Hal n Pals Artist Threatened by Millenials

Ethan Van Sciver, one of the artist for Green Lantern Corps and Green Lanterns was threatened by SJWs for drawing "Unrealistic Female Proportions." still goes and does it anyway

twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/927695613432680449

Thoughts?Also Green Lantern Thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrAnkKCoFU
ign.com/boards/threads/artist-ethan-van-sciver-internet-bully.452504873/
phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/comic-book-harassment-isnt-comical-part-1
phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-2
phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-3
phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Twitter drama

Take a gun and put it in your mouth. And end yourself.

u

You're dim aren't you this spilled over into real life - ask your parents if retroactive abortion is possible ...

(you) being retarded aside, Sciver's work is mediocre and I celebrate whenever someone else draws the GL Corps issues.

u

A broken store door window could just be a coincidence.

These people are psychotic. It makes me embarrassed to be a liberal. All this animosity over some fucking drawings, and fictional characters.

Oh shit, I know what I'll be reading about in Bleeding Cool tomorrow!

first post is best post yet again

On one hand you're right but this is a pretty shitty thing to do to a LCS owner just trying to bring in business.

You mean he drew physically fit people wich are actually pretty realistic if they actually have a fuck about hygiene, why do they care anyways they probably don’t even read the fucking book

I remember meeting him at a con nearby an Obama really. He sid he stopped by and joked it felt like he was at a Nazi raally in the 30s. I thought it was a bit much, but I chuckled.

>ll this animosity over some fucking drawings, and fictional characters.

Remember H.E.A.T.? Or when you as a teenager wished someone died because they "ruined" your favourite character?

>MILLENIALS = SJWs
Stop throwing buzzwords, specially when you don't really know what they mean.

I wouldn't have broken a fuckin door over it. I have wanted to crack many a skull over dumb shit but I always had common sense and left the shit alone before I let it ruin my day let alone escalate to violence

t, millennial SJW

Here's a mindblowing fact: alt-righters are millennials too.
Stop being a faggot.

>I wouldn't have broken a fuckin door over it.

Good for you, buddy.

>Or when you as a teenager wished someone died because they "ruined" your favourite character?
Do non-autists/attention whores actually do this?

Ethan van Sciver is behind a lot of terrible DC decisions, like bringing back Barry Allen, so fuck him. And fuck you for trying to drum up outrage over this.

k

EVS is a known shit-stirrer/professional right-wing victim.
>I don't want to discuss politics anymore
He literally couldn't stop himself for an hour.

He's just as bad as the SJW's.

No, I think he May be one of them.

the Van Scivers are probably the two most talented not Luna brothers in the industry

>burgerlander drama over dumb shit, again
their entire country is a meme

Did you guys miss the wanton property destruction? Are you actually defending vandalism in retaliation for different political opinions?

>Are you actually defending vandalism in retaliation for different political opinions?
Yes. That's exactly what I was doing. Fuck off Ethan. Go somewhere else if you want a pity party.

The Hernandez Brothers are the OG

>liberals vandalize a shop he visited
>HE'S JUST AS BAD
Jesus Christ... are leftshits really this retarded?

>some shitty band you've never heard of

>ITT Marvel SJWs Sup Forumsmlr celebrates the oppression of free speech

I miss the good ol days....

Except there's literally no proof that this is the reason why it was vandalized. My point it that he's just like the SJW's in that everything is 110% sensationalized on social media.
>HE'S JUST AS BAD
Yes. That's exactly what I meant
>It's a Sup Forumstard acts just like someone on tumblr episode

You're all as bad as one another.

They really are this fucking retarded lol

Same here. I can't believe people are letting shit like this slide because of politics. I'm a proud liberal and am tired of the SJW crying online. Its ok defacing someone's business cause the person promoting the shop has different politics? WTF!

>I can't believe people are letting shit like this slide because of politics.
Please show me exactly where someone explicitly said that this is fine.

Cheesecake is what got me into comics, I love women with “unrealistic” physiques.

So much for not stirring drama in your twitter EVS. Though he's not in the wrong here

Soon friend, soon

Ian Churchill in his element.

>proooooof!
If that wasn't the cause wouldn't someone already have stepped up to him on twitter telling him he's just false flagging with that image? Heck, if you're so determined you can do it yourself.

>If that wasn't the cause wouldn't someone already have stepped up to him on twitter telling him he's just false flagging with that image?

That would imply anybody with a brain pays attention to what EVS posts on Twitter.

Bisley and butts

yet here you are pushing that this entire tweet is just a fabrication EVS made.

“I like beautiful women so I draw beautiful women.”

Pretty fucking cut and dry

What is with your animosity? He is objectively a talented artist, anything I’ve ever seen him say in terms of politics is he’d rather maintain a professional attitude and not inject them into his books or soapbox on social media

>If that wasn't the cause wouldn't someone already have stepped up to him on twitter telling him he's just false flagging with that image?
?

I'm not denying that the business was vandalized. I'm saying that there's no proof that it was becasue EVS went there.

Just to make it clear YES, THE SHOP BEING VANDALIZED IS TERRIBLE. YES, IF IT WAS DONE BY SOME FAGGOT SJW IT'S STILL TERRIBLE.

The problem is that EVS and D&C are being just as bad as the SJW's here in terms of sensationalizing/being professional victims. An SJW gets attacked or doxxed etc after D&C does a video on them and it's not his fault and his followers will blindly defend him. But some MAYBE happens due to a right winger person and they instantly want to burn someone at the stake and tar all of the left with the same brush.

It's the exact same professional victimhood that they proclaim to hate the regressive left for.

This isn’t simply twitter drama anymore, you double nigger. This is politics in comics bleeding into real world shit. This is relevant, whether you like it or not.

Never. Vandalism is always part of (((their plan)))

I just find it pointless waste of time to follow any artist. At best you might get previews (who cares) posted, at worst it's twitter drama. And EVS tends to have a lot of the latter from what I've heard.

So they’re never allowed to be ‘victims’? Besides, this isn’t even about them, neither of them own that resteraunt. They’re taking responsibilty because the vandalism was targeted at them for their political views and it was the store owner who is the victim here. They’re going to raise the money to replace the glass and that hopefully will be the end of it. But yeah, fuck them for having someone actually perpetrate violence against them. And no D&C fans don’t harass people, a lot of them are idiots but they never threaten people or harass them. Besides, they aren’t responsible for what their fans do even if they did, it’s just that D&C makes it a point to tell his fans to by no means ever attack, threaten or harass someone on twitter.

>This is politics in comics bleeding into real world shit.

Prove it. Just because somebody made a claim on Twitter does not make it true.

>from what I’ve heard

Don’t buy it, the guy’s a family man. He couldn’t be less of a mouthpiece.

He has a youtube channel where he comments on all of his comics, does tutorials and live drawings which I think is really cool. He’s a nice guy

>prove the person who broke into your house was the person who threatened to break into your house

Okay? They aren’t putting anyone in cuffs... they’re just trying to get the window repaired now

>So they’re never allowed to be ‘victims’?
No one on the left is allowed to be a 'victim' according to them.
>the vandalism was targeted at them for their political views
Based on what? Did the vandal attach a note to the broken door?
>they aren’t responsible for what their fans do even if they did
Yet all of the left is responsible for what this SJW vandal did? (even if they did)
>it’s just that D&C makes it a point to tell his fans to by no means ever attack, threaten or harass someone on twitter.
and people like Dan Slott called out some shit that was threatening EVS, yet he's a left wing boogie man.

Can you honestly not see that people like EVS and D&C are just as bad as the people they condemn? and just to be clear I obviously don't mean they're a bad as people that physically attack or damage property

FPBP

>the guy’s a family man
Google him, the guys a life long shit stirrer. Tim Seeley called him out as such on twitter just the other day.

I'm not saying he's fucking Hitler or even bad guy but he has deliberately caused trouble for years. He just can't help himself.

This wasn't someone's home, it was a store. Store's get vandalized all the time. Because it happened the next day after his visit doesn't automatically mean it was due to EVS, unless there's clear evidence it was tied to him specifically.

Come on dude doesn't the circumstances line up? He got threatened, he performed and then the next day the store got vandalized.

I would find it more plausible if the store itself had directly received the threats. I mean, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to go after the store once his visit was done if your threats were only aimed at him personally.

>D&C does a video on someone
>that person gets harassed
>i-t's not his fault
>i-it's just a coincidence
those double standards tho

>No one on the left is allowed to be a 'victim' according to them.

That’s just straight up not true, besides the only person who you could argue this about is D&C who was not even involved. All EVS did is be accused of being a nazi for being openly conservative.

>based on what?

Based on threats literally threatening to do this exact thing

>yet the left is responsible for what this SJW did

You clearly didn’t watch/listen to anything they’ve said on the issue, there’s a very small contingent of violent people and they’ve only implored fans of either political leaning to discourage and report vandalism and violence, from whichever side to the other.

EVS loves Dan Slott and is having him as a guest on his live stream this week, should be fun. They just straight up aren’t as bad, EVS doesn’t even do anything you are saying is bad. He just doesn’t do it. You could make an argument, although I’d just say perfectly normal people aren’t reading Marvel comics now, look at every month’s top 10, Marvel is prioritizing politics over making entertianing books with meaningful stories that anyone can enjoy republican or democrat, and D&C is essentially just a guy who writes articles and thoughtpieces via videos. D&C just wants the comics to have the same appeal of entertainment which makes the movies so adored popular and successful(not to mimic the movies, just be a happy and healthy medium)

/longreply

This was his first comic 90’s pepe

>a libshit said something about him
Oh well then I guess that changes everything.

EVS is a shitty artist regardless of the proportions of the ladies he draws

The person who did it could well have been a fucking idiot though.

Why are you bringing up D&C? He has nothing to do with the matter.

True, but that's just an assumption at this point.

>they instantly want to burn someone at the stake and tar all of the left with the same brush.
Now who’s sensationalizing? It’s about spreading awareness of radicals/criminals and bringing them to justice. It’s not a witch hunt.

Really? All he does is share MAGA/Pepe memes.

HAHAHAHAHA good one

>D&C just wants the comics to have the same appeal of entertainment which makes the movies so adored popular and successful(not to mimic the movies, just be a happy and healthy medium)

And instead he just whines about buzzword boogiemen.

Well yea they're a leftist. That automatically makes you a fucking idiot.

oh wow a splash page, whatever will I do

>splash page with a realistic artstyle
oh look it's a page from any one of hundreds of house style cape artists

That lower case nigga is o b s e s s e d with popping into any thread vaguely related to D&C and saying everyone in the thread is D&C. He’s almost as bad as barneyfag.

Feels before reals

Hey guys I’m shocked the guy that the vandal didn’t leave a note stating why he did what they did.

I need notarized proof or it could have been an act of god that broke the glass.

If you don’t see that there is a lot of antipathy towards comic fans from Marvel creators, that’s your problem.

My LCS owner is just dejected over the current state of Marvel, he just doesn’t read any of their stuff. I mean, what is there to read? D&C said once that the fans aren’t the real customers, your LCS are the comic book industry’s customers. They have to buy so many books and a lot of stuff is forced on them, my LCS hardly moved any of the latter Secret Empire stuff. They just aren’t making comics for comic fans, man. They aren’t making comics for anyone.

Name one Marvel comic I should be reading and I will buy it this wednesday, no questions asked. I’ll be happy about it, even if i fon’t enjoy it at least you do, right?

There's literal screenshots of him lying and sicking his fanboys on some guy a few years ago.

EVS gets off on this sort of thing. I could tell the instant he started doing stuff on his channel that it would eventually turn out like this. Watch him get more and more political now before one of his followers does something stupid and then he goes back to his "I just wanna do comics and bring everyone together" schtick.

There's a reason a great many professionals in the industry (including fellow current DC employees) won't have anything to do with him. and no, it's not his politics, Chuck Dixon is outspoken yet no one professionally has a bad word to say about him. EVS is just shit stirrer.

Punisher The Platoon

Political vandals tends to leave behind messages, bruh. And that's what this is implied to be. Unless it's a false flag operation, like that one Trump supporter who was caught doing fuck Drumpf graffittis on a kid's playground so people would blame it on liberals.

Where are the screenshots? The only "bad" thing I know EVS did was joke about some guy offing himself which he apologized soon after.

>Now who’s sensationalizing?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrAnkKCoFU
>Violent SJW Attacks Comic Shop In Retaliation For Them Hosting A Signing By Ethan Van Sciver
Read some of the comments and tell me that again.

He and his followers are outraged as fuck. They've already lit their torches.

Confused about this post... are splash pages bad or something?

Yet he’s been hugely influential in the direction of many significant series like GL/Flash rebirth along with Geoff Johns, made some immaculate art with tons of attention to detail not only in his rendition but also his attention to storytelling, continuity and accurate portrayal of characters’ personalities. He is also a prominent DC character designer who designed many of the tertiary green lantern corps, several Flash villains

Y’know what fuck y’all, Impulse was dope, and most of his other shit is great. LOOK AT THIS COVER

>right wing nut job literally runs people down in his car at white power rally
>IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS

Good, the SJWs should be on the receiving end of a witch hunt for once. Why would you defend them?

Go back to tumblr, you aren't fooling anyone

Already picking it up as it releases. Pretty good, think seeing Frank in ‘Nam was never necessary but the art is great, the research on display is great, and the build up is great

Anything else?

I like EVS but I will admit he's not on the same level as he was a decade ago.

splash pages are lazy

and EVS is generic as hell as an artist. Nothing sets him apart from Reis or Frank

All you SJW niggers that aren't siding with him need to go back to tumblr

wait what, EVS doesn't draw like sexy people

If you have grievances, there are more constructive ways to criticize Marvel's output than muh this, muh that, get politics out of muh comics, etc. Like maybe address the way how Marvel's done a shitshow with their comics for a decade and they basically slowly poisoned the well with their sales gimmicks, constant relaunches, etc. that trained the audience to not give a fuck about anything.

ign.com/boards/threads/artist-ethan-van-sciver-internet-bully.452504873/

phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/comic-book-harassment-isnt-comical-part-1

phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-2

phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-3

phenomenalfx.weebly.com/blog/harassment-isnt-comical-part-4

Who are these people who threatened him..? Maybe he's just an asshole.

>Good, the SJWs should be on the receiving end of a witch hunt for once

See, you admit what I've been saying all along. The SJW's would say the same about you. You're all as bad as one another.

Doctor Strange Legacy might be worth picking up
Royals, Once and Future Kings, and Black Bolt are decent but I think they're ending soon, and >Inhumans
Gwenpool

>a buncha lefties get mad at rights
>a buncha righties get mad at lefties
Breaking shit/violence because you disagree with someones political views is the most immature and pathetic thing someone can do though. Doesn't matter who you are, you're a failure if you can't contain it to civil discourse in the first world.