Was Hank right?

Was Hank right?

Absolutely. You want a well done steak, just eat some papertowels.

I don't care for steak

If you think he wasn't you can go and eat an undercooked chicken.

yes

>Proceeds to like Kahn's really well done hamburgers
Nope

Also charcoal is better.

Yes

Of course he's right, asking for meat to be fucking gray in the center is basically asking for a slightly meat-flavored cracker to use as a vessel for fucking Worcestershire sauce.

I don't either,

But well done steak is the worst

Real men have their steaks done rare.

But what if I like Medium Well?

I only eat well done steaks, with ketchup on the side.

>cold center
Yeah no, medium rare is where it's fucking at.

yes, if you are a cro-magnon

Hamburgers don't work like steaks
You need to have them cooked well done, as during the grinding process, the inside meat is exposed to airborne bacteria, making it necessary to cook them well done without getting sick. Steaks on the other hand only have the outside exposed, making that the only thing that needs to be cooked.
You're right about charcoal though.

What an asshole.
Judging someone based on how they want their food.

I dip bread in ranch. Does that make me a horrible fucking person?
Fuck you.

>I dip bread in ranch. Does that make me a horrible fucking person?
Yes. Yes it does.

trump don't you have tweets to post?

Yes. Medium rare is the best way to eat all meat. Webm related, perfect medium rare cooking.

I don't trust anyone that unironically likes their steak well done or worse

with ketchup

>Hamburgers don't work like steaks
>You need to have them cooked well done

You're a goddamn lunatic. You order the burger medium-rare like a goddamn American.

>dipping bread in ranch
youre a real sick son of a bitch

>friend of mine is all about the bloody meat
>once when we went to Red Robins he ordered his BURGER bleu
>later that evening proceeds to shit out his skeleton

Oh how we laughed.

A goddamn American knows how to cook his meats, user.
Get out of my country

Guess how president trump likes his steak.

If I overcook a steak by accident I won't get upset and still enjoy it. But at that point I'd really like some fries to go with the juice or something. That being said you have to be pretty lazy like me to fuck it up and it's better if you don't.

burning =/= cooking

the choices for burger are medium and medium rare, depending on the quality of the food/chef.

I don't know, I like when the outside's a little crispy.

Sorry you don't know what properly cooked meat looks like.

>Chicken
Shit nigga ya gon die

>this thread

Could be worse; could be pork.

How about you use your ranch for the actual meal?

The burger was fine but that's fucking disgusting

Charcoal will always be king for burgers and hot dogs because it adds a smokey signature to the taste, but steaks are always best on propane because a steak should stand alone in its flavor. The wild card is chicken, because the levels of preparation vary too much to make a blanket statement about what is "best" in that regard.

You must be a coastal wackjob or something, because a burger should never be served fully well done. If you stepped into actual burger country and ordered that shit, you'd be crucified.

the burger was not fine
it was not fine at all

Ja/ck/ thread?

Cooking food to medium rare kills the bacteria. It's only rare that's a problem

Truly /myguy/

delish

Why the hell would you want to eat something that leaks like that?

Bitch I'm from the Midwest, get the fuck out

He's a man of no taste

You know what's tastier than medium rare steak?
Pineapple on pizza

No. I'm not derailing another thread with /ck/ webms.

>the guy who literally plates his toilet in gold has no taste

I'm shocked

No, it makes you an American that lives in a flyover state.

>he doesn't have a gold-plated toilet
What are you, a peasant?

I'm a man that has to respectfully disagree.
But the kid in me wants some pineapple pizza.

>rare
>not eating the meat raw and freshly ripped out of the beast by your bare hands
>calling yourself a man.

jesus christ look at that blood gushing out. thats undercooked, you goddamn animal.
humans are meant to eat cooked meat, not raw still bleeding meat

Then I'm afraid you have a mental illness and should consider voluntary institutionalization and shock therapy to ease you into an existence of not being so hilariously and categorically wrong in all aspects of life that matter.

I like my steak rare, my father likes his well-done

family get-togethers get a bit tense.

>This fucker calling out a literal Burgerlandian for having burgers the way they should be

>he's going to add water or stock, right?
>RIGHT?

>not shooting your steaks with a Cold Gun before consumption

Dude I'm from the midwest too; you're still a neanderthal for eating your meat well done.

Doesn't it seem rather prissy to be so picky over that?
Rare or charred

Simple

Yes, anything past medium at the very most is no longer edible, well done is basically a hockey puck on a plate.

>get's to go to japan AND is rich as hell.
>eats a cheeseburger.

There's so much good food in japan and he- uhg!

I had the idea to tell a small group of people that if I ever order exactly this then I am being blackmailed/threatened and to come save me.

Home boy, my family has been in America a lot longer than yours, I can guarantee it. Slapping cow parts on metal and putting a fire below it is in my blood. And I am telling you, you eat meat like a fucking New Yorker and should be ashamed of the entire lack of dignity behind such a thing.

>that complete and utter disregard for the mirepoix

That meat shit never triggered me but this rustles jimmies I didn't even know I had.

Jack is a treasure.

Haha yes ur a faggot

no way I'm the only one who has thoroughly convinced himself this guy is a fucking autist.

I disagree because not all ground beef is created equal.

If you grind it yourself, on site, and don't get it from the store ground, then you're probably ok doing medium or medium rare with a burger.

However. It is not uncommon here to see burgers come pre-ground and sometimes even formed into patties. I strongly discourage using frozen beef or patties.

Sometimes when you make a burger though you make due with what you have.
I'm curious where you're from though.

>my family has been in America a lot longer than yours
Where the fuck are you even pulling that assumption from?

KC native and cook here

It's common practice in homes for burgers to be cooked medium rare and the best burger joints, dives, and restaurants will almost always ask you how you want it done excluding a few simply because the way they prepare it just doesn't make sense I.e smashed burgers or they are franchised outside of burger land and their company policy simply doesn't allow it

>KC native
Not that user, but same. I want to die.

Don't knock it 'til you try it, niggersluts.
Especially with toasted sourdough.

I love /cock/ threads.

Hey, guess what
I'm Navajo

I'm so sorry

Yeah, the nation sucks ass and I don't get any real benefits.

Yes.

If you like it past medium, you may as well take a hot shit on it, at least you'd get some flavor out of the experience.

>Especially with toasted sourdough.
toasted bread isn't bread. its toast.

Anecdote time.

I once cooked two steaks of the same cut from the same damn cow. One well, one medium rare.

The medium rare was tougher and less juicy and less flavor.

Just some personal experience.

Only if the burger is ground in-house. Then its a matter of trusting your chef to properly sanitize his tools. But factory ground beef needs to be cooked well done for safety reasons. You can't trust those fucks to not contaminate shit.

Oh shit. I studied you in social studies.

>The medium rare was tougher and less juicy and less flavor.
either you mixed up the steaks or you're a liar.

The kind of person who gets bent out of shape over how a totally different person wants to eat their food tends to be the sort of person who has severe mental issues or is just a general pompous, pretentious shithead
Mind your own fucking business, faggot

Well in fairness, bacteria only lives on the surface of the meat, and in this case, the surface is evenly distributed though-out the beef and can sit in the packaging for long enough for the bacteria to propagate throughout.

Again, it's less trusting them and more just the nature of ground beef that you don't grind yourself. Which, if I'm being honest, is what category I fall into. I don't have a grinder and ground beef that's been ground in the deli tends to be cheaper.

>The medium rare was tougher
That is literally fucking impossible.

You're either a god damned liar, or you cooked your steak under the influence of some really good shit, or some really bad shit.

I don't know what to tell you.
Maybe there was more gristle. Maybe it was a fluke. Could be hot and cold spots on the grill. was using charcoal afterall.

But I HAVE done steak well done before that was pretty good and had zero toughness. Practically melted in my mouth, ya know?

Mr. Trump, what time is it over there in Tokyo? Don't you have more important things to do on your asian trip than retaliate against people laughing at your well done, ketchup-soaked bullshit?

>Practically melted in my mouth, ya know?
you either don't know what well done is or its your meat. from what I've heard only Wagyu style beef that would "melt in your mouth"

Yeah he has twitter wars to get into

>complete sentence with proper English
>Trump
I think you're mistaken, friend

>Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

I know nothing about cooking steaks, if I went to an american restaurant and the guy asked me how I'd like them done, how should I reply?
I just know everyone hates well done apparently.

Probably the beef. It's pretty local stuff. Usually when it turns out good (most of the time from where I get it) it's because the beef is pretty good. Been happy with it lately. Get it for fairly cheap.

Reminds me of another SEVERELY LONG STORY involving New York strip that I overdid.

No, this isn't one of those "I have a different opinion" situations, it is physically impossible for well done medium rare steak to be tougher than well done steak.

if you don't have an opinion just go by the chefs recommendation.

I prefer my steak medium/medium well
I do that because when I was a kid, I ordered a medium rare steak at some podunk ass steakhouse and the shit was cold in the middle. I was too scared to ask for it to be cooked more so I ate the warm bits only

Is it a nice restaurant? Then either rare or medium-rare if you want your meat a little more cooked. more than that is a waste of meat.

Talk about rent-free.

Well done is cooked to the point of carbonation (black dusty shit on your meat), rare is undercooked so that the center is red. People say medium rare is best because it's the point where the meat is cooked well but retains the juicy pinkish-red center