Sonic Thread 11/7

It's launch day for Sonic Forces and Sega drops the last preamble comic, "RISE OF INFINITE"

I was asking if I should bother storytiming this in the other thread, but no one answered. Oh well, at least it's being done. Also,
I genuinely love this explanation as to why the last few Sonic games have mostly seen Eggman use only his classic badnik designs.

I Ctrl+F'd for "Sonic" and didn't find a thread so I started this one.

>Has a sword
>Never fucking uses it

also sucks we never got cutie jackal lady

>Rise of infinite

More like "Rise of the Edge"

What?

Its amazing how Eggman can do from silly to actually kind of scary just by blacking out his entire body, minus the eyes and mouth

>Literally just some edgelord who decides to join Eggman because he was bored of the world.
>All this just after he just tried to rob and kill him a few seconds ago

I mean I get he didn't have much of an option but yeah

No kidding. Comic Eggman can be pretty fucking unnerving when he wants to be while still having that comical flair

It's Sega, the hell did you expect? a good backstory?

That was way too sudden. Gotta go fast indeed.

Eggman tends to always be the best part of anything sonic related

and the Eggmanland vision looked pretty kickass too.

>anarchy beryl
>Too derivative
That's how you know for sure Ian wrote the dialogue.

Since all 4 now exist, I might as well post the other ones for

A) Anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

B) Establishing a more complete discussion with resources.

Huh, seems I spoke too soon.

"Stress Test", which seems to come after "Rise of Infinite"

In fact, now that I think about it... It looks like these comics have been a reverse countdown to the events of the game.

That's because the word isn't actually used in the OP

It's exactly like how it looked in Sonic Unleashed, which is actually pretty awesome.

Eh, whatever.

And now, "Looming Shadow"

>heh, i got this
>turns black
>shiny eye
>given kill command

calculate the edge and pray.

Bump

Anybody here play the game yet?

Wow did this thread empty out fast.

I want them to meet in a game, my shipping needs demand it

Would you guys like it if a weakened Infinite showed up as Eggman's enforcer in the IDW comics? He seems like an acceptable kind of villain for children.

I'd like it. Eggman's only recurring fighting minion is Metal Sonic. It's the whole reason he archie comic had to come up with the Egg Bosses. Eggman works really well when he has someone to order around, particularly someone more "serious" than he is.

Does anyone else seriously miss when Sonic had his mouth in the CENTER of his face as it should be? I can't stand the current trend of Side Mouth garbage that Sega went with since Heroes.

Only Tails and Vector maintain a central mouth and I guess Eggman (but he's human so it's expected for his mouth to be in the center).

I agree that it doesn't look great in 3D, but it's literally the first facial expression Sonic ever has.

You're right, that's a pretty interesting decision.

in what comic did this happen?

>Heterochromia
>Black outfit
>Edgy face scar on his face
>That fucking sword
Is Infinite edge incarnate?

>I AM THE SHARPEST OF BLADES

Is that a fact? Then back to work, soldier.

In his defense, I'm pretty sure he's only wearing boots and gloves and just has white stripes or maybe even weirdly placed scars.

...But yeah those boots and gloves are way too much for him to have before becoming Infinite.

Sonic Forces would've been a lot cooler as a fleshed out comic.

Maybe the IDW comic will be set in a post-forces games-based continuity where even if Eggman doesn't have a stranglehold on the world he still has a sizable global presence?

I'm not sure "cooler" would be the correct term, "less embarrassing" maybe?

Fuck you OP. I've been waiting all day to play Forces but then I saw your post so I decided to read the comic while I was waiting for someone. And now I don't like Infinite. I loved him for being a mysterious over the top anime edgelord but now he just seems lame to me.

I fucking love Eggmans design, he has to be one of the best designed villains ever. The dude can look like a total goofball one minute, and send a chill down your spine the next minute. His wacky design is a perfect mix of amusing goofy scientist and downright uncanny old man.

HE'S NOT WEEEEEEEEAAAAAAK

Fuck it, I'll post the rest of the scene.

treasure team tango

So Infinite got out-edged by Ow the Edge and vowed to become the sharpest edge to ever edge as revedgence? That's literally it?

>He’s a charmer who wins people over and then all of the sudden there’s way more teeth in his smile than should fit in there, and you realize you’ve never seen his eyes, and he kindly reminds you that just because something is funny doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous.

I REALLY want Mike Pollock to read this but he's kind of iffy about that kind of stuff

It's definitely several degrees darker than he signed up for, like even in Forces, Eggman's dialogue didn't seem to get that dark.

Shadow and Amy NEED to be silver's parents

Quick! Post your face when you knew Forces was a bad idea!

Shut up Boco.

Yes sir...

>Let's murder and rob Eggman
>Hey wanna work for me?
>Ok

Why is Coldsteel being pushed so hard anyways?

Sega is appeasing the fanbase. They know they can do a lot more better.

Can you imagine Mike Pollock's Eggman in SatAM?

It'd be SatAM in terms of plot, but Eggman would be like he is in Forces.

Man, this implied that Eggman utilized the Phantom Ruby far better than Classic Eggman ever did. And classic Eggman studied up on it and dug it up while current Eggman found it on his doorstop one day.

It seems like extended use might cause backlash, which is why Eggman needed Infinite as an intermediary until he had his robot finished.

Not to mention Modern Eggman just fucking replicated the damn thing.

The Ruby in Mania might be one of the many discarded prototypes, since it has a different design.

He's clearly someone who had little morals to begin with, and it's a perfect setup for him meeting Eggman and showing off his abilities.
Personally I thought it was perfect.

His group were scavengers. They weren't attacking Eggman out of some ideological differences, they just figured he would be an easy target to knock over and take his stuff. Presumably, they're pretty good at this. They seem organized and have probably been doing this routine, living from one raid to the next, for as long as Infinite can remember. It makes sense he'd be bored, and that at the leader, his ambitions might outstrip "gather enough junk to prosper for another few months".

He joined Eggman as soon as he realized he'd actually have him, and it's not like he had any alternative. Would you really prefer if he was just "Oh woe is me, I don't WANT to serve Eggman but muh surrogate family is threatened"? That shit is just as old hat. At least being an insane edgelord gives him something unique. Shadow is motivated because of muh past, Fang/Nack is a simple gun-for-hire, Eggman wants to control and perfect the world... Infinite just wants to fuck shit up.

So this implies that the Ruby not only creates illusions, but it can make whatever you want real as long as you wield it? That's why the Hardboiled Heavies were a thing.

Ah, Shadow's signature Double hammer teleport.

*teleport behinds you*

This made me remember those fake Emeralds he made in Sonic X. Really wish they would do something like that in the games. Hell, even Tails made one.

>sonic & tails & amy
& KNUCKLES (memes aside, I wish he'd been included)
How the fuck do you miss that until it's that close

>that fucking hand in panel 1

What's with the MS Paint effect?

Is this art by the Mega Drive comic artist? Silver in the last panel looks straight outta that style.

Twitter accidentally uploaded the WIP pages.

Lol. I thought OP edited the pics in little ways to avoid copyright or something, but that makes more sense. Sonic always had a thing for releasing the unfinished version of a product to the public.

That's Tyson Hesse.

This is Adam Bryce Thomas.

Best sidequest ever.

Really? The style and expressions are incredibly similar. Guess it's just a happy coincidence.

fuck that, shadow needs a cool chick to be his girl
not some fucking goober like amy