The Fabled All-Female Marvel Movie

So Tessa Thompson, Brie Larson and Zoe Saldana pitched to Kevin Feige an all-female Marvel movie bringing together Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Black Widow and The Wasp.

screenrant.com/marvel-female-superhero-movie-mcu/

Assuming they even all make it through "Infinity War" alive... Could it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

literotica.com/s/slaves-of-sif
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sure, Avengers worked. They just need a good writer & director.

It will be a big success, just like A-Force.

How would they justify only females being on the team?

Underrated.

>muh empowerment.

I'm into it. Just don't be Ghostbusters 2016. Actually be good.

Isn't it presumptuous of the Valkyrie actress to propose she get that slot instead of Sif? But whatever, she's "diverse".

I like it, taking the MCU in an unexplored direction: catastrophic bombs.

Galaxy City Sirens

Lesbianism.

Yeah, obviously they want the Catwoman/HQ/Poison Ivy audience. Pity that they don't have a Catwoman or HQ or Poison Ivy tier female character.

Carol and Valkyrie assembling their rival harems. Comes to blows when Valkyrie tries to recruit Wanda.

Sif was so important to the MCU thor mythos that they dind't even bother mentioniing her in the movie because of a scheduling conflict to a damn TV show

so yeah... actually. Sif can enjoy a AoS cameo

Something like that assuming Carol is gay, but seriously if Valkyrie does the recruiting there’s no reason for her not to go for hotties.

> I'm starting an all-female Defenders. What do you say?

why not? The female MCU cast desperately needs something to do that isn't a romantic subplot. Thankfully Valkyrie dodged that but I doubt she'll be doing much in the Infinity movies and the next Thor movie's years away.

>Witches was the most fun Marvel magical series ever made

What storyline should they use?

Action movies and shows with female protagonists all suck.

Do you know that when you kill a man, the penis-parasite will animate her dead body?

Aeon Flux was good, but only the series.

You know, this is basically all I have to say about this

I'm having trouble figuring out how they could do this and not have the plot be contrived as fuck

I'll give you that. Everything else I've seen has been shit, though.

>being this naive

>Thor is the token guy team member

Kek

yup

>Thor always wanted to be a Valkyrie
>Valkyrie decides to make a new Valkyrie Squad
>Thor begs her to let him join

Meh, I prefer Sif's harem.

literotica.com/s/slaves-of-sif

Ghostbusters 2016 all over again. Marvel going the way of DC I suppose

Hemsworth was the best part of that movie by a mile

>Marvel Studios going the way of Marvel Comics
Fixed, my butthurt user.

Holy shit somebody wrote 9 parts of this!

haven't seen Thor 3 yet but Black Widow and Gamora are the most boring parts of their respective movies. Make it Nebula, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, Mantis and Wasp (is Sif still alive?) and maybe I'd watch

>Team is only together based his on gender

Yeah, what a great idea.

Why not build up to something like Nextwave or a She Hulk movie about her as a lawyer?

I'll only care if this means we finally get She-Hulk.

I like how everyone's treating this like black people in movies are a myth.

It gonna be financial failure
and probably get destroyed by feminists

this, tee-bee-aych

>all-female Marvel movie
Why not. This is marvel studios not marvel comics and birds of prey is often good
>Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Black Widow and The Wasp.
Ok there's why not.

Kek.

I actually like Black Widow quite a bit, but Tessa Thompson was awful - distractingly so - in Thor 3

>all-female movie
>Feige

"LITTLE MANBABBY HATE ALL FEMALE GHOSTBUSTERS, LITTLE MANBABIES SCARED AND CONFUSED AND RAGE ON INTERNET"

(OP)
>Assuming they even all make it through "Infinity War" alive... Could it work?

No. They'd be alienating a huge demographic. What boy between the ages of 3 to 12 is gonna want to see such a thing?

They'll lose millions. No way the jews are gonna go through with something that will promote their shit propaganda at THEIR expense.

I mean, I'd watch it just as long as they don't pander to tumblr pigs.

animal side-kick

Enchantress' boner spell go out of control, now every male on MCU can stand up because to much blood went to they penises

Superia Was Right.

Didn't they do that with ghost busters 2017?

One thing I missed from the 2000s are sexy female team movies that are cheesy and full of fan service and fun.

I doubt we'd get such a thing from this movie and it'd be loaded with some sjw female empowerment crap that would take away from what could be an interesting team.

>This

>Action movies and shows with female protagonists all suck
Nah. Terminator. Alien/s...
I'm sure there are others

Yeah, good luck with that.

Black Widow already confirmed worst.

It's hard to get A-list supported all black films together.

The only Alien movies worth a damn are straight-up horror and horror generally has better female protagonists.
Terminator was never a good franchise in the first place. Just an overall generic slasher with a sci-fi twist turned into a boring action franchise.

BW over SW. Yeah don't see that happening.

I don't think there's any indication that Marvel Studios is victim to the same insipid ideology that e.g. nu-Wars is afflicted with vis-a-vis Kathleen Kennedy, is there?

Like, Marvel Comics is a lost cause - may it rest in piss - but Marvel Studios has real investors and is actually charged with making money. They make likeable films that appeal to wide audiences. I haven't seen anything to suggest they have sjw influence at any high-reaching level

Horror is also more popular with women

Frankly, I would like a better team composition, but none of those make any sense before a 40th entry into the franchise.
Now I'd need to hear a good reason to get all of them together on a team.
And a better reason why that team shouldn't have She-Hulk.

Why would Black Widow be there? She's just an Earthbound spy. Literally everybody else can fit but Black Widow.

>Could it work?
Unless it's an onsen episode there's no reason for them to join together.

To expand, there are currently 17 MCU films and all 17 star lovable straight white males with traditionally feminine love interests

I think they've earned the right to make Black Panther and Captain Marvel (who they cast someone pretty for) without us thinking they're on board with any THE FORCE IS FE-MALE level garbage, right?

>I actually like Black Widow quite a bit

Why? She was ok in Cap 2, but never good, and completely bland in everything else.

Disney wouldn't allow anything sexy to happen. This is why them doing a John Carter movie was a mistake.

There'd definitely be some female empowerment stuff though.

I'm into the idea of an all female movie, but the team needs to be worked on simply because I can't see those 7 together for any reason except blatantly making an all female cast.

It's rare for a black superhero to lead a movie and not just be a sidekick. The only others that come to mind are Blade, Spawn, and Steel.

>[Current year]

Eh. Catwoman. Hancock. Suicide Squad
When you factor in that Blade had 3 films, I'd be very surprised if black led superhero films were less than proportional to the black share of US population

>Catwoman
Why would you bring that up in any positive way.

>THE FORCE IS FE-MALE level garbage, right?

What fresh hell is this?

>not liking Vixen

I bet it'll do just as well as the all-female ghostbusters.

I mean that’s not a right...

But seriously, with everything Marvel has done to their comics universe, nothing they do is above a heavy amount of skepticism.

Personally, I think this could have potential. There are 2 big problems with an all female cast that they need to be careful about. First, it doesn’t need to be some preachy sjw female empowerment garbage. Just focus on writing a good story, and the rest will take care of itself. Secondly, the all female cast tends to have support group syndrome. If they can avoid those, this may be a good movie.

Wow, some of the most boring characters in the MCU, I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

This is probably not going to happen because little Timmy does not want to go see a movie with only girl heroes in it, while little Jennifer doesn't give a shit about action and wants makeup, ponies, talking animals and pop songs.

Only way I could see this idea work is animated film directed towards girls, where the characters look like they were ripped from Bratz or W.I.T.C.H and are busy fighting evil while being teenagers and fawning over hot boys or having romance shipping in it.

Yeah. Gamora, Mantis and Nebula make sense. Let's say Gamora wants to talk to Nebula and uses Mantis as a filter so they can basically exchange emotions without blowing up a planet.
Valk might just run into them at a bar. But now they gotta get to Earth for something. Carol would likely meet them as a kind of super-powered envoy, but Widow and Wasp are really hard to justify.
Shit just gets terribly contrived at some point.

>Just focus on writing a good story
Not in the MCU.

She was a solid supporting cast member with good motivations and characterization in WS, she just gets the short end of the stick in the Avengers films.

I feel like Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie could work if they ran with the notion that she's a self-loathing, self-destructive alcoholic who isn't going to change.

You don't control Marvel Studios anymore, Ike. And the people who do aren't raging misogynists.

A man can dream.

Not me. I’ve lost all faith in marvel. But someone... somewhere... maybe...

Kathleen Kennedy - back middle, the current president of Lucasfilm - pushed this hard
Did you not wonder why every new piece of Star Wars media announced since the Disney takeover - TFA/TLJ, Rogue One, Forces of Destiny, Battlefront II - has had a girl lead? Get used to it

Yeah, but the wallets of the parents do. They are what dictates what Disney is going to make.

>when you push a black actor as your new SW lead only to make him a cover for your actual lead, a white person

The people who control Marvel Studios aren't raging feminists, either
They follow the money and that means catering to the public's tastes (gender roles) rather than trying to prescribe new ones

You'll have to content yourself with mere control of the funny pages for now, at least until the Mouse decides it's worth making that profitable too

I forgot about Catwoman. I hope I can forget it again soon.

You'd think that, but no.

>Valkyrie
Haven't seen yet.
>Captain Marvel
Obviously haven't fucking seen yet
>Gamora
aweful character
>Nebula
Bretty gud
>Mantis
Bretty gud
>Black Widow
aweful character
>The Wasp
ok, I guess

I'm not seeing it.
Also what's with Scarlet Witch? Who for the record is also kind of boring, but for completion's sake.

Reminder that Marvel Studios has nothing to do with Marvel Entertainment now. Marvel Studios is now entirely a Disney subdivision.

But you know that's just acculturation right? If I raised you I could turn you into a doll loving make up boy and your sister a ultra-boy. It's all about what you teach as normal and expected. The point of films like All-Lady Avengers is to mke it more acceptable for girls to be more than girly.

With the Hollywood witch hunt after Harvey w, who knows how long before this changes too.

Then no girls go to see it because super hero movies are for boys.

>Valkyrie
Terrible, sore spot in an otherwise fun film
>Captain Marvel
Pretty optimistic, good casting and Ryan Fleck is a good director
> Gamora
Boring, but fine
> Nebula
Solid character
> Mantis
Cute, funny
> Black Widow
Can be good depending on director
> The Wasp
Haven't seen

Honestly, just team up Captain Marvel (and maybe Sif) with the Guardian Gals and let Widow and Hawkeye have a team-up

A Valkyrie-led ensemble would be unwatchable

But Disney does not concern itself in changing the culture, it does the safest products possible with an interest to entertain the widest audience possible, so their products are tailor-made for societies we currently live in. And right now boys go to watch superhero movies for action and Hulk and Thor, while girls don't generally like them and have entertainment of their own. And Disney's only concern is to sell as much merchandise as possible.

Umm, sweetie, it's 2017. Stop being sexist.

user, are you aware of a movie called Wonder Woman? It was released earlier this year.

It is partially acculturation, but if you think it's JUST acculturation then I highly suggest you take a basic Freshman bio course and learn about these super nifty things call hormones

Men being more aggressive is based on reals, not feels