Who says Disney can't be stopped?

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/disney-s-punishment-los-angeles-times-causes-backlash-n818291

>Facing a growing backlash and accusations that it was overreacting to critical press coverage, the Walt Disney Company announced Tuesday that it would no longer punish The Los Angeles Times over an article the company didn't like.

>Disney had retaliated against the Times after the newspaper published an investigative report last month on the company's tax benefits from the city of Anaheim, California. The company said the newspaper's reporters would no longer be welcome at advance screenings of Disney movies.

>That decision produced a loud protest over Disney's tactics, along with threats of boycotts against the entertainment giant and of banishing its movies from awards consideration.

>On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, the New York Film Critics Circle, the Boston Society of Film Critics and the National Society of Film Critics issued a joint statement saying they had voted to “disqualify Disney films from year-end awards consideration until said blackout is publicly rescinded.”

Haha, fuck yeah. No one in the biz deserves to be put in his place more than Bob Iger.

Fuck yeah. It's nice seeing Disney getting pushed back.

GET FUCKED MOUSE

The Mouse always wins though... you'll see.

But wouldn't Disney just start its own awards show for itself?

I hope so. That way the Chinese fucking things will get a chance at the Oscars.

I want to give that man's kin AIDS...and not him, just specifically his family members.

>“We’ve had productive discussions with the newly installed leadership at The Los Angeles Times regarding our specific concerns, and as a result, we’ve agreed to restore access to advance screenings for their film critics.”
So in other words, Disney probably bought a controlling stake in the newspaper, fired the people who offended them, and the paper will never print another negative story about the big D again

Yeah, that'll show them

>Disney later confirmed its decision with a statement from a spokesperson: “We’ve had productive discussions with the newly installed leadership at The Los Angeles Times regarding our specific concerns, and as a result, we’ve agreed to restore access to advance screenings for their film critics.”

This isn't getting enough attention.

God I fucking hate this soulless greedy as fuck company.

>"This is your grand move against us? To not include us in your pathetic little award ceremonies? As if our past attendance was anything more than a courtesy on our part. Understand this, you miserable wretches, this does not phase us. All this will do is strengthen our core while you wither and rot in your own feeble echo chambers, whining to each other about how much you hate our success as we continue to grow and thrive. Did you really think anyone would support you over us? Do you truly believe that you even remotely have the same kind of power over the hearts and minds of the masses that we do? Idiots. Our influence goes deeper than anything you can comprehend. Asking the average person to fight against us is like asking them to raise a hand against their own family, they would rather die than try to attack us. But you, you have nothing. You are nothing, and it is about time that you realize how meaningless you are without us. You will learn the true power of the mouse."

Two years from now; Walt Disney Company purchase of LA Times finalized

Call me when they own the failing New York Times.

bump

The mouse always wins. This is but a minor setback.

>Kike critics REEEEEEEEEing together

>the newly installed leadership
Fuck. The mouse always wins

Why is it spelled with a backwards G?

dont say mouse. This is way above the original characters Walt made. Hes rolling over in his fucking grave at the sight of what his lifes work has become. Jew ran liberal stronghold. Literally the opposite of we he stood for in all ways. Sad.

>all I know about Disney is the popular stories I read on the internet
He was hiring black animators, paying them the same amount for their work he was paying whites (rare as a fucking unicorn in the industry back then) and put a few jewish people in high positions in his company. Not a single non-white person who worked with him has confirmed any of the "Disney was a racist" rumors you hear so often. He seems a bit backwards by today's standards, but he was a shining liberal of his times.

So fuck off. Walt often acted like a control obsessed dick, but he was a dick to everyone regardless of color or religion.

Then he was fair. I'm okay with that.

That's a stylized D you windowlicker

A distraction from their purchase of Fox

The mouse replaced the heads at the newspaper. They're literally pulling Orwellian moves in front of the public and no one is giving a shit

People saying the mouse always wins and are pulling shady shit. But you gotta remember that these foundations start to crumble slowly when you pull out that one jenga piece that you should not had pulled. This is only the beginning.

kinda sad how only the critics can save us from Disneys tyranny

Are you a retard? Look at ,
They literally bought shares and fired the people who talked shit.

Just wait user

I was pretty confident something like this would happen eventually. Disney has gotten INSANELY overconfident as of late, not to mention extremely bold. They keep pushing at various industry fields trying to see how much control they can take, so I'm glad someone's pushing back.

Great, now they'll find some other way to kill the newspaper.

How can one corporation be so fucking evil?

It is simple user. Lose your morals and ethics. You'll realize you can make anyone do anything with the right amount of cash.