BREAKING: Fox in talks with Disney to buy let them buy most of them

cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

>21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Walt Disney Co., leaving behind a media company tightly focused on news and sports, according to people familiar with the situation.

>For Disney, the opportunity to take control of another movie studio and significant TV production assets as it readies a direct to consumer entertainment streaming offering is attractive as is fox's significant exposure to international markets, such as the U.K., Germany and Italy both through its networks and 30 percent ownership of B Sky B. Disney recently announced it will pull all of its movies from the Netflix platform and will establish two direct to consumer offerings; one for sports and one including its key franchises such as Star Wars and Marvel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4zMrVJjAQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YES BASED DISNEY ALWAYS WINS

Here's hoping Sony and WB are next

Apologies for the typo in the title.

so fox and abc become brothers?

Legion, Logan and Deadpool wouldnt be possible with Disney

>disney will soon own the tv rights to Batman
FINALLY we'll see him done justice

Reminder that Disney owned Miramax and produced Who Framed Roger Rabbit and fucking Pretty Woman.

>removing things from Netflix for a disney-only service

how could anyone think this is a smart business move, but then, i guess autism bucks whales will pay for fucking anything. honestly, this is the worst fucking timeline with disney consuming fucking everything

>Insert joke about Mickey Mouse ruling the world.

>in b4 tons of autistic artwork of Simpsons characters interacting with Disney characters

Welcome to your new dystopia.

Could monopoly laws prevent this?

I'm actually kind of frightened how much shit Disney is absorbing

>The one and only semi-conservative network will sell itself to one of the two liberal conglomerates

Nothing bad could possibly come out of this.

This is perfect.

Jesus Christ, the mouse will achieve his ultimate form!

Honestly, Disney has a shit ton of properties out there now. If they buy Fox, that's like 20% of what Hollywood makes.

I hate it, but every studio is making their own studio now. Haven't you noticed how netflix is losing a ton of licenses in the last year?

They're leaving behind the news and sports section if the deal goes through. I really hope it fucking doesn't.

So I guess this means Disney will finally get distribution rights for A New Hope?

Rupert Murdoch’s two sons are liberal AF. They are running the show now.

So does this mean Disney is trying to flip Fantastic Four like they did Daredevil?

Is this legal?

Yeah I've noticed it, but it just disappoints me. It's just like the lootbox train effecting video games. It's going to pollute the fucking market with hundreds of different streaming services for like one or two different things that it'll turn off people entirely. Hell, I've almost entirely transitioned to just pirating everything or going to a streaming site. None of these streaming sites offer anything than a damn paywall for 1080p most of the time

Bow to your mouse overlord

youtube.com/watch?v=b4zMrVJjAQM

NOT THE SAME

I will make it legal.

>The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

[imperial march tune intensifies]

>X-men show up in the MCU
>Wolverine lunges at people instead of stabbing them
>Xavier is bald RDJ quipping around while students get hurt around him
>Jean is black

Look faggots.

Does this mean we'll get sexy Rogue in the MCU? Does this mean we'll finally be free of the Singer bullshit?

Oh no! Look out! They might make a movie at you!

>Disney Buys Fox and gets X-Men movie rights
>Right when they need some new blood as they enter the 3rd phase of MCU

INHUMANS GENOCIDE
COMING

One day, Earth shall be known as the Walt Disney World.
The solar system's largest entertainment park in the history of mankind.

Wow so does dy really can buy anything

How can one company be so fucking BASED?

Anti-trust when?

Good fuck, how is this possible? Isn't this a violation of anti-trust laws?

Villain in Captain Marvel 3, after Mystique in 2.

>Breaking news Disney has just Bought human rights and has declared it mandatory to attend at least one screening of any marvel, Pixar of Disney film

Screencap my post.
Rogue is going to be black in MCU.

See

SOON

Looks like pic related is becoming more true everyday

Then what, they just get the movie side?

Movie and television animation studios.

I welcome our mouse overlord. Additionally, I own stock in Disney.

>Meanwhile at Disney’s shareholders meeting

All hail the Walt Disney Giga-Corporation.

Also the TV production (not broadcasting) assets.

So it'll end up being like Civil War where the MCU movie easily ends up being better than the comic event?

Inhumans being left to rot is nice to imagine but it's a double edged sword. We'll get ten times more cancerous Deadpool shit but PG this time, and a trillion other X titles.

So they'd own Simpsons?

I doubt it. The X-men are the original SJW group.

Feige backtracked on Michelle being the actual Mary Jane pretty hard.

>X Men in the MCU
God no, that ship has sailed already. Just throw Wolverine in there. His origin has the wiggle room to leave him as a government project. You don't even need to delve into his past (again). At least then, he would get a real costume

Didn't Fox Sports just have a bunch of layoffs? And Fox News is paying a bunch of settlements and still skews toward older viewers? How do they expect to last without the entertainment segment? News is a notorious money loser, and that's going to be their sole focus?

Same. This shit does not sit well to me, it's like their trying to acquire every major piece of media.

One Disneyland! One Society!

Isn't 21st Century Fox different from 20th Century Fox?

Also
>PG-13 Deadpool.

It's a no from me.

Sounds like it. Nothing's final until the deal settles though...

Wait so they’ll all remain separate entities under the fox logo?

Get ready for Family Guy Land to replace Main Street or some shit.

All shall fall 'neath the banner of the Mouse.

X men are coming home

Yes.
And the TV rights for Batman.

Can I get Disney to make a deal to buy the movie rights to my poopy?

And family guy, American dad, Cleveland show, bobs burgers, archer and the oriville which I’ve actually started like since it’s basically just a comfy TNG show with a more immature crew

Hm. Oh the irony.

Not ready to believe this yet, though.

eat shit and die, boco

The only reason why Disney hasn't bought SONY Pictures is because Jap overlords aren't ready to give up that foothold (yet). Amy certainly hasn't made it easy for them

>The ship has already sailed
Ha? Are you fucking kidding? You know how desperate Disney is right now to find some way to keep the MCU alive? You know how PROFITABLE the identity politics of the X-Men have always been? They're getting the Fantastic Four as well if this goes down and all that entails!

Skrulls! Galactus! The Phoenix Saga! Genosha! Days of Future Past! DR FUCKING DOOM

All the fucking big shit they weren't allowed to touch is open to them if they get Fox. If this happens the entire MCU3 will be built around them

>Legion, Logan and Deadpool wouldnt be possible with Disney
Except Legion is a co-production with Marvel Television. Loeb oversees it just like he does AoS and the Netflix shows. Marvel Television also oversees Gifted and the upcoming Deadpool animated series.

Also, Disney owns Touchstone, which does put out R-rated films.

And Pulp Fiction. But that was all a long time ago.

When will they hit bankruptcy?

When they're finished with that I'm sure they'll expand into paramilitary operations. Cyberpunk times will probably be way lamer than comics make it seem though.

>Additionally, I own stock in Disney.
Good call. That'll qualify you for premium citizen status down the line.

Hollllllly shit

Disney should just buy the entire Japanese anime industry. With all cartoons under the thumb of the Mouse, even SONY won't last.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

>It’s not a liquid
>It’s a great mass of solids that form a hard floor like substance

Heh. Another blow to Perlmutter.

ugh, I hope Disney just writes off FG

when Korea launches a missile to their HQ

So I guess we are all okay with the obvious power creep Disney is acquiring over the next century?

Whatever, might as well make monopolies legal now.

>tfw channel-tan eldritch autism is starting to make sense

Nah, they'll likely pull off a Judge Doom On stuff like Simpsons and Family Guy; buy the rights, then destroy them.

Fox is keeping Fox News. They're selling off their movie studios, animation studios, their music company, and, well, pretty much everything that isn't News, Sports, or Fox/Fox local affiliates.

oh this is definitely happening now

Shut the fuck up bo.. Wait, this is actually a good question.

daily reminder that people on Sup Forums don't know how anything works.

Yeah, what company doesn't want to deal with a monopoly to distribute their products. I mean it works for Marvel and Diamond, doesn't it?
Let's be serious here, Netflix is convenient, but there was no way media moguls were going to let them take control of the home video market.

Antitrust action when?

Aw shit.

half past FUCKING NEVER

>fox news
>semi-conservative
u wot?

CAN'T DOUSE THE MOUSE

Seriously though, is this shit legal? The industry is gonna become a monopoly soon.

>public domain in the US will never expand past 1920

G-great.

You dont seriously think this is a healthy sign from Disney, do you? For any company there comes a point where they're too big and have to downsize or collapse.

>And the TV rights for Batman.
they better not fucking touch Gotham... fuck, and since the show is more popular than literally all the Marvel tv shows...

If Disney buys this, theoretically their streaming service would have
>The Disney movies and shows
>all MCU things
>all Star Wars things
>Indiana Jones movies
>all the X-men movies
>The Simpsons
>Futurama
>Family Guy
>Planet of the Apes franchise
>all those smaller films and shows

Not to mention the MCU would gain access to the X-men and FF characters again.

Jesus.

I think Disney can save the Simpsons(specially if they manage to fix the Lisa's voice actor contract to have less Lisa episodes), but all Seth's shows are doomed, except for Orville, which will become more family friendly.

I'll take that over the Jennifer Lawrence show featuring Magneto's circular redemption story.
Shame about Deadpool though.