Disney Reportedly in Talks to Purchase 21st Century Fox

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/06/disney-buys-21st-century-fox/

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't wait til Disney is the only media company.

Based Disney

I betcha by 2036 Disney’ll buy the whole damn country and rename it the United States of Disneyland, ushering in the age of Cyberpunk. They’ve Already made the U.S. legal system their bitch.

me neither I hope it's soon

Well it looks like they found a Thanos replacement

Wtf I love Disney's Simpsons now.

Why exactly are there several people acting like this is a good thing?

look outside of Sup Forums literally EVERYONE knows this is a good thing

How is it a good thing though?

My Kingdom for a good Doom representation in film.

Muh movie rights

We need to stop them before they buy every company ever.

>ushering in the age of Cyberpunk
user...

>FF in a good movie
>Doom, Galactus, and Surfer in the MCU

That alone is enough.

If this means that marvel will get back the rights to the xmen and that capcom will be allowed to make an update to mvc i that adds them then, all hail emperor mouse for me!

>having hope any of that will pan out for the better

kek, they've been trying to do that to Anaheim for 30 years, but nope

Gee I wonder

I wonder how Disney would handle Deadpool

>I can't say that anymore since the Mouse bought my movie rights back

The interesting thing is that if they aren't afraid of Deadpool contaminating their toy sales they can probably retcon his movie into the MCU. Potentially the same with the upcoming NM movie

>Disney buy Fox
>then get full rights of F4 & X-Men
>Marvel can use F4 & doesn't treat X-Men like shit anymore & can use both of them in other media
Go for it mouse!

>comic book autists don't realize this has far bigger ramifications than their precious movies

Monopolies are not a good thing.

Disney frankly has far too much influence over government and the law as it is. Of course, this is also why they can consider buying up this much: they have too much weight to throw around for the government to question them. Case in point the extension on trademarks and IP for the mouse ears every decade or so.

this, disney is reaching monopoly levels
they already dominated and transformed the media world by extending the copy right limits to absurd lengths just to protect steam boat willie from ever going into public domain.

Is Fox News related to Fox Studios? If so I hope this happens so the liberal kikes at Disney will take that cancerous channel off the air.

>monopolies are a good thing as long my comic book heroes get to be on more shitty live action movies with nothing but quip after quip

They were in talks, but not anymore. bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

>Fox won't give up X men
>Disney buys Fox instead
I gotta say, this cut throat style ia very appealing

He wasn't really changed that much when he was in that USM cartoon so i doubt they'd go overboard on him.

I don't want this to happen because they will probably cancel Legion and New Mutants which are the only superhero products I'm excited for right now. Deadpool will probably get away with it but anything else is dead. As for the X-men and FF themselves they'd just make more of the same forgettable middle of the road team movies.

RIP

>New Mutants
Cannonball isn't allowed back in the US after his meth possession. Good luck with season 2 of New Mutants.

New Mutants isn't a show. Not sure how they'll go about Stranger Things 3.
I'm sure he can pay a massive fine and be allowed back in the US

1. It's the guy who plays Speedball for New Warriors that won't be allowed back into the US.
2. New Mutants is the movie New Warriors is the tv show.

Charlie Heaton? He is Cannonball.

nothing stays dead

thank god

I thought they fell through.on the deal.

Still, for the brief hours today, this was kind of unreal to think about. The MCU would be flooded with mutants and Fantastic Four stuff that it would start to look a little unwieldy. Like, I feel like every MCU film going forward would have another mutant or X-Man cameo.

Also would be weird to think of the Kingsman under Disney.

For the past two years, I've been speculating on which of the big 6 Movie Studios would fail first (Disney, Universal, FOX, Sony, Paramount and WB), and I pinned it on Sony and Paramount, mainly because Sony was failing all over and Paramount's only major franchise is Transformers. But FOX almost being bought out? That blind sided me.

Just like there were totally no plans to get Spider-Man in the MCU. The reaction to this news has been pretty positive sadly because retards can't think further than MUH MOVIE RIGHTS.

I kind of want something extreme and weird to happen. Like, what happens when FOX is booted from the picture?

They will milk the mutant cash cow obviously. Just look at how hard they tried to replicate it with the Inhumans.

Fuck I just want Fox to hand over the F4 and their villain and cosmic stuff, they can keep the X-men.

I dont give a fuck about the movies, or their rights, except for the fact that getting F4 and X-Men rights back under Disney would end Ike's shitting on both COMICS properties out of spite that he couldn't capitalize on the financial success of the films as long as they were produced by Fox.

I'd say "without the F4 most that shit would fit poorly and barely resemble their comic counterpart" but then I remembered it's an MCU movie, so that goes without saying already.

I really just hope Disney kills the X-Men entirely.

Inhumans makes them so superfluous.

Who's your favorite Inhuman from the current books?

Hi Ike

Ike, please.

And if you're even serious, plans for Inhomos would be dead on the water when Mahvel gets X given to them.

If this means we get Doom, I'll take it.

Remember when Disney tried to buy Dias de los Muertos holiday name? I know its constantly talked about but it'll honestly never get old.

Disney tried to buy and trademark an entire holiday. A bunch of executives literally went on a meeting one day and unironically went "Do you think we can buy that silly little Mexican holiday title? It's not as big as Christmas or Halloween so we could probably get away with it right?". The amount of balls this company is amazing, and the best part is if it weren't for the immense backlash, they probably could've gotten away with it.

I hope Disney kills them both. They’re both shit,

Is Sup Forums really dumb enough to think Fox would sell xmen/ff if they are confident enough to release 3 movies next year?

Dunno, are you that dumb enough to not see that this isn't Fox being bought over just some Mahvel propierties, but A LOT of stuff, including Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, a shitload of movies, channels like Nat Geo alongside a load of stuff.

This is not company wars we're talking about, this is ECONOMY WARS, something your plebian Sup Forums mind wouldn't get.

do people really like the thought of disney owning more shit? their reach is honestly fucking terrifying at this point

Lol. Now that it's out there with the stock prices soaring, it's not gonna happen.

I'd be concerned if it was a distribution system or something.

But there's nothing they're buying from Fox that they couldn't feasibly create themselves, so it worries me less. Nothing is really STOPPING Disney from getting into adult animation: it's just more convenient to buy it.

Yes, please, this.

>disney ushers in cyberpunk

this is bait

This.

Why in the fuck would Disney change even one thing about Deadpool?

He'll be maybe slightly toned down at worst.

> Ywn be bought by Disney.

JDIMSA

The MCU has never said the word fuck

>muh netflix

You can't relegate Deadpool to the children's table after the character proved he could carry a solo film

because people are unironically ironic faggots

(((DISNEY)))
Yes, schlomo, feed me more.

what a horrible time to be alive

On one hand we get F4. On the other we lose Deadpool.

people are sick of stupid fools and want to watch everything crumbles

Yep. This and every other Hollywood person getting accused of sexual harassment is very entertaining.

I support whatever makes F4 comics happen again, whatever makes X-men comics great again.

>Wanting more concentration of media ownership
Short sighted children why am I not surprised...

THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!

It was only within the context of financial and creative ventures within the United States. No one but chollos cared.

Get back the xmen, the fantastic 4 and the rights to distribute the original 6 star wars movies.

You can fix this if you round up their lawyers and push them out of an airplane at 20,000 feet with no parachute.

Would they shoot the lawyers first?

I'm not that worried. In the end, Disney will be like a balloon that pops after too much air is pumped into it.

>Boba Fett vs. Alien vs. Predator will officially happen within your lifetime.

I don't consider those copyright extensions legally valid btw. As far as I'm concerned, it's 50 years and that's it.

So would this include The Simpsons, or does that belong to the broadcast network?

And realistically, copyright terms should be 40 years max.

Unfortunately, the law isn't based around how you feel.

This

This is the guy who would have helped turn Jews over to the SS in Germany in 1941 because the law said he had to.

No one is talking about company wars. I'm talking about logic.

You would have too. Accept and kill the monster inside of you if you wish to fight those outside.

You actually think Disney is gonna buy Time Warner someday?

What?

"The [Fugitive Slave Act] was passed by a civilized country in the nineteenth century. I will not obey it."

We've had several of these retarded threads earlier because everyone in Sup Forums is a fucking idiot incapable of looking up current news

Talks have stopped, the deal was never likely to go through in the first place and before a retard claims that that isn't evidence that a deal won't happen, shit like this happens all the time, Apple even considered a buyout at one point. It's usually a ploy to artificially pump up stock.

All media is Disney and all restaurants are Taco Bell. Be well.

They'll just call it Disneyland and force everyone to wear costumes in public.

Cape movies are hot and they're using the one property with a decent rep that they have to capitalize on the market. That's how these businesses are run.

That's my fetish

Pros:
>Possible return of Reed n Sue
>X-Men will once again be put into prominence
>Marvel movies, for the most part, are at least entertaining.

Cons:
>It's Marvel.

X-men

>disney x-men movies
it would be shit.
since its a team based movie disney will go for the basic plot for every super hero team movie
>team is created with members from all walk of life
>members don't like eachother and infighting starts
>villain attacks
>team can't cooperate and villain wins
>team learns from their defeat and puts aside their differences
>2nd fight
>team wins through team work

pretty sure one of the x-men prequels even did that plot.
now turn the minority message to the max. FOX x-men did this but it was subtle and worked with the gritty aesthetic they had, now imagine it with a bunch of dumb quips and jokes.
there is going to be an obligatory line like
>why do they hate us
>humans fear what they don't know

we've only had to successful gritty cape franchises, batman and xmen, everything else DC has been try to stick has failed. why would you want one of those franchises to die and be made into the generic MCU?

Mousepunk