Why does Spider-Man have it so tough? Is his popularity a curse...

Why does Spider-Man have it so tough? Is his popularity a curse? For the most beloved and popular super hero of all time, he sure seems to get dicked around with all kinds of less than good media including some of his comics, with no good movies and mediocre at best cartoons

Is Parker luck a real force in the real universe?

Spider-man's appeal comes from the fact he is relatable and down to earth. But because he's popular, he can't settle for that. He needs to sell merch, and be an undying mascot figure, never to grow.

The higher-ups at Marvel are convinced of two things: Peter Parker needs to stay young no matter what, and Peter Parker is at his best when he's the underdog and life is shitting on him.

Because of this, Marvel believe that Peter needs to be a barely-functioning manchild loser who is incapable of maturing, growing, or finding any success in his life, who's supporting cast more-or-less openly dislike him and talk shit about him, and who constantly blames his own stupidity and bad decision-making on Parker luck.

And no, removing Dan Slott will not fix this. Slott has made a lot of stupid and shitty decisions that've ruined Spider-Man over the past few years, but ultimately the editorial and higher-ups were all okay with his decisions and had to approve them before he actually put it to paper. The problem at Marvel is systemic and would probably require a whole-sale priority shift or mass firing for anything significant to change.

Cause I want to see that little twink have a miserable existence.

But noting bad ever happens to Spider-baby? He gets a free ride.

This. The fact is despite Peter's mantra being responsibility, Marvel somehow goes overboard with Parker Luck to the point where Peter fucks himself over because of his own stupidity. People want Spider-MAN, not an insufferable fuck who still acts like he's 14. Married, having a good job, but still a complete dork who can't help but crack a lame joke. That's what people wanted. Shitting on Peter is just cheap drama, and he seldom learns from these experiences anymore

His gift is his curse.Who is he? Spider-Man.

>Orphaned at a young age.
>Molested at nine
>Bullied all through school
>Caused the death of his father figure
>Had no friends
>Everyone hates him because of the Bugle
>Heroes hate him because he's on edge
>Not even the X-Men like him.
>Mother figure is dying of terminal illness
>Has to spend his childhood taking up jobs just to pay for her medication and the bills
>All this while crime fighting and juggling grades
>Didn't get laid till it was from the most bitchy person in his college
>Fell in love with her
>Gets cheated on by her
>Accidentally kills her not knowing the whore that she was
>Becomes tormented by a billionaire psychopath
>Essentially gets raped by an alien
>That alien becomes super clingy and tries to kill everyone he loves just for dumping it
>His first daughter was murdered by the jackass who killed his first love
>Tricked into accidentally erasing his second daughter from existence.
>Now spends the rest of his days empty and alone because of the deal with Mephisto, but doesn't know why he's sad all the time because of his memory being fucked with.
Yep, free ride.

He suffers from the same curse afflicting Batman and the X-men: cursed to relive slight variations the same several stories over and over again in any given media. And if they try to break free of the curse, the fans riot.

>Norman didn't kill the first baby- it either died on its own or was stolen by Alison Mongrain
>There was no second daughter
>That was fucking Mephisto
>That story sucks enough without your headcanon

From what I read, Renew Your Vows has been a pretty good adult Peter. He's fairly competent, he's matured a great deal, and it's enjoyable to read a version of Pete that's allowed to grow up and move on the way his creators intended.

>Norman didn't kill the first baby- it either died on its own or was stolen by Alison Mongrain
No, it's specifically implied that Norman was the one to kill her with the story afterwards involving Aunt May
>There was no second daughter
Yes there was, she just wasn't born yet.
>That was fucking Mephisto
And?
>That story sucks enough without your headcanon
Spider-Man/Deadpool we actually see Peter suffering because there's still some sort of lingering feelings from his marriage or something. He just constantly tries to cover it up.

Well say goodbye to that shit thanks to the awkward time skip and the writer change. RYVs feels like Marvel hates publishing it

>RYVs feels like Marvel hates publishing it
They were literally trying to convince people they didn't want the marriage to come back with the Secret Wars story. It only proved the contrary.

>No good movies and mediocre at best cartoons
Fuck off.

Peter Parker could just be on Sup Forums right now

>Even through all of that
>ALL of it
>Peter still manages to be hands down best boy

How does he do it, Sup Forums? Just what is it about this webheadded nerd that makes him so great, so appealing?

Because we actually got to see him grow up with constant status quo changes like a normal person would. Post-OMD isn't canon to me.

I prefer to think that Eddie is best boy

Batman is more popular, his comic sell 3 times more plus far more cartoon series, live action series, movies and arkham games outshine any Spider-Man game

He had tons of memorable comic runs, but that aside
>some of the best Sup Forums vydia
>at least one top 10 ever cape movie
>at least 2 decent cartoons
I dunno OP, that's better than most characters not named Batman.

Parker! It's the cat's fault! The cat hates you and she's making your life hell! But don't worry Parker, we are going to go after her and break both her legs!

>Amazing Spider-Man performing at its absolute worst in over 5 years. Marvel shocked that nobody wants to buy a series that consists mostly of the author directly insulting old-time fans and readers.
>Miles Morales' series selling like shit, literally the only Spider-series it is outperforming is Scarlet Spider
>RYV keeps selling fairly well despite Marvel's attempts to torpedo it
The ABSOLUTE STATE of Marvel.

>Eddie at his best is actually a pretty cool dude apart from his insanity

I love it when they do this
Always makes me all tingly

Wtf I don't get it

spidey's written as an idiot

>It was me, Parker!

Marvel hates its popular characters and will do anything to ruin them

Is there any other highly successful character that has had as many out-right terrible runs as Spider-Man?

>The Clone Saga
>Sins Past
>One More Day

Really the only truly great Spidey run that I can think of is Kravens Last Hunt.

>Miles Morales' series selling like shit, literally the only Spider-series it is outperforming is Scarlet Spider

Actually, He is selling more than peter parker this week.

Spidey isn't protected, it's that simple. Other characters and groups are protected and treated like a big deal. Spidey is treated like an annoying little brother even by the most rookie or superheroes.

I mean fucking Nadia Pym was disrespecting him. That little bitch is like 15, been a superhero for a cup of coffee and is allowed to give shit to Spidey.

Same goes for Sam Wilson, Jane Foster, RiRi etc they just put spidey in the book because they know it'll sell and so he can be goof while they do cool stuff.

Hell he was kidnapped by the FF for how long? Forced into that shitty book to play back up for the fucking Richards kids.

How Marvel has treated Pete is a shame. There's no reason why he's not doing Batman numbers other than Marvel shackling him.

>being Spider-man is suffering

This is correct

Bunch of men with refined taste in this thread.

Quick Question: How good of a photographer is Peter usually? I mean, does he ever try to do more "artsy" and "human" stuff like what he did in Spider-Man 2? Or is it always more about the subject matter than the way he shoots his pictures?

The Symbiote guys are actually pretty cool, I gotta say.
Does anyone have that comic where Carnage sacrifices himself and makes Peter promise to honor his memory by hanging a confederate flag somewhere?

This, OP confirmed for company wars faggot.
Save your energy to defend JUSTice League.