.

Flash movie called flashpoint. I'm the flashpoint.

Wonder Woman movie is called that but not in movie

Aquaman is a bro character.

This physically hurt to read

Niggers

welcome to Sup Forums traveler

This is just like the line from the first X-Men movie with the line where they make fun of how ridiculous their original costumes are. The irony being that their leather uniforms aged about as well as milk and that when they did include the "ridiculous" comic accurate costumes in Deadpool they looked fucking amazing

Do they think they're smart when they do this type of shit? There's nothing subversive or meaningful for when they willingly choose to do mock the source material for no reason, they just seem like a bunch of edgy assholes who realize that superheroes aren't 100% realistic

Except this is reverse. Costumes but no names.

The Streak.
In fact I hear he's buddies with the Star City guy, the Hood.
CW did it right. "Saving people...in a flash".

>It's another "not call them by their Superhero name because it isn't realistic and we want buildup to it" episode

Fuck you to fucking shit eating hell you motherfuckers. Fuck Smallville. Fuck Arrow. Fuck all of Gotham. But most of all fuck WB for doing this shit on a day to day basis.

EVERYONE KNEW CLARK KENT WAS SUPERMAN. WHY THE FUCK DID I HAVE TO WAIT EIGHT SEASONS FOR YOU TO PULL YOUR HEADS OUT FROM YOUR ASSHOLES TO CALL HIM SUPERMAN?

WOW EPIC FOR THE WIN DUDE I WANTED A 150 EPISODE ORIGIN STORY BUT HEY DEATHSTROKE IS HERE AND CALLED DEATHSTROKE BECAUSE FUCK YOU.

FUCK COMIC ACCURATE SUITS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T PLATED IN A THOUSAND LAYERS OF JIM LEE OVERDESIGNED BULLSHIT. WE GOTTA HAVE JOKES AND QUIPS AND DIRECTORS WHO NEVER READ A COMIC TO MAKE THIS CREATIVE DREAM A REALITY.

FUCK ALL THE FEEDBACK YOU GET
FUCK APPEALING TO ANYONE WHO REALLY GIVES A SHIT.
REMEMBER WHEN ARCHIE WAS AN EDGY DAWSONS CREEK? REMEMBER WHEN PETER PARKER WAS A HUGE NERDY PUSSY FOR THREE MOVIES IN A ROW HAHA WOW EPIC DUDE LET'S JUST COVER THAT UP AND MAKE AUNT MAY HOT AS A JOKE.

WE
NEED
POP
MUSIC
AND
QUIPS
STAT

FUCKING FUCK.
FUCK. FUCK.

FUCK.

Same basic idea. Costumes, logos, and Names are elements of the Superhero mythos that have no real organic way of ever being introduced into mainstream continuity

Wasn't superman called the blur in smallville?

Yeah Arrow could've done it way earlier.
>Detective Lance at a press conference
>"The Green Arrow apprehended the suspects, at which point the SCPD-"
>"The what?"
>"The Green Arrow? Guy with a green hood, uses arrows that are green? Green Arrow. As I was saying..."

The funny part is that like 99% of the time the more "nickname" they try to give them is even sillier than their actual name. Arrow was actually good though because the first season was grounded in reality so it made sense that they only referred to him as the archer/hood/vigilante. But yeah, they should've been calling him Green arrow by season 2. Shit's simple. Makes even more sense once you realize that we already do this shit in real life all the time with minor criminals. And even then, they get more ridiculous names than most superheroes!

I don't disagree, but damn.

>Green Arrow is called the Arrow
>Superman is called the Blur
>Batman is called the Dark Knight
>Captain Marvel is called Shazam
>Spiderman is the Amazing Man-Spider
>Green Lantern is the Emerald Whore
>Cyborg is the Negrobot
>Aquaman is Fish Dicks
>Ghost Rider is the Flaming Boner
Any other examples? These are all the ones I can know off the top of my head

>Cw Barry was the streak for a while. Superman is the man of steel. WonderWoman is Diana Prince.

Yet the Villains keep their name.

Flash got his name pretty quickly.
>Iris: "I'm calling you the Streak on my blog!"
>Flash: "I'm sorry Iris, but that's retarded. It's 'the Flash'."

It's capeshit/capekino/capewhateveryouwanttocallit
it's okay to have goofy names and Wonder Woman is iconic.
I hate it when directors or scriptwriter think superheronames are too childish. It's a superheroes movie, what the hell are they thinking they're doing?

Everyone loved that line, though. Even comics fans.

It literally was a different time.

on the first season of cw's flash, they don't verbally name him "the flash" for like several episodes.

so, they don't want normies to get hooked to their movies?

good.

He's named The Flash after just six episodes, and there's a running gag that people keep calling him "The Streak" even though Barry doesn't like it.

I hope this movie crashes and burns and takes Snyder's career with it.

They namedrop it in the pilot.

Yeah, but like that user said, it's capeshit. Plus, these are household names, everyone knows what they're walking into. There's honestly no reason not to just call them by their names. They look sillier by trying to dance around saying it, to be honest.

WB execs

Also, Wanda has yet to be called Scarlet Witch. Vulture somewhat gets a pass, since they "never needed" to say it, and they threw it away at the end.