Batman Beyond

This is the greatest incarnation of Batman.

In animated form, yes.

But what about The Batman?

How can BB be the greatest if that one is?

The Batman was actually very good. Best theme and joker too.

Nah. He's just Spider-Man 2099 with pointy ears.

Come on, guys. It wasn't THAT bad. Lackluster and a weird direction to take on the mythos (especially making Poison Ivy, and a character based around ecoterrorism and SEDUCTION, underage) perhaps, but not really a bad show. Beware the Batman was worse, honestly.

I wasn't being ironic, dumbass.

Also re: "seduction" - that's called trying too hard.
And 19 isn't even underage in the good old USA.

This show is a awesome hit.

>Also re: "seduction"
Is this Reddit formatting? Honest question; I don't go there and legitimately don't know what that kind of reply is supposed to be. In 10 years here I've never seen that.

And did they ever explicitly state her age? She's a highschool student and was friends with a 16-year-old Barbara.

Schway opinion my man

I think if anything, making Ivy more of an angry teen rebel was a nice change of pace from her usual sex-fueled self.

Wish they developed the idea of Ivy being friends with Barbara more. Like Two-Face in TAS, she lost all her interesting motivations after her origin episode and became just another villain.

It's e-mail formatting. Commonly used elsewhere.

Her age is from an interview with one of the crew.
Also only Americans think 16 is actually underage.

>Also only Americans think 16 is actually underage
That's because, in America, it legally is. And that's where Gotham is. There's no morality problem here, just a legal one. And as pointed out it was a unique idea, just that it's a very odd direction to take the character.

Like Penguin being a martial artist. That wasn't a bad idea at all... just a very weird one.

>defeated the Joker
>defeated Superman
Terry is best Batman.

>Like Penguin being a martial artist. That wasn't a bad idea at all... just a very weird one.
And one that got downplayed and eventually removed altogether.

How was she Aquaman's daughter? She was younger than Terry. Wasn't she supposed to be his granddaughter instead?

>That's because, in America, it legally is.
>t. Californian who thinks they own the country

Atlanteans age differently, I guess.

>Like Penguin being a martial artist.
That made The Laughing Bat a million times better than the awesome episode it already was.

Well, is the best Batman elseworld, and has the better main characters, that's for sure.

Terry is way nicer than Miguel, user.

>Beware the Batman was worse, honestly.

Not really. Beware the Batman actually had character arcs and a strong focus on its premise. The Batman didn't know what it wanted to be and did things for the sake being different.

How many times are you going to make this thread?

Literally the other way around. The Batman had an extremely tight character focus for every season, which gave it overarching continuity.

Jose Lopez, who designed for the show, confirmed it.

Pamela was never shown to be in school with Barbara. They were just friends outside of school. If anything, some college-age teen befriending a high school teen would probably give Jim more of a reason to worry about her.

>The Batman had an extremely tight character focus for every season,

Is that why Yin dropped from the face of the planet? Or they brought in Gordon out of nowhere and expected viewers to know they were off-screen allies all along? Or how they stopped focusing on Bruce being young after the first season? Or Batgirl being promoted by Batman after Maxie Zeus, only to demote her just in time for Robin to show up and let them in on the secret?

They had themes for each season, but they didn't really do much to advance stuff. You had individual character arcs for Clayface and maybe Hugo Strange, but most of the series was pretty empty.

Yes to all of those, because that's literally what I mean! They changed the character roster several times to keep the focus.

Yin's VA apparently couldn't return for season 3, but they still mentioned her which is enough.
Batgirl didn't get demoted, what the actual fuck are you talking about?

(Also it's admittedly hard to catch, but Gordon first appeared in the flashback in episode 2.)

>Batgirl didn't get demoted, what the actual fuck are you talking about?
Once Robin got introduced, Batgirl started showing up less and less. I think she stopped appearing altogether by the time they hit Season 5.

Where did you get this idea? She appeared in like every other episode in season 4, and several times in season 5 including the finale - where she gets to be in the closing shot of the whole series with Batman and Robin, and it's even implied her and Robin are looking to form the Teen Titans or something much like it.

(BTW there's actually one episode of season 5 where she appears but Robin doesn't.)

The Epilogue reveal ruined it for me.

>morons are feeding the chartnigger
Kill yourselves or at least learn to use the report button.

>Batgirl didn't get demoted, what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Batman gave her new tech and made her an official partner after fighting Maxie Zeus. Next time she shows up, Batman trusts Robin more than her, leaves her out of stuff, and has her low-tech belt again for some reason. Batman brings her into the fold by the end, but it feels repetitive after they already did something similar. Also, .

>(Also it's admittedly hard to catch, but Gordon first appeared in the flashback in episode 2.)

Is that supposed to be impressive? In comparison, Beware the Batman actually developed the relationship between Batman and Gordon, and had the latter go from a lowly lieutenant that distrusted Batman to a respected commissioner willing to risk his entire career to stand up for him. It's actually more satisfying.

Yeah. I get what they were getting for by saying Terry was his own man, regardless of sharing his DNA with Bruce, but it just feels so unnecessary. Terry had already proved that. It just felt like Timm and McDuffie throwing in a stupid twist.

He didn't take her to the Batcave in that episode. So there is no inconsistency.
>Is that supposed to be impressive?
I never claimed this show's writing was flawless
>Also, .
Did. You. Not. Read.

>Batman gave her new tech and made her an official partner after fighting Maxie Zeus. Next time she shows up, Batman trusts Robin more than her, leaves her out of stuff, and has her low-tech belt again for some reason. Batman brings her into the fold by the end, but it feels repetitive after they already did something similar.
I'm glad somebody else pointed this shit out. I wanted to like The Batman, but it kept half-assing everything, even its own attempts at continuity.

Except I've just debunked that in multiple posts.

Fucking shit, you haters are really reaching now.

The super best.

Do you think Terry is sexy with the ladies?

Terry was pretty much Peter Parker in bat suit

> (OP)
>Terry was pretty much Peter Parker in bat suit
If peter was extremely upfront, was sure of himself and didnt give a fuck in school sure.

Jamaican quadruped joker wasn't THAT good.

fucking rights! I was so disappointed they never did anything with Batman Beyond/Terry.

>quadruped
Confirmed for not watching the show.

Wasn't it canon that despite his behavioral shit, Terry got good grades?

Or maybe that was hyperbole.

It wasn't. He watched the first episode and dropped the show, guaranteed.

Is that a money back guarantee? Because you better pay up.

I will admit the show was a lot less memorable than BTAS though.

Eh? I don't think there were any rights issues with Beyond. They integrated Terry into the DCU. They included him in JLU a couple of times. They even made that animated short for the 75th Anniversary.

>Is that a money back guarantee? Because you better pay up.
Oh, definitely. I've deposited the $0 just now.
>I will admit the show was a lot less memorable than BTAS though.
It's a lot more memorable than any other Batman cartoon, largely because every season follows a clear character arc.

I disagree. All the versions of villains were much weaker and more forgettable. It didn't carry as good of an atmosphere as BTAS, or BB's for that matter.

Oh, kill yourself already,