Sooo... what exactly is her character again?

sooo... what exactly is her character again?

She's evil.
>Evil
Am I evil?
Worse...you're smart

She's a sociopath that's really smart but she doesn't really know what she wants in life. She loves her kids and tries to love her Husband and Father, both of which can be very hard to love sometimes.

She’s a bitch.

She's a rick with a little zoey in there.

Neurotic wine mom with daddy issues that Rick views as an extension of himself.

She's such a zoey

typical woman

female, so in cartoon cuck logic, smart.

I fucking hate the "she's smart" thing. She never showed to be particularly smart before. Just fucking think about it:
>Early unwanted pregnancy, instead of taking any of the escape routes she decided to have two kids with a man she didn't love and truly made her unhappy
>Inferiority complex, despite being a talented heart surgeon she is incredibly insecure regarding her abilities
>Too stupid to see how toxic her marriage is
>Too stupid to face reality and instead she just gets drunk
>Shoots a family friend, granted, after a traumatic situation. But she could've just asked the others. Even worse, none of the other family members attacked Mr. Poopybutthole which means that at least three of them had some kind of bad experience with him, but Beth was too stupid to realize that
>Too stupid and proud to ask for help when her fucking daughter is in danger
>Stupid enough to let her son know she'd much rather save her daughter's life
>Too stupid to either save or leave alone the guy she trapped inside her pocket dimension

Honestly, the "development" she got is proof that whoever is in charge of writing this show is a fucking talentless hack who needs to latch on to somebody else's creations in order to succeed, and then will fire any talented underling due to jealousy and insecurity.

the she's smart thing was just a shoehorned in compliment with no bearing on previous development or continuity outside of this 3rd season, or even episode, because of how them women presumably felt she wasn't getting her compliments

i can't see it any other way, she's been a fucked up mess that's made so many bad decisions that that's her entire character, then this season hits and it's "you're smart, badass, and as twisted as rick"

previously, as fucked up as she got was just drinking too much and being a shitty mom in a very mundane way, but now it's "as a baby girl juxtaposition shows us she was actually fucking psychotic!"

In the end, she's just another shitty person.
Every main character in this series is an incredibly shitty person. But at least Rick and Morty have some kind of chemistry and can be funny. Hell, the "light switch" gag in the third season still makes me laugh when I think about it.
But Beth, Jerry and Summer? Fuck no. Either make them funny or cut them altogether. I don't care about them, hell, I want them to suffer because they're awful people.

None of those actually have to do with being smart. Just like Rick, she's bound to make really stupid decisions sometimes and she's terrified of sharing her emotions.

I have to laugh when you use "she drinks!" as a reason she's stupid, Rick drinks too, and a big point of the series is that when you're smart, you can easily see how terrible things are and need escapism like adventures or drinking to live with it. Jerry is oblivious and can have fun playing an app about popping balloons by tapping them, Beth can't be that simple and needs to chemically alter her state with drinking to cope.

Pride is also a Rick trait, something you didn't understand.

When you actually look at Beth it's obvious she's smart in some ways. She's a vet/doctor, for starters.

>the "light switch" gag
what?

It's from the episode about Morty's erased memories.

Rick's stupid decisions come from his impulsive nature. In the end, they don't matter because he's smart enough to fix things (or find an alternative) when he fucks up, unlike Beth.
And the argument is not that "she drinks", but that she does it to escape the consequences of her bad decisions. She doesn't drink to numb the pain, nor to rebel in pleasure. She drinks because she is unable to find any other way to improve upon her shitty life, which she is responsible for to begin with. Smart people use escapism as a creative outlet, an inspirational source, or a temporary coping mechanism for extreme situations. She's instead stuck in it due to her hedonistic nature.
And of course she's smart in "some ways." Just like politicians can be smart in some ways but absolute morons in others. Beth is a talented surgeon, probably an expert in her field, but she's a bumbling idiot in every other possible way.

One that pisses off nu-male millennials

Smart does not necessarily mean wise or perceptive.

Narcissistic sociopath who only gets joy out of lording over people she considers lower than her--ie, everyone but Rick.

Sociopathic matron slowly coming out of her self-denial about her true nature and how it clashes with society at large, and ultimately how she comes to terms with her need to confront the universe on her own terms and the universe's general indifference to her efforts.

"Smart" in this case doesn't refer to any degree of intelligence or problem solving, it's about a lack of ignorance. Namely, they have knowledge of reality beyond the narrow views of human creatures (love, family, law, etc.) and realizing that, in the broadest of senses, nothing we hold dear or sacred are inherently so, it's just a bunch of bs humans dreamed up to make sense of an incomprehensible universe. Labeling "smart" as worse than evil isnt an insult, its a point of fact. "Evil" in the sense of malicious intent on someone's part is just another conjured concept we made up. Knowledge that there is no objective "evil" in the universe at large inherently puts you beyond such dicotomic labels, and your left as a simple being that simply IS

Tl;dr Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is a horrible, beautiful freedom

She's a very intelligent m'lady who is enough of a bad*ss to do as she wishes.

>she does it to escape the consequences of her bad decisions
Rick does that all the time. Pickle Rick was all about him escaping responsibility.

She wants da Rick.

When will we get a loli Beth episode?

That's about the dumbest thing that I ever heard. Do you think pain isn't real either? After all, it's just a bunch of chemicals and signals that only get context inside the brain. Just like love, evil, family and law.

But I bet you wouldn't call a person that puts their dick in a woodchipper smart.

Just because these things don't hold value to the lifeless expanse of space doesn't mean they don't hold value to us and that value is just about as real as anything else.