In terms of movies...

In terms of movies, Spider-Man is better as the standalone hero of his universe than as part of a shared universe of superheroes.

Debate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCeDv06iNtA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying Toby Spidey choosing to side with Cap and calling out Tony on his bullshit wouldn't be amazing
C'mon now user.

There are several marvel heroes that I feel would work better in their own universe. Spider-Man is for sure one of them. I also think Deadpool would work better by himself.

I agree.

Okay, fine. Not only in terms of movies, but in terms of comics as well. Save for character who were introduced through his series of course. Punisher, Frog-Man, ect.

>Deadpool
But causing other superheroes to rage and try and murder him is half his bag

I think Spider-Man works fine either way

By being part of an extended universe it explains why the fucking government isn't coming out of the woodwork the capture this clearly incredibly powerful freakazoid and capitalize on his powers

Which isn't important on a story-to-story basis, but if you're going to be doing a long term ongoing thing, is a question that probably should be addressed

he is better in his own standalone universe in comics, movies, everything.

Just like X-men

people calling him a menace doesn't make any sense with all the super heroes around

It happened anyway though.

I'm not going to debate a retard.

People call Muslims menaces despite all the Christians around.

It does when he fucks up a lot and unlike the Avengers, isn't recognized by the government.

That works for every super hero, user.

That's why Marvel movies are great. They don't share a universe that much, it's just little nodges and easter eggs thrown around, that usually don't interfere much on the story.

The only movies that actually mixed shit up were both Avengers and Civil War, which was basically Avengers 2.5. And they feel like an Avengers solo movie, if that makes sense.

I'm pretty sure if Christians were committing just as much terror attacks they would be called menaces too.

I agree maybe as a teenager just starting out, balancing his life, and struggling it makes more sense if he's solo and on it alone.

But he's older as more of a vet he can fit well I'm the bigger universe.

I don't think he's necessarily better alone, but given the massive amount of recognizable villains associated with him he can easily pull it off.

I can't. I completely agree. At most I get the Fantastic Four for Johnny, but otherwise even Lee and Ditko weren't huge about having too many heroes in Peter's world.

The thing is, Pete's villains usually feel scarier when they are essentially the worst case scenarios. Just look at Goblin and Ock and Raimi's films, how their scope felt larger than life by comparison to the world around them. Not only that, but Pete's world has so many characters and backgrounds that you don't need anything else.

Spider-Man Homecoming built itself directly on top of Civil War.
It works on it's own, I know, I just watched it and haven't seen Civil War yet, but it's really obvious with it's whole "there was this movie you totally skipped" -beginning.
Not to mention, the whole Marvel Movie world is still spinning around the New York attack.
Not saying I'm disliking that, I really liked how they propelled Vulture and crew from that, but it's still very much building things on this collective thing.

>That's why Marvel movies are great. They don't share a universe that much
You're fucking joking, right?

This. Vulture in Homecoming didn't feel as a threat to the world because if not for Peter, there are heroes that would eventually stop him once he becomes dangerous.

Relevant. Skip to 4:00 youtube.com/watch?v=KCeDv06iNtA

Name one moment in MCU that can compete with this

>That's why Marvel movies are great

don't know lad would be fun to see Deadpool kill all the MCU in Phase 6 or 7

I actually feel this way about almost all superheroes. One of the appeals of Batman comics is that his popularity allows him to exist in his own mini Bat-universe for the most part. Gotham might as well be wholly separate from the rest of DC 99% of the time.

I agree with you. Especially since the MCU was so damn quick to bring Spider-Man into the fold with Tony quickly becoming his mentor and giving him stuff. That removes a lot of the things that make Spider-man Spider-Man.

Young Peter works best with other heroes when he is being a jerk to them due to jealousy/feelings of inferiority.

Maguire would probably side with Stark.