Now that DC took Bendis from Marvel, how are they going to retaliate...

Now that DC took Bendis from Marvel, how are they going to retaliate? wich long stablished DC writer is Marvel going to snatch from them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-tPcc1ftj8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Current Marvel
>Employing actual writers
They will just find someone at tumblr, iO9 or CBR willing to suck their balls.

What do you give someone who cured your cancer?

they can have Snyder and Orlando. they suck

Snyder.

Disney is going to buy DC after Justice League flops. Bendis was just sent over to prepare DC for assimilation.

It's funny and sad because it's true.

Woah woah Snyder redeemed himself with Metal.

I don't think Snyder sucks, but Orlando definitely does. Please take him.

>how are they going to retaliate?
by continuing to make amazing movies and destroying them in comic sales

I'm legitimately surprised Bendis left Marvel, but now I'm afraid for DC.

Honestly I don't feel they really need any long time DC guys, it would be cool if King came back after his Batman run is over, but I doubt it, maybe they'll take the creative team of Harley Quinn?

What the fuck,

Time Warner is larger than Disney you tard

Marvel doesn't spend any money, losing Bendis is a cost cutting move.

What's even more funny and sad is how every last comics "journalist" is only saying how SUPER COOL this is shaping up to be.

People that say LOOK A THE MOVIES LOOK HOW WELL THEY ARE DOING are cancerous as fuck. This is a comics board, you think we give a rats ass about how well the movies are doing when the comics are unreadable garbage?

Orlando, please

Get Johns back. Trade mediocrity for mediocrity.

youtu.be/-tPcc1ftj8E

Marvel are clearly looking to big up fresher talent (hence getting guys like Rosenberg and Brisson as exclusives), I don't think they've interested in poaching anyone from DC with the way they're going

The only good thing that can possibly happen is Bendis brings his artists to DC.

Also it's hilarious in the tweet announcements, there's people begging DC not to take Bendis.

>I'm legitimately surprised Bendis left Marve

If the Marvel stalwarts are all looking for an exit strategy, it means there is some serious problems at Marvel.

GRANT MORRISON
MAYBE WE CAN ALSO GET GERARD WAY FOR A COUPLE OF X BOOKS WHILE QUESADA GOES TO DC

PLEASE

I JUST WANT TO LIKE MARVEL AGAIN

Time Warner
Mkt cap 73.70B

Disney
Mkt cap 156.83B

>looking to big up fresher talent
That's a great way to reword "cheap".

If you don't, you should work in PR.

For some reason, I've seen people unironically say they like Bendis. Like, that he's their favorite writer.

I think those people are proof that natural selection has failed.

I don't know who are Rosenberg or Brisson.

FRANK MILLER ON MOON KNIGHT
FRANK MILLER ON MOON KNIGHT

I want this badly. Either him or Dini.

Yeah but how does that help their comics? In fact there's enough evidence to show that the MCU is bad for the comics back when they did all that forced synergy.

Marvel studios is a seperate entity entirely

>Way going anywhere when he's literally the head editor of a small imprint

No way, they'd have to give him an editorial or something like Spiderman to convince him and I dont think DC will give him away so easily if they were willing to give him Young Animals, he mos likely has a several year long exclusive contract.

How big is AT&T?

Yeah because an established writer will be more $$$$ than just hiring a blogger and they know fans will just buy shit anyway.

I don’t think he’d be interested, although he’d be awesome for it

I’m optimistic about Bemis’ run

Frank Miller returns to Daredevil for Born Again, Again

Hell, DC is even letting Way delay all of the YA books because he was too bad at getting Doom Patrol out on time for the "crossover." They must have some faith in him

Reborn Again? Again Born? 2 Born 2 Again?

their comics don't need help

Movies are the only things with the Marvel brand on them. And when attacking the DC movies, all they can really do is make fun of the RT score because they still make a ton of money. It's all they have, user. Just let them have the crumbs.

>Dc try to work their rebirth magic on bendis after successfully using it on lobdell
The absolute madmen.

Born Again for the Very Second Time

Cheap talent can still print money, I mean they're literally fishing for their next King is all

That's your problem buddy. Read more comics

>this again

Yeah and all the charts and monthly sales figures as well as shops complaining of getting comics they didn't order don't counter that. Friendly reminder that Marvel cut down their number of ongoings by a dozen.

Sorry but shouldn't marvels dollar share be way more due to their books all be $1-$3 more than dc

You're not missing much, Brisson used be a letterer ( worked on Prophet) then he became a writer and wrote nothing of note besides some comic versions of TV shows for IDW and BOOM

This. Marvel aren't interested in big name writers anymore, which is probably partly why Bendis left. At least, not big name writers from comics.

>Rosenberg
>Brisson
>Talent
KEK

Ironically this was what people thought would happened to DC after they moved to Cali.

Nobody right now. Marvel is infamous for its horrible work environment

Its not but AT&T is and they will own Warner soon. They could buy Disney if they wanted

Marvel movies are separate from Marvel. As are DC from their films. Their success is irrelevant

Is he a good writer at least?

Impossible to know.

The only thing he writes is articles shilling Coates' Black Panther.

Morrison will never work for Marvel again

How fucked must Marvel be if Bendis left?

These kind of mergers typically means divestitures to meet regulator approval. DC could very well meet the chopping block.

>We want to make Moon Knight more like Batman by giving him his own Joker so a lot of new readers will think he's a Batman wannabe

Holy fuck, it sounds like Bemis is missing the entire point of Moon Knight's character. I think Miller would be able to do the edge that's littered in the books constantly but no idea if he can perfectly illustrate the psychedelic content. I'd be curious but interested.

Is that Bizarro speak or something? He fucking proved he's a godawful hack with that dumbass fucking event.
>hurr durrr but it's fuuuuun
Get some standards and then kill yourself.

DC isn't going anywhere. It makes profit.

Did they have a falling out after his X-men run?

> DC could very well meet the chopping block.
Yeah, I'm sure AT&T would be easily willing to part with the brand that makes up 50% of Warner's merchandising, some of their biggest blockbusters, and numerous television shows at this point where their merger has been approved by every country but the US where they're currently in the last part.

Snyder is, unironically, better than the majority of current Marvel writers.

Has Ewing ever written something better than "Black Mirror"? Or Kelly Thompson? Or Cheap Zdarsky?

More like during, Morrison fucking hated Jemas.

Also he just believes DC's characters are better because he thinks archetypes are more interesting than soap operas. In his Super Gods book he talks about how much he hated Justice League Intentional in the 80's

So did Lucasfilm

That depends on how Justice League does and how much AT&T wants to avoid Disney raising a stink to regulators about the merger.

>he just believes DC's characters are better because he thinks archetypes are more interesting than soap operas.
While Morrison is right, he himself is guilty of writing soapy things at Marvel.

>That depends on how Justice League does
It would if Wonder Woman wasn't the massive hit it was

>That depends on how Justice League does and how much AT&T wants to avoid Disney raising a stink to regulators about the merger.
Are you stupid? Even if Justice League makes just $1 at the box office that means they'd have to give up Batman and Wonder Woman just has a culture changing movie come out a few months ago. Look, I know the Marvel damage control squad is in full defense mode here to try and spin anything into a positive manner and has been trying to shit on Justice League for a couple of weeks now. But seriously, thinking this statement has any basis in realism is absurd and it's such a stretch that it's only laughable.

They'll hire YA writers

Morrison produced nothing but shit in his entire career

t. Marvel-only reader

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ORLANDO MARVEL.

If you did then I as a DC fan will have to cancel all my DC books and replace them with Marvel's entire line including all variants. PLEASE DON'T TAKE HIM MARVEL.

It doesn't matter. Just like Soule or Lemire, it will blow up right on their faces, and you know why? Because the problem at Marvel is bigger than a writer.

If they wanted to do something right, they should start hiring a good editor and tell Kevin Feige to fuck off with his synergy. That would be a real retaliation.

bendis will bring sjws with him

this is the end of dc

Nobody wants on marvels sinking ship besides tumblrinas

Feige and the MCU answer directly to Disney and is independent of Marvel.

The only way for Marvel to show that they are truly making a change for the better is replacing Breevort, Alonso, and Quesada

Lemire already gave up on Marvel. I'm sure Soule will come to his senses soon.

Marvel's new architects will be Zdarsky, Rivera and Thompson.

>I posted it again mom!
Seriously, did Marvel cut their shill budget? This is fucking terrible. There's multiple identical shitposts everywhere in these Bendis threads.

Retaliate? For DC relieving them of the burden of Bendis' ability to turn any title he's put on to shit?

I don't know, a fruit basket maybe?

Why do they keep putting out these fucking BP titles that just keep bombing? Only three characters in the current market can support multiple ongoings: Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman.

Are those names supposed to be impressive? Sounds like a Marvel shill trying to hype up the next Riveria.

Oh yes they do

>slott and aaron run marvel into the ground with Rivera & co.

Nothing of value was lost.

Make mine DC!

Metal is better than anything Marvel has put out for the last 5 years

>Why do they keep putting out these fucking BP titles that just keep bombing?

because corporate synergy and the MCU is hot stuff while the comics are yesterday's news

I can't wait for you to try repeating this after the last issue comes out.

>As are DC from their films
Are they really? What was with Johns going to DCEU meetings and doing Flash season 1, just a consultant-esque role?

Well when you don't have editors to pay it leaves more for interns to shill on 4chins
Who's going to replace him though? They still haven't gotten a replacement for Hickman or Remeder.

Johns got more power after BvS flopped. Before that Snyder was the one in charge.

A) That doesn't make it good
B) Vision.

More reasons to tell him to fuck off and leave them alone.

>Vision.
Whose author is a DC employee.

Doubtful. The only "web journalist" turned writer to ever be worth a damn is Kieron Gillen and Marvel is committed to keeping him only on Star Wars books for some bizarre reason.

I think hate is a strong word, he liked it at the start, but thought it was a waste of the Justice League property after Giffen/DeMatteis did nothing but comedy for roughly a decade

>What was with Johns going to DCEU meetings and doing Flash season 1, just a consultant-esque role?

Johns is the Chief Creative Officer at DCE, which encompasses both the comics, tv shows and movies.It's his job to shepherd the various tie-ins.

His comics jobs is actually his extracurricular activities. If Bendis flipped because of him, it's fair to say editorial follows him now.

It is Gillen who only wants to write cuck shit.

Or they'll hire an editor or someone from BC

tumbler critic n°175