Why is Disney purposefully letting Gargoyles die? It's one of their best and highly regarded series...

Why is Disney purposefully letting Gargoyles die? It's one of their best and highly regarded series, but yet they try to act like it never existed. What gives?

I want to fuck Brooklyn and Lexington.

Me too buddy, but that's not what this thread is about.

Maybe if we talk about having sex with them long enough Disney will bring it back.

Well OP, you asked an imeaditly reciviced an answer. They won't bring back Gargoyles because the main audience has daydreams about gagging on Goliath's big purple dick.

how will the latest fox deal affect this series

fuck off steve

Probably not at all unfoutruanly. I'm sure Disney would rather hand Gargoyles off to Marvel rather than Fox, and if they did plan to do that they would have done it already.

Any news on the 2020 live action / cgi Marvel movie rumors?

Said deal isn't happening

Are you sure want this user? Its like monkey-paw every time we wish for something we love to return it comes back as cruel mockery of itself.
Like Teen Titans now i just want my beloved series to stay dead.

This is NOTHING compared to how Disney has treated its very best cartoon, W.I.T.C.H.

Seriously, I have a feeling not a single person working there actually remembers it exists, including anyone involved with the comics.

>very best cartoon
>w.i.t.c.h

You're right, I do feel kinda disgusted now.

I should have said, best cartoon ever made.

>GargoylesGo
The worst part is that a little bit of me wants it

>not wanting Broadway too
Into the trash you go

Bump

thats disgusting

>Hudson is now fucking Torbjorn
>Brooklyn looks like a ponce, prepy kid (why does he have a fucking horn?)
>Lexington is a fucking spaz. (I hate this the most. He looks so annoying in this)
>Goliath is still cool
>Demona looks like a radfem fashionista
>Broadway looks mean (which is just wrong he's the soft soul of the group)

Oh user it that ba-

>Teen Titans Go
>Powerpuff Girls 2016
>Samurai Jack
>Ben 10 2016

Well at least we still have DuckTales...

Is that Brooklyn a Transgender?

Samurai Jack was fine.

Gargoyles only existed for one reason. To compete with Batman and X-men in the 90s, since Disney had no properties to make money off adolescent boys with

This is no longer an issue

The last 3 episodes had REALLY Shit pacing tho

Last 7 episodes, you fucking moron.
Also, the new DuckTales is shit.

If its made by fans with very little studio interference

Personally, I'd like to see a reboot(but still keeping key VAs like Keith david) that stays a bit more grounded to the "Gargoyles in New York" premise without veering of into the supernatural on a regular basis. supernatural elements would still be there; its not gargoyles without it, but keep it more vague and don't become dominated by it.

The thing is, most people just want a Greg Weisman handled continuation, with no compromise. That isn't going to happen at this point, and sadly people won't support anything else.

Disney wants to avoid anything cool and mature it ever did. Hell they had that alien attack thing and closed it for fucking stitch. They are pussies scared of pissing off soccer moms.

>its 2017 in Manhattan
>Elisa is near retirement
>Goliath is basically the same but with older facial features
>Brooklyn is now grown up an the acting leader
>Angela and Broadway have kids
>Lexington is adult and dating Alexander
>Xanatos is old and salty about having to die
>Hudson has passed away or is very close to
>Demona is still hot
>Shenanigans and Problems ensue

Disney please

I want to hold their hands after they've been R63'd.
Imagne it

That's retarded. Literally every disney character has someone that wants to fuck them

But not the main audience. I'd be willing to be the majority of Gargoyles fans today also salviatate at the thought of Demona's pussy or Brooklyn's balls.

Pretty sure you'd lose that bet and besides who cares. The idea of rebooting it would be to get new fans along with the old ones.

Lex in one arm, Brentwood in the other.

Bet*

Why were they so cute?

idk ask the dave the barbarian staff

Appealing to the girl audience

this, the gargoyles and the city are enough,

I think you would have to replace broadway's voice actor though, no one will take it seriously with the voice of patrick

>Goliath is basically the same but with older facial features
>Brooklyn is now grown up an the acting leader
>Angela and Broadway have kids
>Lexington is adult and dating Alexander
>Hudson has passed away or is very close to
Gargoyles age at half the rates humans do.
For them they've only aged at most a decade while Eli and Xan have aged 20.

>It's one of their best and highly regarded series
Yeah, because they dropped it when it was good and not after it has slowly declined over years. Just enjoy it for what it is.

how many people on this thread are under 24?

....?
Quit playin', user. You're not being funny.

I'm not kidding. And it's not nostalgia either, I saw it just over a month ago for the very first time and was blown away. Utterly dumbfounded. Stunned.

This, Disney knows the moment they lose their family friendly vibe the theme park ticket sales go down and people stop bringing their genetic shits to watch faggots sing and dance.

>"If you make nothing but stuff for kids, you're dead[financially]"
~ Walter Elias Disney.
Soccer moms need to learn to do what they weren't good at to begin with.

One of the big problems of more "adultish" action shows like Gargoyles will most likely be how to make it make more money through merchandise.
In the end, it has to somehow either make awesome ratings, or awesome toy sales.
I guess the action show segments for the Disney corporate empire in this era is the Marvel superhero brands and the Star Wars franchise. That's where people get sometimes killed and awesome stuff happens.

It would be nice if there were some new original action show made by the Mouse, though.

would they eve sell the franchise off?

Season 3 was a dumpster fire that didn't even involve the original creator. That's why it was cancelled. Regardless, they probably feel like Weisman is more valuable working on Star Wars cartoons than reviving his brainchild.

Gargoyles had plenty of toys

Huh, and if I recall Greg Weisman was involved in Both-

>Spectacular Spider-Man

Oh, shit, I think Disney just hates Weisman.

the reason it took robot chicken so long to do a gargoyles parody is because they coulnd't find any toys.

The only toys are the ones that had fuck all to do with their series.

19. OP too.

He stopped working on Star Wars a long time ago. He's on season three of Young Justice right now.

What would making love with a gargoyle feel like?

Fucking wet cement.

bump

Is their really any point of bumping this thread anymore? I think its dead.

>they make a gargoyles movie
>it's all quips and any dramatic moment is interrupted by a joke

>they make a Gargoyles movie
>the trio get no screen time outside of comedy and the final fight
>Hudson gets no lines
>It doesn't have an Elisa and Goliath sex scene
>Demona is no longer a skimpily dressed
>Xanatos is bad because "muh capitalism" instead of his original reasons
>Its aimed at the kiddies instead of the people who watched it as kids

We should consider ourselves fortunate not to live in that timeline.

Reminder that there were discussions of a Gargoyles movie several years ago intended to be Disney's attempt at getting the Twilight market.

because gargoyles (according to weisman) was originally eisner's attempt at getting his own marvel universe to play with. why bother now that they own marvel?

yeah I just wanted to see if this show was been discovered by people who didn't grow up with it.

what would it take for disney to sell the franchise?

Did you see how edgy the pirates series got?

anyway gargoyles really shouldn't belong to disney, if there was any other corparation that should own them, who should it be?

I think Warner Brothers or dreamworks

meant to reply to

If they awoke in 2017, how would they do an internet episode without it been cringy?

Brooklyn desperately seeks out the hot single women in his location, but to his avail, he can't find them.

there would definatly be humans into gargoyles, so he wouldn't have a problem?