Superman: Escape From Bizarro World

With art by Eric Powell of Goon fame

The best written Bizarro speak since the original Siegel stories.

No random "no am" here. Actual Bizarro speak.

Hiya Dave
Bizarro speak seems to be hard to grasp for a lot of writers, especially Loeb.

I like Eric Powell depiction of young Clark with his Dad. Also the other bizzaro characters are fun

Yeah, it's strange.

Bizarro just doesn't have a good grasp on grammer is all. But everyone either just adds in random "no"s or goes up to eleven with negatives.

Something I noticed lately is that they made the Fortress of Solitude into the one from the movie with all the crazy crystal tech, yet they still depict Krypton as your basic scifi setting like it was originally.

Bizarro Clark Kent is amazing

>muhtropolis

This comic has my favorite version of Bizarro. He's tragic, comical, and fucking terrifying all at the same time.

Coincidentally I was reading The Lightning Saga last night and Clark referenced the same incident of breaking Pete Ross's arm while playing football.

It's also in Secret Origin or thereabouts.

Johns drops a lot of seeds, but he takes some for the ride.

Another good one is the Bizarro story from Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant

The art looks really neat. Thanks, OP.

Red Hood has also been hitting good marks with it.

Still wanna give that a shot for my love of Artemis and Bizarro, just have to tolerate Red Hood.

Unpopular opinion but I did love the No-Homo Adventures of Jason & Roy

It's well worth it.
And Jason I think shares more of the dynamics this time around.

This is giving me feels flashbacks to Goon: Chinatown

Why does Bizarro get powers from Blue Sun, when Superman does too? Shouldn't it be opposite?

Imperfect duplicate

That's Ultraman.

Mostly just because that would be difficult to write

>Johns
Into the trash it goes

Also coincidence, I just watched The Bizarro Jerry episode of Seinfeld last night. Noticed that Bizarro Jerry actually had a Bizarro figurine on his shelf.

Pretty much everyone agrees this is one of his best stories, though it's carried mostly by Powell's art.

In Johns hate threads they always say this one is good

Oh hey, someone is storytiming my second favorite comic book ever.

That's neat.

Good taste. What's your first?

It wouldn't be Johns without some out-of-place gratuitous violence.

Multiversity

The LEGO Justice League movie with the Bizarro League was pretty damn funny as well

Not bad at all. Can't wait for Multiversity Too.

I liked the All-Star Superman version more.

Hey, Bizarro version or not, if you're a Doomsday, you kill Supermans. It's what you do.

Man these scenes with Pa are great

The Bizarro JL is so endearing

pfff
I wonder what happened on Sinestro's end after this.

Where does Bizzaro-Roy with the cat guns come from?

I think he shows up in a SCW splash page.

Supergirl arc IIRC

>Bizarro Robin wearing a diaper
Lol

Aww yeah my favorite Superman story of all time.
I often wonder how much of Eric Powell's hate for cape comics is legit, considering he worked on this.

I imagine it's not really hate for the genre as much as bitterness that they completely dominate the medium and make other genres nearly unviable

The All-Star Superman versions were funnier, but too ineffectual to be actual threats.

The Bizarro League in this story is both funny AND dangerous.

Maybe mixed with dislike for where the genre has gone in the last 20 years. DC was embracing Silver Age reconstructionism and this Action Comics run was all about that.

I think it was some issue of 00s Supergirl that had it be that there are different dialects or accents of Bizarro Talk.
At worst it was a reasonable cover-up for there being no wrong answer to how you make Bizarro talk.

Also I'm like 8 months behind on current DC.
Did Redhood and the Outlaws ever give their Bizarro some Bizarro speak? Cause I kept getting annoyed how he was just a normal talking dummy.

I think "normal talking dummy" is a good baseline.
Like, it's not ideal but it's going overboard that irks me at least.

Someone should make this in Planet Coaster

The Bizarro that has totally given up on life never fails to get me

;_;

It's great to have a Bizarro story where he gets a happy end

>that strained goodbye

It's such a perfect reversal and how Superman would probably say Hello on his end to Bizarro.

Thanks for reading

Woah, a legit Kirby insignia

I always just assumed that was because the crystal tech was self sustaining bio tech whereas on krypton they could just make regular supertech since they had the infrastructure to make it

That should be a bit in some.comic with Bizarro.
Where some guy is trying to communicate with Bizarro by using triple or quintuple negative sentences.
And Bizarro simply responds "Me am having ANY idea what this dummy is saying".

I like the little detail of Bizarro Perry White using his fire breath to light a cigar.

I will never not love the reverse of "it's a bird it's a plane".

GOD I WISH JUST ONCE IT WAS USED AGAIN.

Thanks for story timing Texas user.

I'd hate to be a beggar, but since this storytime was so short would you be willing to add on the Action Comics one shot from N52 where Superman goes to Bizarro World.
It was the one with the Bill n Ted Excellent Adventure variant, but I can't recall the exact number.

Oh yeah, Braniac-5 just got cast on Supergirl: Jessie Rath (last seen on CW's No Tomorrow)

LEGIT FUCKING QUESTION.
Would you a Bizarro Lois?

I'm never one to deny a request.

Even if the CW shows are not the best, I'd love a LoSH show to help increase interest in them