Remember when Whedon used to be good?

Remember when Whedon used to be good?

Lip Crust Man was never good.

What does Sup Forums think of firefly?

Can you guess out the stuff he wrote?

I liked it and prefer human-only sci fi. Serenity sucked though.

It's a mediocre live-action retelling of Outlaw Star (with more than a dash of Cowboy Bebop).

Overrated

I still say AoU wasn't as bad as people say and only needed a directer's cut to be pretty great.

yea all my friends overhyped it for me. To this day idk if the reason why i didnt care for it was because it was overhyped or because it was truly meh

It got boring very quickly. The formula for each episode and the lack of any real development of plot/characters was pretty stale. Also, having powerful children as mcguffins never works.

Don't worry, I won't.

"You're mocking me aren't you" felt like a Whedon esc. line.

Not that it's bad, the timing and the whole part in general was great. Whedon's quipy/meta style works wonders in small increments, it's when he decide to make the entire episode/film like that it becomes grating.

A long time ago, yeah.

I liked Angel, but I think Greenwalt did more of it, didn't he?

it's okay

it's more notable as an example of fan crowdsourcing of sorts rather than on it's own merits

that and incredibly racist casting

Farscape superior

He was never good.

Nope.

Oh, you feel sense that DC Fanboi butthurt from miles away.

I didn't like it very much but, if I'm going to watch sci-fi, I want it to actually *be* sci-fi. Stories about body horror, ethics, and a world adapting to or shaped by future technologies. Firefly is just normies in space doing normie things.

Remember when Sup Forums stayed in Sup Forums?

Liked and shared.

The Brownshirts really, really need to fucking let it go. It wasn't nearly so good as to inspire the levels of obsession that it did

No, actually I don't

back when he had a wife to cheat on? yeah

It really was.

I feel like he tries too hard to have Archer level banter during inappropriate situations but the thing is it just ends up not being funny since it diverges from the source material too much

Buffy and Angel were good/ok. That's about it

Not nearly as good as Outlaw Star.

I like it but space westerns are unironically my favourite genre so I'd like it regardless

a pretty decent Cowboy Bebop ripoff

Oh fuck.

I think I wanna bang that cat girl.

>casting couch tactics

He never was good

Was he always an egg?

Better bring your paycheck Lunch moneys

He's still okay and fine. But what some people in Hollywood don't get is you need to say, "We're in an 'Open Relationship." Then you can just fuck lots of different people and others will say, "Oh, that couple is so progressive and enlightened, with their Open Relationship!" You have to be okay with your spouse fucking other people too though, this is key. But still never fuck anyone who works for you that is always a retarded and terrible idea just don't do it.

What's the difference between inspiration and ripping off?

Overrated shit. I hate how its based in the most boring of sci fi settings by being in a colonial earth civilization with no aliens, and all the characters are cringey retards. Its like cowboy bebop without everything that made bebop interesting.

I only watched the first episode. The captain was a white knight. Dropped.

Whedon was always a hack.

Inspiration usually is taking what you saw in other genres and media and injecting it into your work (Star Wars was inspired by old wild west shows, air dog fights and Flash Gordon)
ripping off is when you are taking scenes, moments and what not and injecting them directly into your work. ( Disney's Atlantis and Nadia)

The Cabin in the Woods was ok but I don't like his style. The plot serves only one purpose: character jerking. It's fan fiction to his own stories.
A bad movie that everyone loves is Avangers. There are no stakes and the reasons why the good guys fight are artificial.
>But it's funny

There are like 3 good jokes in the whole movie and they get boring fast. The rest is toothless banter.

No, I thought Buffy was trite.

It was, but some of the early episodes were at least decent deconstructionist concepts

He helped a loli, he had his priorities right

>the reasons why the good guys fight are artificial
An alien invasion isn't enough?

>decent deconstructionist concepts

Does your ass keep your head warm?

I’d argue that The Avengers is one of Whedon’s few actually good stories. A rare Marlel film with a memorable antagonist in Loki, and a film that manages to weave a variety of different character stories, genres, and concepts into one cohesive team unit. Considering all the expectations on it the Avengers was a damn fine screenplay with some of the most mediocre directing this side of sitcom television.

>The Cabin in the Woods

"Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics."

Reminder that his shows are the reason TV Tropes exists.

He was important at the time. He established a lot of modern genre storytelling tropes and added a level of self-awareness into genre stories that they desperately needed.

But it's clear that he's got nothing left to say. He should jut retire at this point, there's no way his Batgirl movie won't be fucking terrible. What was hip and new in the mid-90's now comes off as dated and lame, and the Thinkpiece Police have already shredded his early works ass being "problematic" and washed their hands of him.

He's done as an artist.

You’re giving whedon too much credit.

Sorta. He's always been best in small doses, he's just over exposed now.

I miss pre-GoT Sup Forums

I perfer Star Trek

It had great potential.
Fans let their imagination run wild on what could have been, which is why they will not let it go.