What is Flashpoint and why is it so popular?

What is Flashpoint and why is it so popular?

>What is Flashpoint
A crappy dystopia alternate reality story starring the Flash and Batman's dad.

>why is it so popular?
It was written by one of DC's top creatives/executives, so it keeps getting adaptations in any medium they can find for it. Basic Forced Meme.

>why is it so popular?

It's not.

It's a recent, relatively self-contained Flash story that focuses on Batman.

It's just a recent event that is heavily marketed.

If it was Crisis of Infinite Earths, 2010 version then that would be popular instead.

The premise was mildly entertaining, mostly just because of Thomas Wayne Batman, but the outcome is a pretty big miss from a swing, not that New 52 was OMD level bad, it’s just the unnecessary retcons we’re pretty big nuisances

Imma take this as a DC thread, so can someone please let me know, I'm s4 e7, and everyones, I mean literally everyones dead sibling gets resurrected or shown as alive. Even Diggles, like what the fuck. Is this show just "Revive dead family members from the dead" the show?

>why is it so popular
It's not, it's just Geoff Johns trying to shove his shit everywhere, like airhead Wonder Woman loving ice cream.

>Is this show just "Revive dead family members from the dead" the show?
Do you even read superhero comics?

What pisses me off is that this is the Flash story casuals love to parrot. Its Civil War levels of marketed/shit
Stop watching the CW, its hardly DC anyway.

I mean yeah I do, but I wish it could be more spread out.

>Reverse Flash
>name is not "Nella Yrrab"

Who is the Flash?

The problem with Flashpoint was that it was rushed. There were interesting things about the world and the finale was rushed.

>Even in the comics, DC rushes
Well, at least we know it's not only a problem with the movies.

This. The alternative earth had so much potential.
Also can we agree that the outcome of flashpoint (new52) sucked?

For the event? Yeah it could've used another issue to pace things better.

But the reboot happened much later than originally planned. It was said that it was supposed to happen after Final Crisis and I think I heard even Infinite Crisis was supposed to have the reboot.

>africa
>ape controlled
Dude

>top creatives

The Cereal Lord want to shove his shitty canon down the throats of normies and casuals so his viewpoint will dominate. It's why, after he was made COO, the DCW used so many of his ideas in their stuff and why WB animation adapted his shitty Justice League arcs as their first sets of movies - sure it can be called New 52 synergy but they could have then used the Azz Wonder Woman for the movies, or one of them, or the Manabuc Flash for another, or Morrison's Action run.

So now, it was just Johns pushing his shitty canon. He's made it seem as if he's the 'top' or one of the top creatives when it isn't true. Snyder's take on Superbro sold far more copies in nine issues than anything Johns did with Clark in the New 52 as just one example.

he means that it's heavily pushed in a lot of adaptations such as tv and movies. like ffs they made one jl movie and they're already talking about a flashpoint movie, and they've been talking about producing a flashpoint movie for a couple of years now, when the dceu was made up of 2 movies. its ridiculous

If it's self-contained is that really a problem?
(BTW they're not just talking about it, that's literally the title of the Flash movie. Flashpoint. Coming 2020.)

FLASH!
AH AH!

Cw doesn't know how to work a good show nor DC, I mean god damn they couldn't get a good black actress for Iris at the very least. So we got this white bitch in black skin to do it. Fucking hell.

>DC is now literally two stories - Flashpoint and Injustice

>It's a recent, relatively self-contained Flash story that focuses on Batman.
Literally this. Same shit as Injustice. Dystopian heroes vs heroes alternative reality that focuses on Batman.

human sonic

Hm, just like Civil War. Why do both Marvel and DC have a hard on for this kind of story?

Because these days DC can't sell comics without Batman the same way Marvel can't sell comics without Spiderman.

I wasn't using 'top creative' as an endorsement, just a statement of fact that even before he got promoted up, he was clearly one of the guys DC saw as one of their key writers, what with him driving events and key books for like a decade previous.

>Stop watching the CW, its hardly DC anyway.
>Cw doesn't know how to work a good show nor DC,
GTFO CW-haters!!!

First post best post.

Johns is able to push his story and characters so he'll get royalties

It is though. It's not good but I talk to people all the time who are in love with it. It's mostly casuals though.

what is wikipedia and why don't you go there

Because it's the only Flash comic normies know

>StrongestGirl on Mondays
>The Hacker and Legends of Smoke on Tuesdays
>Felicity on Wednesdays

>why is it so popular?
because it stars an even larger more muscular Batman in a rad costume who kills people with guns