F

F

It's sad we lost that movie. But hey, at least we got that Emoji movie.

what happened? the animation pretty good

Sony happened.

New executives came, killed everything the old executives greenlit.

>it probably would have made less money then the emoji movie

It was just an animation test, a pitch. Not a promise.

Popeye fucking sucked and is only good in the eyes of nostalgiafags.

WHAT DID YOU SAY FAGGOT

>animation test
was it? i thought they were making a whole movie

When this trailer came out Sup Forums completely shat on it, now you pretend its a huge loss. Did you think it was canned because the negative reception it got?

>people still believe emoji movie is what killed popeye
wew

How was it panned? Just curious. Animation looked great to me

Just put the trailer address in the archive and you'll see old threads saying how bad it looks. Same comments were once on the youtube page as well, but most likely pushed down by RIP comments.

No. Just to clear things up, it was just an animation test.

Of course dumbfucks will tell you that the EMOJI movie is the reason this got cancelled, when that wasn't the case at all.

I remember there being some ire over Popeye not having his pipe and tattoos.

That still doesn't excuse the Emoji movie

Well why the fuck did Sony pass over
>sony
Oh

Why no tattoos?

Who the fuck is going to watch a Popeye movie in this day of age?

After the trainwreck that was season 5 I'm actually glad Genndy didn't get his filthy hands on Popeye, he probably would've ruined it as well. Based Sony.

You can't show characters in animation smoking anymore. The tattoo thing is probably just Sony preference.
This was suppose to be a younger Popeye anyway. So maybe he didn't become his iconic self just yet.
We'll never know.

This is so fucking sad, but true

I remember most of Sup Forums loving it with a couple of people being upset it wasn't the old grumpy smoking Popeye besides the fact Genndy time and time again saying this was meant to be a younger more innocent Popeye before he becomes what we know today.

It's still in development. It hasn't been cancelled yet.