In another universe we actually got to see a non-meme version of Thor Ragnarok

>In another universe we actually got to see a non-meme version of Thor Ragnarok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boring and awful like Thor 2

This.

>In another version we got to see a Planet Hulk that wasnt reduced to comic relief and setting in a Thor movie.

I would take a comedy Thor over an epic wannabee Thor like Thor 2 myself. Just enjoy the comedy. Laughter makes life better

in another universe the DC movies are actually good

>>>reddit

>In another universe there's an OP who isn't a faggot that gets triggered by the concept of humor in superhero movies

Fpbp. I haven't seen 3 yet, but I like how it looks bright like Kirby and Simonson's stuff. Why would anyone want a repeat of Thor 1 and 2

Right, I forgot this is the land of misery and pretend comic book readers. My bad.

In the first scene alone Ragnarok delivered a Thor movie more than either of the previous ones. Thor fights Surtur and his minions for his crown before being teleported back to Asgard with the Bifrost. That's classic fucking Thor. Much moreso than depowered Thor meandering around Midgard or Thor fighting CG Dark Elves that aren't really Dark Elves.

The new one is just awful

Improvement?

>Just enjoy the comedy. Laughter makes life better
There’s a time and a place for everything. If I want a comedy, I’ll watch Airplane. Thor is supposed to be for epic, large-scale battles and Viking shit with Jack Kirby elements. Minimal quips. But no, we can’t have that. Instead we get a monkey in a Thor costume who does backflips for loose change.

>pretend comic book readers.
Remind me what issue of Thor quipped about orgies.

>muh quips
Oh fuck off, the Simonson and Kirby runs had their fair share of jokes too. Quit pretending they were angst-ridden tragedies.

>epic, large-scale battles

What do you call the final sequence if not an epic large scale battle? I hope you're not implying a Thor movie should be LoTR because it's not and has never been.

>Viking shit

Marvel's Thor is sci-fi/fantasy Norse Mythology but please tell me when it's been viking shit.

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE REVISING HISTORY!
It was universally agreed the non Loki humor was the first parts of the first 2 films, I recall people begging for them to be more epic and serious.

>Thor doesn’t qu-

No they were begging for them to not be shit. Ragnarok is actually a good film compared to the other two. That's the difference.

>I hope you're not implying a Thor movie should be LoTR because it's not and has never been.
Your right it should be far more grand and epic then those.

No, people agreed that Earth was the worst parts.

>It was universally agreed the non Loki humor was the first parts of the first 2 films
WORST parts I meant to say.

Ragnarok was pretty much this picture. What fucking more could you want?

Ragnarok was grand and epic in scale though.

>let's turn every character into deadpool because...I like jokes!Jokes are funny!

No, the Earth parts were considered the worst.

Meanwhile in the DCEU....

"revolutionary injection of comedy" JL has been planned to be a quip fest since day 1.

The dark tragic-ness of Thor - Disassembled.
It should have ended with Thor summoning the lorn bolt to kill Hela and destroys Asgard as a tragic side effect.

You know you can do the same shit on reverse.

>Let's try to do the same shit that made the 2 first movies completely awful because of Natalie Portman
>Let's do this as grimdark and serious as possible, surely this will make every Snyderfan happy.
>Let's make comic-fags (the people who make the least money for movies) happy.

And I said comic-fags, not comic-fans, there's a lot of difference.

Instead now Thanos will kill the Asgardians without a shred of emotional resonance.

Marvel said the original Raganarok script was too dark. I wonder what that version would look like.

>quipping an easy joke with some bystanders who look funny
is the same as
>durrr he's a friend from work
>duuurrr i was looking for some rocks called infinity stones
>duuuuuurrrr le get help

>if I add durrrrrrr to my examples they'll look dumber
user, you're just making your case look even more retarded than it already was.

In another universe, the parents of decided to go through with the abortion

>dark tragic-ness

I think DC is more your speed.

Your argument is just sounding like "This is what I daydreamed Thor Ragnarok would be and it was so epic, guys!".

>>Let's do this as grimdark and serious as possible, surely this will make every Snyderfan happy.
This has nothing to fucking do with Snyder.
The best Thor stories (dissassmbled, godbutcher/bomb, simonson) have always been pretty dead serious.

Yes Simonson had fun breaks like frog Thor but it also had Odin tragically sacrifice himself against Surtur, it had Thor's body be destroyed battling the World's serpent and so he had to wear a suit of armor to keep his guts from spilling out.

Are you trying to imply Ragnarok didn't get dark or tragic? Odin, The Warriors 3, and Skurge all died. Asgard was destroyed. Thor lost a fucking eye. That's pretty dark and tragic. Who gives a shit if it had jokes?

>godbutcher/bomb
>Best

Get out.

WHAT PART OF APOCALYPSE OF THE FUCKING GODS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
This isn't my personal ideal version, it is something inherent to the core concept of the fucking story.

This would be like making Rogue One or Old Man Logan bright happy and cheery.

This isn't 616 Thor you dumb cunt. It doesn't need to be. Why just rehash things that are already in the comics when you can breath new life into classic ideas?

>non-meme version
>marvel movie

Maybe in a dimmension where marvel fans arent autistic milleniuns and reddit dwellers?

If anything, Ragnarok had the most tragic ending of any MCU film.

They went a whole 5 minutes without someone quipping or some kind of gag happening.

But user that's not what Ragnarok was in this universe. It was just Asgard being destroyed. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 adaptation from the comics you dumb faggot.

>Odin, The Warriors 3, and Skurge all died. Asgard was destroyed
WITH NO EMOTIONAL WEIGHT WHATSOEVER, the critics actively praised it for having no dramatic weight, does that not sound fucked up to you?

>WITH NO EMOTIONAL WEIGHT WHATSOEVER

I thought all of it was pretty emotional. Something doesn't need washed out colors or somber music to be emotional.

kill yourself, it's the final form for all people who hate fun

And critics actively praised Wonder Woman because it had a female protagonist. What's your point?

that's this universe faglord

>If anything, Ragnarok had the most tragic ending of any MCU film.
The Asgardians are still alive, there is nothing lastingly tragic about it. Now they will be killed by Thanos as a fucking after thought.

>It doesn't have to be a 1:1 adaptation from the comics you dumb faggot
I am not asking for it to be, I am asking that it be given the same emotional power and gravitas that they gave to the Winter Solider arc the least.

Well, Thor Ragnarok already has some dark things in it; it is just that the humor hides it all.

Just about all Valkyries were murdered by Hela except for one

Bruce was Hulk for a long time on Sakaar, and killed many people who were forced to partake in the gladiatorial combat : Likely many were innocent

Hela massacred the Asgardian army plus some of Thor's pals

Thor's home was destroyed by Surtur and now Thor and his people have to find a new home

So i'd imagine the same movie, but without much of the comedy

>Odin dies
>Thor loses an eye
>Asgard destroyed
>Thor lost Mjolnir and his eye
>Tons of Asgardians including the Warriors 3 die

Sounds like an Apocalypse to me.

>Likes Rogue One

Why do edgefags have such shit taste?

You nigga don't understand Ragnarok at all.

The whole point of it is that it's a cycle that leads to a brighter, happier story, even when really crazy and sometimes awful shit happens.

BESIDES, if you were an actual Thor reader, you'd know he had faced Ragnarok more times than Super has died, and each time almost everyone had survived.

This is pretty much (you) wanting a movie to be something you have no idea how it works.

>raging in all caps

Yeah and you autists probably memed about that version too.

>The Asgardians are still alive
a lot of them fucking aren't.

I meant in MCU, not cheap-ass animation.

Someone has to call attention to the retardation of it, otherwise you'll just pass it as 'good writing' like usual

>WITH NO EMOTIONAL WEIGHT WHATSOEVER

>"I want a brutal apocalypse!"
>"Waaaahhhh wheres my feels?"

>I am asking that it be given the same emotional power and gravitas that they gave to the Winter Solider arc the least.

Just because this is Thor's Winter Soldier doesn't mean it has to literally be Winter Soldier. People meme about Marvel being unoriginal but I can't think of the last movie that balanced humor and tragedy so well in a film. Just aping Winter Soldier would have been fine but really more of the same.

>talking to Justice League shills

>nothing lastingly tragic about it. Now they will be killed by Thanos as a fucking after thought.

Thats tragic dumbass.

You just pasting on durrrrr to it doesn't mean it's bad writing you dumb faggot.

>making fun of a Make-a-Wish child
you should die.

If giving morons their quips helps to keep the comic industry alive its a good thing, user

>>Likes Rogue One
>Why do edgefags have such shit taste?
There is nothing edgy about Rogue One.
>BESIDES, if you were an actual Thor reader, you'd know he had faced Ragnarok more times than Super has died, and each time almost everyone had survived.
I am aware of all that but they will never do a 2nd Ragnarok story in the Mcu, so they blew there last chance to do something as powerful as it has the potential to be.

>spend whole movie trying to save your entire race
>succeed
>not even 24 hours later they're wiped out by some edgy faggot looking for some space rocks
>not tragic

It will probably have a brief moment of emotionality that is squashed by Taika's self insert "Korg" saying some dumbass quip.

I will concede you have a point there however I bet you they will do it off screen like gutless fucking cowards.

>There is nothing edgy about Rogue One

>But they will never do a 2nd Ragnarok story in the Mcu, so they blew there last chance to do something as powerful as it has the potential to be.

Says who? Have you never seen how many world ending threats Thor has had in the comics?
Mangog, The Midgard's Serpent, FUCKING SURTUR, Cul Borson, The God Butcher, Enchantress among others.

You seriously underestimate how much potential has Thor 3 has actually brought, and now there's this big chance Marvel wil do another trilogy, plus Hernsworth isn't as old as RDJ or as focused on other stuff as Evans, he has a brighter chance to return as Thor.

In another universe Sup Forums and Reddit are reversed

>You just pasting on durrrrr to it doesn't mean it's bad writing you dumb faggot.
It's lazy writing

Ragnarok was rather disappointing for me. It was absolutely riddled with a form of humor I do not find funny at all explained very nicely in this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o

I don't hate humor, but all means the Apple store scene in Winter Solider is great, but its because its funny to us as an audience and in the movie frustrating and not humiliating to the character involved. This movie did a few things well, I thoroughly enjoyed Hela and Surtur and wish they were in a movie that respected their presence better. Tom Hiddleston did the best he could to maintain Loki's integrity but they pulled the rug out from him so often.
There was a lot of great Kirby influence in the design of costumes, architecture and technology on Sakaar and this I was able to appreciate as well. Unfortunately I just kinda left feel "well I guess I was entertained" Instead of pumped or excited. I seem to be very alone in this opinion though the two friends I saw it with agreed a bit with me.

I seriously hope Taika's career drowns, or as this is unlikely with all the pleb praise at the very hits his shin very, very hard.

>Lazy

It took more effort to come up with that realistic dialogue then whatever bland dialogue you would have thought of.

You are absolutely full of shit. Everyone hated his time on Earth and the only thing anyone liked about either films was the Loki/Thor humor.

At least Thor 3 did not have natalie portman

So Tony is the only flying Avenger now?

No.
There's Vision and War Machine

People hated the earth stuff specifically because it was campy and humorous.
I agree people liked the Thor/Loki humor but that was never of the campy variety and such never destroyed tension like the earth humor the humor from the new film does.

We thought we were free from Gwyneth Paltrow, but she showed up at the end of Homecoming.

If a supporting actress gets annoying, they just bench her for a couple movies until she remembers she needs that fat Marvel paycheck

Deadpool? That movie literally had more drama and heart than Ragnarok and it involved Wade getting a dildo in the ass

Speaking of the gladiators. Is the Beta-Ray Bill implied to be dead in the MCU? With his face being a previous champion, and Hulk having killed everyone he fought to become and stay as champion.

>It took more effort to come up with that realistic dialogue then whatever bland dialogue you would have thought of.
>fart
>canned laughter
This guy get's it, am I right?

So I got questions.

1. How much of Loki wanting to stop Thor from his suicide mission factor in his "betrayal"?

2. Did Loki take the Tesseract?

3. Is Banner gone? He said that if goes Hulk again he might not come back. When he dropped on the bridge he had thay dead eyes going for him. Did Hulk purposely not save Banner?

Bonus. How is Trump gonna react to literal aliens migrating into Norway?

War Machine is gonna be a TANK.

>People hated the earth stuff specifically because it was campy and humorous.

It's the actual characters that people hated. Everyone liked the stuff like Thor's hammer getting confused when it tried to return to him, or Loki's stuff.

And Thor Ragnarok was funny in the "this is a new alien world where everything we think is strange is normal" kind of way.

I didn't need it to be serious, largely because I don't think Hemsworth has much acting chops.

But it would have been nice if it had been good.

The positive response to Ragnarok is a pretty big "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills" moment for me.

I want to see the beta ray bill comic put to film. Where Bills ship comes through solar system, nick first sends Thor because he thinks its an invasion. Bill thinks Thor is attacking so beats Thor, takes his hammer. Odin summons them to see whats happening, has them fight for the hammer and Bill beats Thor again. Man I want to see Bill in a movie buy I know it won't happen :(

>I don't think Hemsworth has much acting chops.
Watch Rush you uninformed faggot.

Huh
Looks good. I'll do that.

>Did he take the Tesseract
Of course he did. Its his only bargaining chip with Thanos
>Is Banner gone
No. Banner is clearly shown in the leaked Infinity War trailer with Dr Strange within his Sanctum Sactorum

Wow, didn't expect that you would actually take that advice, good for you. Sorry about the faggot line.

Probably would just be Asgard preparing to fight Surtur, Jane is involved, and all the characters get slow motion deaths and this woman singing music (like Quicksilver)

Infinity War trailer can be purposeful deceit. Same leaked trailer also showed Thor with both eyes.

user, editing Hemsworth's eye is one thing (because its plot related), but swapping Banner and Hulk around is rather pointless for a trailer considering no one would give a fuck in the first place. One scenario I could see is Dr Strange entering Banner's mind so Hulk and Bruce can finally reach an understanding. Why? Because everyone needs to be on the same page once Thanos comes to town

You will need to convince Hulk NOT to fight Thanos not the otherway around.

It’s like Suicide Squad. They took a dark movie and made it more quippy and jokey.