I went to go see Thor Fragglerock and felt better that pic related isn't The Valkyrie but is a valkyrie...

I went to go see Thor Fragglerock and felt better that pic related isn't The Valkyrie but is a valkyrie. In fact she never is called by a proper name through out the film.
I have a theory that the blond warrior that takes a spike for her is Brunnhilde from the comics.

Ok.

I don't know why anyone thought she was THE Valkyrie, they never said she was named Brumhilde and interviews before the movie even mentioned that she was just the last survivor of the Valkyries.

She was genuinely the worst part of an otherwise likable film
I guess her drunk scene was ok, but god did she wear out her welcome

Exactly, and the wikis don't make it any better calling her Brunnhilde.
She has no name at all through out the movie.
She is called her scrapper number, Little Girl by Hulk, and when ever she is refer to as a valkyrie there is always as a noun.

She was the essence of "Stronk Female Character."

I agree. I felt like not only could any other character have filled her role, it could have been shared by two characters. A drunk bounty hunter who brings Thor in and a stray Asgardian who lost their way didn't need to be put into one character.

I really liked her in the movie, and I never thought she was THE VALKYRIE.

I don't really understand why people got butthurt abut any of the lore in this movie.There was a rocket dragon. Calm down and have fun.

I didn't mind her. She fit in well and is kinda hot. I love watching her drink though.

If they did a movie about Wakanda and replaced black characters with whites would someone get mad?
If they did a movie about Kamala and she was portrayed by a Latina would someone get mad?

That scene where she grabs the gatling gun and does a little hip thrust...

>If they did a movie about Kamala and she was portrayed by a Latina would someone get mad?
To be fair this is a very real possibility.

>Go to see Black Panther
>"There sure are a lot of Chinese people in Wakanda."

No because their races dont make the character. being white isnt what makes a Valkyrie a Valkyrie. Only Sup Forums would think something like that and nobody cares what they think

>Norse mythology and Norse culture don't matter
But if it were any other mythology or culture people are allowed their ire.

I'd gladly trade all of Valkyrie's scenes for more Hela scenes.
Hela in this movie was great.

>Make believe has to be as real make believe as possible
Literally nobody cares about her race but Sup Forumstards. Valkyrie isnt real so she's up for interpretation. Theres no culture around Valkyries as the vikings have all vanished. Google viking and the first thing to come up will be a football team.

Yeah well Brunhilde was her girlfriend

norse mythology literally doesnt matter though.

other than sharing the names, thor's universe has never been even remotely accurate to myth.

>le google search is end all be all
There is more to the world than your bubble.
The movie it's self mentions Norway as "home".
Norse culture still exists beyond your half hearted google search.

Norse culture is the last resort of whiny neo-nazis that are afraid of the big black dick.

>Literally nobody cares about her race but Sup Forumstards.
Were you around during the whole Fant4stic stuff on Sup Forums and elsewhere?
People cared, they were then all called racists (even the black ones), and the movie flopped even harder than it would have naturally.

>afraid
Who do you think watches BLACKED?

And muh black culture is the last resort of whiny liberals who there is no such thing. Gotta force another race in where they didn't exist.

>google proves that more people care about the viking football team than the viking culture
sounds like an end all to me.

>I don't know why anyone thought she was THE Valkyrie,
More reasons to get mad that way.

Hela was incredibly sexy, and I never wanted her to leave the screen. I never imagined a dark haired Cate Blanchett would make me rock hard, but fuck if she isn't just the best part of this movie.

>People cared, they were then all called racists (even the black ones),
post proof or it didnt happen

That movie flopped because it was foxshit in general like the previous FF movies with Captain America Johnny.
Thor 3 is a moneymaker and by far more so than the previous Thors with Portman and Dennings instead of some black chick.

post more pics of her

She isn't attractive though.

None of the norse characters should be black. it's cultural appropriation.

Before I heard about the kerfuffle about the homolust or lack thereof I honestly thought that was the movie's way of implying Brunhilde saved the surviving asgardians.

this.

while I too think she was a bit over-used (the whole destroying the following ships instead of just escaping and having the ships crash or turn around would've been easier) they had to sell her worth so that she belonged in the line-up later on in the movie. Otherwise, strength and Asgardian heritage beside the point, she doesn't belong standing next to the three selling point characters. Strange showing up dropping a fixed mjolnir through a portal (cause he can't lift it) would've made more sense. That scene is to prepare you that THOR and fucking HULK the dudes left out of movies because of how strong they are, were powerless to a otherworldly threat. She needed to be shown to have the respect of not only Thor ("wow a Valkyrie") but also petulant childlike Hulked out Banner who trained with her. whether it was effective or not in portraying her like that is one thing but they had to give her a reasonable push.

Between this and Dormammu Marvel has actually interestingly set their characters up to be in a place where getting their ass stomped by Thanos isn't just a random power jump but well built up to. And that some kind of bargain or ass pull will be necessary to overcome the threat.

Strange "won" by the skin of his teeth bargaining with a quickly thought out plan using an infinity stone. Thor flat out failed, albiet intentionally by the end, and was left with nothing but bargaining like Strange (the place for the people) to save lives.

I actually quite appreciate how they've approached those two films in particular. It's given great respect, though cheaped some of the impact through low brow attempts at humor (korg kinda made me laugh though, I can't lie), to the power of these higher level entities.

Doctor Strange in Thor 3 made me want to watch his stand alone movie.

It's so sad that black people are culturally appropriating the Norse mythology away from the New York jews who created it back in the 1960s

Agreed. She was waaaaay hotter though once she put on that white outfit though.

Exactly how I felt about her. Fun intro, but everything after that kept getting progressively worse. She's by far the weakest link in this movie, character wise.

She was a bad character
Even if she were white the character would still be hacky and bad

probably cause she let her hair down

If you did a movie about Wakanda you'd be too busy shitposting KANGZ memes every three posts to change anything

>went to see it with my younger brother
>sit next to the most annoying 19 year old girl ever that couldnt shut the fuck up for 5 minutes
>cant say shit because little brother get might get anxious
>valkyrie comes out drunk as shit
>annoying cunt says "HELLL YEAHA!HA!"
>cringe
Overall 7/10 movie.

people still make that unfunny meme?

Sup?

>Beats the title Character
>Beats the long standing Villain
>is friends with the new villain
>is friends with an old hero
>is never in danger
>is over powered
>doesn't actually contribute in a unique way
>joins everyone at the end

it's like by the numbers

>Thor Fragglerock

This what now passes for clever on Sup Forums.

>white people now care about cultural appropriation

>Norse mythology and Norse culture don't matter

Why arent you bitching about a blonde Thor who hangs out with Captain America then?

Gods of Egypt
no single middle eastern on sight

>WE WUZ MESSIAHS!

Fucking SJW lost their shit on twitter.
The movie got panned.

Who the fuck designed this costume? It's so visually busy it looks like an attempt at camouflage.
The toy sword doesn't make it better, either.

What's good for the goose...

God she is ugly.

Of course the blonde one was Brunnhilde. The movie was
>remember the Valkyrie from comics?
>she's dead now
>have fun with the black one

oof I know right? that wiggle was super hot!

>white people now care about cultural appropriation
It's mostly dorky white people who cry "whitewashing" and what not on social media. Average black person doesn't care about cartoons and shit.

I know bruv

>Casuals pretending to care about Valkyrie

Tell me how much you loved Fearless Defenders.

There's one thing I don't get, in the movie itself she looks fine but every single screencap from Sup Forums and elsewhere makes her look ugly as fuck.

Oh great, they killed the real character to make way for a diversity OC, that makes me feel much better.

Why no lady Sif?

>black people don't care about cultural appropriation anymore

She’s just one of those people who looks better in motion.

holy shit, that's funny!

Playing a comic book character in a comic book movie adaption based off a comic book isn’t cultural appropriation.

sometimes doesn't apply to the gander...

Are you counting anime?

Wait, so you mean Iron Fist didn't deserve all the hate it got? Because that's literally the point.

Iron Fist got shat on for being a shitty show. Not because of your imaginary SJW war. Rand could have been played by a chink and it still would have gotten shat on.

If they did a Marcus Garvey movie and he was portrayed by anyone other than a dark skinned black actor then you have a case.
If they did a Harriet Tubman movie and cast Maya Rudolph there you go.
But a character that was made by a bunch of Jews in the 30s that no one really care about in the first place isn't cultural appropriation.
Blacks in the US have no mythology but I assure you if Hollywood took central African mythological figures and replaced them with whites or other races they'd be pissed.

All the people who made a fuss about Iron Fist being white were completely ignorant to who the character is.
They saw white guy doing martial arts and with an Eastern them and ran head first into controversy.

I've read Fearless Defenders about a month ago. Not that I loved it but it wasn't bad.

Fearless Defenders was godlike. Lots of cool fights and even Original the Inhuman had a nifty fighting style of dancing with organic razor ribbons.

I like it when people scream cultural appropriation for stuff that have no origin to black people at all.
Even better when it's dumb shit that's pop culture not real culture.

>Blacks in the US have no mythology
Does John Henry count? Or Buffalo Soldiers?

616 Asgardians (Silver Age) > 1610 Asgardians > 616 Asgardians (Modern) > 199999 Asgardians (Movies)

It's just as stupid because these are merely based (extremely loosely based) on Norse mythology, same as anything else.
The amount of butthurt this movie caused is astronomical and it's both funny and depressing.

>Iron Fist got shat on for being a shitty show.
not before it was release. please stop being disingenuous to make your point. the show had problems to a lot of non-white people a major one was was the race of the actor.

No, just look at the example we're discussing. Or blade. Or falcon.

>All the people who made a fuss about Iron Fist being white were completely ignorant to who the character is.
Kinda beside the point though. They ripped a show before it was even filming because of that casting. And it was racially motivated, not even subtly so.

My entire point is that white people DON'T care about it, we care that apparently only we can perpetrate it.

comics are not white mythology

It is a good argument against the whole concept.

It was no where near as bad as the Gods of Egypt overreaction

Who the fuck cares what some nobodies think? You only know they exist because Sup Forums kept giving attention to random twitter posts. Only the critics matter.

Gods of Egypt was a shitty movie Thor was not

Rand got all of the hate for being white when people were bitching about 'why isn't he asian?!' You fucking faggot.

>No, just look at the example we're discussing. Or blade. Or falcon.
Blade and Falcon aren't black cultural icons.
Maybe Blade is a low tier pop culture icon at best.

>Things that never happened

So I prove you wrong and you change the subject to the quality of the movies.
Nice.

>Who the fuck cares what some nobodies think?
>Sup Forums kept giving attention to random twitter posts.
>Sup Forums kept
>some nobodies

Look man you can sit here and act like it was a non-controversy but that's simply untrue. NYT even wrote about it.

To remind you my point is that white people don't care about CA, they just care that only they can perpetrate it.

Faggot you didn’t prove anyone wrong. You’re using some vague examples of random nobodies on the INTERNET to prove your equally vague point.

Iron Fist fucking sucked. With or without the Asian. Get over it.

Everyone is random nobodies on the internet, but they still waved their racist dicks around because they could. Just like you! You fucking apologist.

>NYT writes about some nobodies
>Suddenly they’re legitamate

By that logic if they wrote about some Sup Forums poster’s love for Gwen Tennyson that would be enough for you to recognize it as a big thing.

>Blade and Falcon aren't black cultural icons.

Was this supposed to make your point instead of mine? If they recast falcon and instead of Mackie got literally any white dude over literally any black dude it would be a controversy.

Your perception of the importance of the character doesn't matter and in fact really only serves to prove my point that non-white people would REE incessantly over characters getting race swapped whom they don't even care about.

A la the "asians" disliking ScarJo being cast as an "asian" (really a robot) or Finn Jones as a character who is in fact white they just find "problematic".

You’re not even making an argument at this point. Just stop.

>Iron Fist fucking sucked. With or without the Asian. Get over it.
Irrelevant, because people were complasining about Rand being white long before any actually saw it and knew how good or bad it was. They saw it as whitewashing, even though the character was always white. They accused it of playing into the white savior trope, etc. There were a ton of articles in the press about this.

You aren't even attempting to prove your point or disprove mine. You're just deciding that you thought the Iron Fist controversy (one single instance) was smaller than it was and further that your opinion is actual fact.

Factually multiple well-known media outlets not only covered it but offered their own editorial opinions on it. Your opinion about their worth is completely inconsequential.

I like to see both the visual and the personality aspects of the character represented in the adaptation. How they look is important to the character.

Literally what is your point?

>”A non-controversy that I’m going to personally perceive as an attack on myself reason enough for me to be mad about an equally stupid non-issue!”

Yes seriously. I don’t put stock into what some nobodies on tumblr and Twitter say. By that logic I can use random internet people to justify anything I want to be mad about.

>”Sexlover87 complained about his pink fleshlight so why can’t I complain about my green one!?”

This is why I reminded you just a few posts above. Because you clearly forgot by the time you replied the second time.

>To remind you my point is that white people don't care about CA, they just care that only they can perpetrate it.