DC MAGIC ISN'T REAL MAGIC, ONLY MARVEL MAGIC IS

>DC MAGIC ISN'T REAL MAGIC, ONLY MARVEL MAGIC IS
What did Hickman mean by this?

That Doctor Strange is the MOTHERFUCKING SORCERER SUPREME and that he'll buttrape Dr. Fate

Strange don't need no helmet, B

That he doesn't know what he's talking about.

>haha who needs DC? I'll work for Marvel forever
>what do you mean Dan Didio won't return my calls??
>muh Legion ;_;

>sorcerer and wizard get into an argument.jpg

It's the fact that Stephen Strange IS the sorcerer supreme, while Dr. Fate is a guy wearing a helmet that turns him into Dr. Fate.

I feel exactly this way but completely the opposite.

Fate would fuck Strange up and it's not even fucking close. Kent specifically right now is on another fucking plane of existence.

Hickman likes to suck his own dick a little too much.

Wrong, Kent and other Fates had magical abilities without the Helm.

Hahaha not this time dcfag.

That Warner Bros Harry Potter is bad

Yeah, for real, he was Dr Fate in appearance but in actuality was just harry fuckin' potter.

The rest of the Justice League inserts handed the Illuminati their asses, and Strange only kicked Harry Potter's butt because Strange sold all his soul.

trips don't lie, but how as all of that conveniently forgotten when World War Hulk wrecked him?

I hate that because nobody references that anymore.

Both Strange and Nightcrawler have no souls, and they are the same good kind heroes they have always been.

The only character I know who went from hero to absolute fucking evil psycho is Trevor Fitzroy, who was resurrected without a soul by Layla Miller.

He was feeling regret since he knew sending Hulk away was wrong. So his magic was acting all wonky.

>My cloak doesn't work under these conditions

I will buy that explanation. And yeah, Dr. Strange was always OP as fuck during the 70's and 80's. In current times the only thing holding Strange back is his conscience and desire to allow reality a chance to sort itself out.

If he set his mind to decimate any super villain or hero group that needed putting down, realistically they'd go down. Doom is the only one who would give him pause simply because he's Doom.

Written by Greg "I suck gamma cock" Pak.

You know this is true.

Eat it and weep Strangefags.

Both of them would get destroyed by Lucifer.

What is Merlin in DC anyway? I recall that at the start of New 52, Constantine had Merlin's sword or something and was running around as if he was Hellblazer but I don't remember him in anything else.

Merlin is the half-brother to Etrigan and Son of Belial, a archdemon who once ruled Hell as a triumvirate.

In the New 52 Merlin is called Adam One, he was born at the start of the universe, he's the son of Satan and the founder of StormWatch, a team created to destroy Brainiac.

but throwing old L-dawg in the mix is unfair

Yeah, Strange just needs to make deals with demons to do shit huh.

I'll admit to being a total casual when it comes to Dr. Fate, but in YJ Wally is fucking shit at using the helmet because he has zero aptitude for magic. Kent Nelson on the other hand made a mystic shield-bubble without the helmet that was strong enough to keep Klarion out for a good while. So that to me makes it seem like Nabu just augments the wearer's already powerful magic.

what is this from
i don't remember this from Hickman's avengers run, was it a Secret Wars thing or something? Dr. Strange tie-in?

All New Avengers I think.

It's from Hickman's New Avengers run. Not All-New.

He'd get punked by Constantine. Somehow.

>People don't recognise Tim Hunter

>we never got Boundless to join the Squadron Supreme
>instead we got the shitty Black Blur
Man, I liked Squadron Supreme, but they really dropped the fucking ball with the speedster

>The only character I know who went from hero to absolute fucking evil psycho is Trevor Fitzroy, who was resurrected without a soul by Layla Miller.

Strong Guy got the same treatment, but once he learned about what Layla's resurrection cost him, he instead turned into a cynical asshole who needlessly sacrifices himself.

But six more of constantine's friends would die

Luci gets punked by Jesus.

Didn’t that also show how Marvel heroes failed at being heroes by comparing them to their DC counterparts

lmao, Dr. Strange is literally a rip-off of Dr. Fate. Jesus, even in the JLA vs. Avengers comics fucking Scarlett Witch admits DC's magic is wilder and more powerful than Marvel magic, she becomes stronger in DC's universe because DC has a larger pantheon of Gods/Magical properties.

"Losing" to Constantine would be part of Lucifer's ultimate keikaku.

Too easy, Over void stomps.

Fitzroy was a hero?

That isn't what's happening at all
Strange is commenting more on the fact that The Norn appears to be an untrained novice when it comes to magic and is only as powerful as he is thanks to various artifacts

Doctor Fate in his most iconic variations like Kent Nelson or Hector Hall have been accomplished sorcerers themselves in addition to the power the Helm gives them

Taking this page as a slight against DC is just you being a faggot and trying to start company wars bullshit and only contributes to an overly divisive climate among fans that makes it all but impossible for us to get cool moments like pic related

If more fans demanded it, instead of constantly grouping under a single companies banner and flinging shit at everyone else, we might be able to get another crossover between the Big 2 in our lifetimes

The source of Strange's power is jobbing.

>Hello, Lucifer, I am your writer.

Idiots gotta idiot although to be fair Tim wouldn't need Fate's helmet to do anything - all it would do is enhance and give him access to additional abilities so presumably they think Hickman doesn't know better and just said, "draw some Harry Potter looking kid."

If you HAD to bet your soul, what do you think actually was going through Hick's brain?

Dr Fate? More like Dr FAIL!

>If more fans demanded it,

Sadly, the larger number of fans is now casuals - and this is the world we live in - where people vote people off survivor for money or the audience votes people on or off reality shows whether they have talent or are just schemers trapped in a house.

In terms of something like this, it's not going to happen as long as certain people are in charge at Marvel. Disney and Warners are also not as cooperative as studios have been or can be, although that might change once AT&T takes control, but either way, you never know what impact the change in corporate ownership would have potentially kept this from happening THEN (even after Warners bought DC, they essentially ignored it and let it run as its own thing and make their own decisions up until the recent years).

Isnt that johnny sins

No, it's Zinedine Zidane.

Isn't Dr. Strange just marvel's rip off of DC's Dr. Fate? How can a knock off be better than what it's knocking off?

how many times has Strange sold his soul?
and is it even worth anything?

Nice bait, man.

Remember the time Stephen Strange killed a child?

yes, it's a retcon but now (as in, since like 2009) it's canon.
he was a hero before being resurrected without a soul. and he had to be resurrected without a soul because he was the only one who could stop the guy that was about to kill all mutants (that is why that guy had shot Fitzroy in the head a few pages earlier)

>the guy that was about to kill all mutants
Doesn't that happens, like, every other week?

Marvel needs a canon form of getting your soul back. Perhaps killing an altenative version of yourself with your own hans, so Guido would have to do some dimensional hopping until finding an evil Guido to kill. (AoA Guido was evil but I am sure he died)

there is always a guy or cloud or virus trying to kill all mutants, but this was a we have minutes left situation

>"I'll just cast a fire spell on this Martian Manhu- YAAAAARRRGGGHHH"

>Whoever the hack writting it wants to win
this

In a previous issue of New Avengers, it was revealed he didn't have enough soul to sell.

which is even dumber.

Tim hunter+Fate would have fucking wrecked Strange.

yeah.
Homi-magi half-demon. lover/mentor of Nimeu(Madame Xanadu.)

Motherfucker, do you even know who that is? That is not some chump like Dr Fate. That is the most powerful magician ever, from the formation of the universe to the end of it there will never be a magician more powerful than Timothy Hunter. Timothy Hunter created an entire multiverse just by wanting it!

wrong again, Lucifer is afraid of Timothy Hunter because not even God has the power to alter reality like Tim can.

Lucifer would flatly win against whatever scheme is happening involving Constantine.

But John would steal his wallet.

>keikaku means plan.

DCs CHAOS magic though

The larger number of fans have always been casuals, even when comic books were more common. Things like the Marvel zombies were always outliers, and the collect them all mentality is mostly a product of the speculation bubble. To put things in perspective, Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons was originally a very specific parody of a type of comic book fan - not a general parody.

That whole event was fucking stupid

>THE MULTIVERSE IS ENDING AND THEY'RE ALL HAVING FIGHTS WITH EACH OTHER
>Aren't there infinite universes spawned every attosecond? And wouldn't the "what if" principle render the whole thing moot by having all the situations go in a myriad of ways?
>NO, DON'T YOU SEE EVERYTHING DIES.

I've only seen one thing do a multiversal extinction event right; fucking Ben 10 Omniverse where super timeywimey shit instantly deletes all the timelines at the same moment except for one.

Is DCs CHAOS magic the result of Dr. Manhattan having created the DC multiverse all along?

he mean Supes can fuck hulk up any time any where

Strange having no soul was retconned with Secret Wars, and while he had no soul he was a huge dick.

stop making stuff up user

Can he tame Lovecraftian Gods?

He didnt, it was just that harry potter isnt as advanced as spectre.

But Johns destroyed the basis of dc magic anyway by getting rid of shazam and starting that whole mess with Pandora.

Dc magic is dead, just like cosmic dc

Don't give johns more dumb ideas

Guys, guys, settle down.

Jared Stevens would kick both asses.

>But Johns destroyed the basis of dc magic anyway by getting rid of shazam

The wizard was never the basis of anything. If anything the conflict between the lords of chaos/order was the center of it that even the Wizard got folded into it as a lord of order. Vertigo was a whole different cake though.

that isn't a Dr. Fate analogue

we're meant to think that, but the twist is that he's a kid like billy batson who was stealing magical items to pretend to be a big badass like Fate

if it was a true Dr. Fate, he's give Strange a bigger battle but would ultimately lose because that strange is super amplified in selling chunks of his soul for more power. it's just a fucking kid that stands no chance

even then a true 1v1, Strange should win 99/10

Trips of truth.

He's an amalgam of DC magic characters. He's one part Tim Hunter, one part Captain Marvel/SHAZAM and one part Dr. Fate.

>art really costs
He means he wants to write hellblazzer but they won't let him.

Read demon knights.

Or don't because Demon Knights isn't canon.

How so?

>Strange don't need no helmet, B
But he does need a cape

tl;dr

>DC Magic is dead

Do you fucking read comics or just wiki summaries?

Isn't the only xurrent magic ongoing hellblazer?
I suppise blue bettle is magic ight now