Bendis is made for talking comics, not action comics. One of his best comics is Alias...

Bendis is made for talking comics, not action comics. One of his best comics is Alias, which is sort of like a Vertigo book imo. Vertigo is returning in 2018. Snyder said last week that there were plans for Zatanna. Bendis said recently that the character he would want to write at DC would be Zatanna. Are we getting a Vertigo Zatanna series? Holy fuck, Bendis might actually be a good thing for DC

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gdwjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>One of his best comics is Alias
Enough of this meme, Alias was dreadful.

>teaches women not to strike out on their own
>teaches them that the best way to be happy is to find a strong man to get them pregnant

I thought it was a great message.

THAT HUMPTY DUMPTY MAN BABY NEEDS TO STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM DC. FUCKER WOULD TRY TO DEPOWER CLARK AND REPLACE HIM WITH CYBORG. /cruisecontrol

Some bad stuff must be happening behind the scenes at Marvel to make him leave after almost twenty years

For fuck sake when I saw the original
thread I thought it was a hijacked bait thread

You don't even get a (you) for that post

NOO-NO-NOOOONO----NOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Bendis is made for talking comics
This is not true.

We're literally getting two years or more of movie synergy. Marvel comics has now fallen into the shadow of Marvel movies. Nothing important will happen unless it's happening in the movies, why bother staying?

Ugh

Honestly Nightwing is the only character he might not be shit at if editorial reigns in his worst quirks.
Dick is already a wise cracking chatterbox, he has no past or mythos to ruin, and he already has a history of characters that individual writers push and are forgotten about/killed when they leave the title.

Or Shazam if Bendis can channel his past USM self.

No, I'm fucking sick of this meme. Bendis was never good. Alias is not good. None of his work has been good. Daredevil was acceptable.

Bendis is crap at talking comics. Bendis is crap at action comics.

>HURRR LET'S SEE THE MAIN CHARACTER TAKE A SHIT
>OOOH SO EDGY AND AVANT GARDE
>HURRR LET'S SEE THE MAIN CHARACTER MASTURBATE
>OOHH SO MATURE!11!!
>HURRRRR LET'S SEE THE MAIN CHARACTER TAKE IT UP THE ASS TWICE
>XDDDD
The only brainlet here is you, dumbo.

>Lois leaves Clark for Steel. They have a baby immediately. Baby turns out the prophesied savior of the multiverse. All white men die from jive turkey disease.

>it always comes back to the sex scene
Why am I not surprised

>no writer announced yet

We all know what book Bendis is writing and the butthurt from Marvel will be hysterical.

DiDio is writing that,.

>Bendis said recently that the character he would want to write at DC would be Zatanna

So the man who literally ruined Scarlet Witch and nerfed Dr Strange to joke levels gets a crack at ruining yet another sorcerer? Bendis needs to know his limitations. He should stick to street-level stuff like Daredevil and Iron Fist.

>Zatanna in an edgy and risque book with adult themes.
>Maybe a little not-explicit nudity and sex.

I'd buy it. I love the original Alias run. It's one of the few DC runs I own, aside from Punisher MAX, X-23 up til she became FemWolverine, and the vampire Jubilee stuff.

Oh Jesus Christ I'm fucking fuming at Bendis fucking up Shazam because hes shit. But...if somehow....he WERE to make Ultimate Shazam....fuck that'd be so great..no. Not gonna get my hopes up Bendis HAS BEEN good he is no longer even decent. Fuck it if I expect shit I'll be pleasently surprised.

IIRC he once mentioned that tje DC characters that wanted to write were Superman or Plastic Man.

Supergirl and Blue Beetle for similar reasons. Hell, Kara might benefit from less superwank/powerwank and more teenage hero shit a la USM. Making her slightly different from Superman or even power girl.

>Bendis writes Shazam and it's actually good.
>for extra salt they rename him back to Captain Marvel.

I'd honestly buy every single issue and trade of a Bendis Zantana run.

Reminder that Liam Sharp is drawing Batman/Wonder Woman but a writer wasn't announced.

If King is gonna be on Batman for 100 issues the next A list to get is a Batman book with a character who just had a well liked movie.

>Wanting that dumpster fire anywhere near DC
Fuck him and fuck you, OP. You're both faggots.

Will DC get Bendis to start lifting?

The guy was black though which makes Sup Forums a bit conflicted

He's already started losing weight

I want Bendis to revive Checkmate, but him on Detective Comics seems like no brainer to start.

>Are we getting a Vertigo Zatanna series? Holy fuck, Bendis might actually be a good thing for DC
Eruoy yag!

it begins

>Reminder that Liam Sharp is drawing Batman/Wonder Woman but a writer wasn't announced.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>IIRC he once mentioned that tje DC characters that wanted to write were Superman or Plastic Man.

Well better him than Jurgens.

can't wait to see her getting BLACKED

Maybe Diana will get that boob job that Bendis always wanted her to get

>Bendis writes Wonder Woman

I can't figure out how that would be. Great? Terrible? Somewhere in between? I have no idea.

Wonder Woman would be the perfect book for him since ignoring previous continuity is her secondary mutation

He used to have tweets up about how she was "the pipply ass of comics." He deleted them after someone called him out on reddit a year ago
archive.is/gdwjo
So probably terrible

It would be awful.

He doesn't do well with female characters in general and he's insulted the character before. He's also best at teenage heroes and heroes with smaller power levels.

Wish granted.

>now stars harper row

>he hasn't heard
user...

Bendis called her the pipply ass of comics and an STD farm.

"Spider-Woman is cooler than Wonder Woman in every way possible. Wonder Woman's got a pipply ass! she's the pipply ass of comics!! Spider-Woman has better hair, better costume, frank cho implants and a fucked up origin. Wonder Woman is a walking std farm!!"
-Bendis

You have to make Marvel girl black with an afro

This is the dude DC just had to have.

He looks like Uncle Fester with AIDS.

DC thought that having JRJR was a win.

Bendis is going to get a nasty shock when the Editorials in DC are not as lazy or apathetic as they were back in Marvel

Please, look at how DC is treating his arrival. They'll bow down to his every order, especially now that Johns is busy with movie shit.

Alias is one of the worst piece of shit I have ever read and it's Bendis tuned up to 11. The fact that poor suckers are still being baited into reading it today is just sad.

*tips*

Alias is pro-atheism though.

>mfw Bendis writes Rorschach after Doomsday Clock

I'd read it

Nice try.
He will take Batman for a walk. Somehow. He has to.

I think it said his exclusive is for more than a couple years, so even if King gets to 100 issues while double shipping, it'll just take a couple more years. Plenty of time for Bendis to write on the main title.
And they can do an All Star Batman anyway.

they can just make a new batbook for him like they did for Finch or Snyder.

>Bendis' new book dethrones King's as the main Bat-book
I'd laugh.

zatanna will have a new costume like ms marvel?

Is Bendis jumping ship bigger that when JRJR did it? I mean talk about a family legacy with a company.

I doubt Bendis will speak a word ill of his pals Alonso and Tom, but JRJR made it clear that stuff like " artists's don't move the needle" was why he was happy to leave for DC.

I don't think either are that big because of when JRJr left he had already done Kick Ass, and Bendis we don't know what book he's writing.

Bagley leaving was a bigger deal, and when Waid and later Morrison left DC to write X-Men in the 90's was treated like the biggest thing ever.

Bendis jumping ship is absolutely a bigger deal.

He is, for better or worse, one of the most influential marvel creators, especially in the last two decades and has had a major run on most big characters/teams.

The only reason this isn't bigger than Morrison going to the X-Men is that we all hate Bendis and think that he sucks now.

This

If he jumped ship before GOTG and CW2, Sup Forums would probably be going insane and saying how based DC is

I mean more looking at how the company operates. Bendis said he would never leave because he felt that he owed his career to Quesada giving him a chance with Ult. Spider-Man.

This doesn't seem like a casual " oh I'll just write some different characters for a bit" it seems more like creative talent, even ones with deep ties, are leaving Marvel because of the company. You had the wave of people who left around Secret Wars and now the guy who pretty much shaped the creative direction since the early 2000's.

>Sup Forums would probably be going insane and saying how based DC is
Sup Forums seems to be doing this already.

JRJR admitted he jumped ship because Marvel sucks, at this year's NYCC.

Quesada no longer runs the editorial department. He is basically Marvel's Chief Creative Officer, but seemingly less successful than Johns.

So what established straight character from DC is gonna turn out gay? In unrelated news, today is a great day to be a Marvel fan.

>he thinks Bendis was the only reason why Marvel is shit

nah there's much more OH SHIT DC, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? posting.

Most of Sup Forums is praying he doesn't get to write their favorite characters, and gets containment book(s). We even have Anons encouraging people to write to DC saying in polite terms, Bendis is a hack.

Small amount of Sup Forums is hopeful DC editorial can keep Bendis in line.

Only one or two retards are going Based DC.

Tim. But that would almost actually be an organic shift

It is going to be funny when he writes the same way he does in Marvel but DCfags handwave his fault and call anyone of disagrees with it butthurt Marvel shills

in fact this is terrible as there is no one who can stand up to Axel and Sana and the fact all the good artists who work with Bendis will also jump ship.

DC does have editors, user.

Editors won't stop the bendis-speak or the multiple 2-page splash pages. They might stop hi rewriting character history but I will bet good money that he will make a Luke Cage expy in whatever book he is on. Or better yet he brings back the Brown Bomber which would be the greatest thing ever.

>being this ignorant

You act like DC has the best editors in the entire planet. Fact is, they'll let Bendis walk all over them, just look at how many headlines they've made by hiring him.

>Marvel is dying
>I need DC to die too!

Oh well, here comes the dumbass autist with his stupid fucking company wars bullshit. It's not like I'm actually worried Bendis will walk over editorial, no sir, I'm just a Marvel fanboy who wants DC to die, of course. Fucking idiot.

>Bendis might actually be a good thing for DC

Oh the damage control already kek

Doubtful. They told Snyder no several times until after he proved himself.

Yeah, but Bendis isn't Snyder, he's been working on the industry for over 20 years.

You are a fucking moron though. Most of the big characters already have established teams. Batman and Superman both have teams sticking around for a 100 issues. Priest is getting JL. I doubt Flash is changing teams. I sincerely doubt Bendis is interested in WW. If anything I think Bendis will get one of the new heroes or an Earth One book.

>implying that was Bendis and not Deconnick/Amanat
Mongoloid.

If you can't recognize trolling you're more retarded than OP.
You're right he ISN'T Snyder. He's new. He might be friends with Johns but he won't have the same power he did at Marvel. Doesn't mean he can't fuck things up but people acting like Bendis is going to immediately start writing the next big event are idiots.

Can we please put Constantine back under Vertigo? If this is what's happening then I'll take Bendis on Hellblazer, even if it's bad it will put him back under Vertigo and after Bendis leaves the book we can get a good writer back

>Kills Billy
>writes Black Adam instead
yeah, no

>Most of the big characters already have established teams
Plans change.
>Batman and Superman both have teams sticking around for a 100 issues
They could give Bendis a new title for either of these characters, either a new All-Star Batman or that weekly Superman thing he said he wanted to do with Marquez, Pichelli and Schiti a while back.
>Priest is getting JL
We don't know if he's a fill-in or not, DC has made no formal announcements regarding the creative team.
>I doubt Flash is changing teams
Why not? Sales are dwindling and Flashfags hate Williamson.
>I sincerely doubt Bendis is interested in WW
Literally the only correct point in your entire post.

Also, I have no idea what any of this has to do with editorial somehow reining in Bendis, their biggest hire in years.

Hot damn, that Rose
Im going to have to pick this one up

DC fans are on full damage control right now "m-maybe he won't be bad" "his style fits DC more." "Editors will help him."

No, the whole reason why Marvel editors ignore his work is because the fucking loon is impossible to work with. My heart breaks for DC, but goddamn am I happy he left Marvel, the guy is single handedly ruined more comics in the past 10 years than anyone else I can think of

It's either Tim, Dick, or Damien with Jonathan.

bendis will bring sjws with him

this is the end of dc

>Maleev does Zatanna/Constantine

I'm convinced DC won't let him do anything like Ironheart, but goddamn I still don't like it. I want that bald fucker away from my enjoyable reads

Kuuga pls, shouldn't you be jobbing to the new Riders

I'm actually scared

>I still hope DC bites the dust!