Castlevania

Why was it so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/1pwuut6nxj9e5fh/Castlevania Blood Alliance #1.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/733csyipg1z9evk/Castlevania Blood Alliance #2.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/0vzxs0hdk7lo08p/Castlevania Blood Alliance #3.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/ctwcsodm38kn4gd/Castlevania Blood Alliance #4.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They didn´t get to the titular Castlevania. They also tried to make a religion vs science argument on a series where magic is clearly real and religion can actually fight demos.

Director couldn't stop preaching "Church bad, atheism good." How do you take the simple concept of adventurers killing an evil vampire, and then tack on so much political bullshit?

It was fine for something based off a thing based off what it was. I enjoyed it. I didn't like how they made it into a science vs religion thing, yeah, but still very enjoyable.

Except they didn't do that you whiny tards. Trevor beat back the demons with a consecrated whip and the aid of a priest. They only criticized the witch-burning era church, a pretty reasonable thing to do. And Vlad "I denounce God" Tepes is still very much the bad guy.

I think the writter just didn´t knew the source material, why else would he made a science vs religion plot on a story where the science side of the argument can also sumon demons.

>It was fine for something based off a thing based off what it was
What do you mean by that? It was actually pretty bad compared video game adaptations usually get off pretty well

I liked it. My only complaints are no Castlevania inspired music at all and a severe lack of variety in the monsters. At least have some zombies instead of generic gargoyle demons and some dog things. Besides that, great stuff.

>no Castlevania inspired music
Yeah, this actually bothered me. Everything else was great, and the science vs religion thing clearly wasn't actually a thing. When a demon tells your corrupt priest that his work would offend God before offing him, that's less of a belief statement and more "look at what a huge fucking asshole this guy was that he needs a hellspawn to point out what a hypocrite he is".

Jesus you fags are stupid. Like drooling mongoloid levels of stupid. Were you too busy huffing the stink of your taints pay even a little attention to what little there was?

Why would you make it to begin with when the church literally is in the right

>bad
dank meme, bro

>teleports behind you

Woman detected

These are nice drawings but holy shit this animation is so floaty and slow.

This looks awful.

Simple, no Castlevania music.

Because it was written by Ellis.

>banning belmonts
>literally in the right
no way jose

It was really boring until the last 2 episodes.
I hated how Trevor spent most of his time fighting regular humans. Castlevania needs more monster slaying.
I really hated how they didn't bring in any of the actual Castlevania monsters or music. This franchise has some one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. A fully orchestrated version of Bloody Tears or Vampire Killing slamming in right at the beginning of an epic brawl would have been amazing.

Did they not burn a witch that married the devil himself?

This .webm is nothing but smears and there's a single good one in it.

It wasn't.

>church is in the right

Look, even if Lisa was technically consorting with someone who was essentially the most powerful demon on Earth, her studies helped people and she actually got the immortal nearly all-powerful super demon to calm the fuck down. What good would it do them to piss off the guy that was content on brooding in his castle and eating the odd holy man seeking to make a name trying to kill Dracula up to that point?

That and they banished the Belmonts, that's fuckup number 2.

Wasn't the second 'season' supposed to be out at the end of the year?

>but her studies helped people
Ah, the infamous appeal to emotion. In a world where demons and magic exists. The church is in the right to burn witches at the stake. It's that fucking simple.

You know what's sad?

Robert Atkins and Quinn Johnson were working on Castlevania: Blood Alliance, a comic adaptation of Dracula's Curse. It never pushed through but from the look of things, it would've been far more faithful to the games' lore than Ellisvania.

Issue 1: dropbox.com/s/1pwuut6nxj9e5fh/Castlevania Blood Alliance #1.pdf?dl=0

Issue 2: dropbox.com/s/733csyipg1z9evk/Castlevania Blood Alliance #2.pdf?dl=0

Issue 3: dropbox.com/s/0vzxs0hdk7lo08p/Castlevania Blood Alliance #3.pdf?dl=0

Issue 4: dropbox.com/s/ctwcsodm38kn4gd/Castlevania Blood Alliance #4.pdf?dl=0

tl;dr, this should've been the movie

>movie
>SERIES

I liked it. My only issue was the pacing being a bit slow.

it wasnt

They didn't even know that at the time, they just freaked out over some lab equipment.

But she was a witch. And that's why she got burned at the stake.

this sums up my main complaint, an ok series for what it is, but a lot of missed potential, tho i hope the confirmed 2nd season fixes that

>"they're in the right because they're just in the right"
Wow, you really are a Christian.

They were idiots, that's why she got burned at the stake. Or from another angle, the Bishop wanted everyone to keep living their shitty lives to better keep them under control and Lisa's science was disrupting that.

You guys are so fucking cute. Why not make out?

In any case at least this bullet was dodged

>In November 2005, Crystal Sky Pictures acquired the rights to adapt the video game series into a motion picture. The company attached Paul W. S. Anderson to write and direct the film adaptation, with production slated to begin in mid-2006.

>In December 2007, Rogue Pictures halted active development of Castlevania due to the writers' strike and, later, the sale of the studio to Relativity Media and possibility of a screen actors' guild strike.On May 27, 2009, the Castlevania film was reported as officially canceled.

>witch remains good-natured in spite of being betrothed to a literal demon
>demon does not hurt a soul during this time, essentially submits himself to the whims of a mortal woman
>"We'll kill his bitch when he's not looking, nothing'll go wr-
>*cut to the previously established mile-long field of impaled skeletons in front Dracula's impenetrable castle*
>... ong, we'll bag her next the time she leaves his place, that'll teach him."

Nah, they fucked up worse than if they just left him alone.

That's a long sword.

>Christian Slater as Trevor Belmont

What show were you watching?

>but nature

No Grant Da Nasty

that's excellently choreographed, not gonna lie

>fuck around with demon's only anchor to whatever compassion he has left for humanity
>get fucked up
>banish the only people that can stop you getting from getting fucked up because reasons
>get everyone else fucked up
>continue to get fucked up, and helpless to do anything about it
>all because they had to be "right"

The only complaints about this were:

-Too short
-No classic CV music
-Not enough monster variety

False equivalence

I thought the demons and the cyclops were from the games, just utterly simplified and colored black.
The other points on it being short and no classic music are valid though.

Yet.

The cyclops is right out of 3. The main demon who chews out the bishop is, according to some fans, a loose version of the Lesser Demon enemy, but I don't see it.

But hey, season 2 has plenty of chances. At the very least, lets hope we get Medusa heads.

Indeed. This didn't even have the whip being used because it was considered a weak weapon with no impact unlike a sword, and just got worse from there according to articles about the script.

I missed it, what game was Zari "playing"? I know the sounds are stock but the games are usually real.

the teleport is the only cool thing here and mostly due to nostalgia.

Science give be fucking Satan

>Why was it so bad?
>Simple, no Castlevania music.
That was certainly a big part of it. It is insane that they couldn't get the music rights.

More likely Konami wouldn't let them.

Alternatively: how much of a butthurt loser do you have to be to keep falseflagging this series?
Seriously that shit got old the week this premiered, move on already.

I liked it
Also shouldn't this be on Sup Forums?

If the church was in the right, then how come the bishop's church was literally abandoned by God, allowing demons to enter?

I don't think any of those terms apply here. You just have a persecution complex.

'Cause the Bishop was a dick.
Better question, will Sypha sleep with Alucard and give birth to Simon?

4 episodes

i am not the one getting mad about my own made up bullshit

I don't know, stop asking me questions about things I've never watched.

I jacked off so many times to the ballbusting scenes. They were so good.

Also it was boring for about 75% of it.