Wouldn't Syndrome be classified as a super because he has super-human intelligence?

Wouldn't Syndrome be classified as a super because he has super-human intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zxQq1wB7A28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one ever said his intelligence was superhuman.

That's like saying Edison or Einstein were superhuman just because they were smarter than most people.

>didn't just kill enemies
>got caught monologuing
>built a robot that immediately turned on him

He was OK.

You can be smart and still get caught up in delusions of grandeur. Look at Lex Luthor.

How do they classify supers, anyway? I mean, do you have to have some superphysical trait like super strength or speed, or does having sufficiently technologically advanced weaponry count as being "super"?

I mean, would Iron Man be considered a super in this world?

>or does having sufficiently technologically advanced weaponry count as being "super"?
Considering distributing superpower-tier gadgetry wasn't something done prior to Syndrome in their universe, it seems super powers are entirely internal.

If he was really that smart he would have known why he shouldn't wear a cape.

well most of the Supers they show have superpowers, so i guess that's how they classify them. I don't think they showed a single non-superpowered super.

I'm not sure if he can be classified as super-human intelligent. The shit he made as a kid was prone to explosions, and by the time we see him as an adult he's still having to go through god knows how many tests just to perfect a robot that eventually turns on him anyways.

I generally see 'super human intelligence' as something like what Megamind has. A very natural inclination to invention with very little room needed for testing, due to the precision of that intelligence. Syndrome was just sorta above average intelligent, not super humanly so.

>Edison
>smart

Do YOU have your own museum? HM?

>built futuristic robots and lasers
>sorta above average

Business smart certainly. Could probably have out-jewed Stan Lee himself, going by feats.

Geniuses can build that IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.

Syndrome is smart, but he wouldn't have been able to build all that shit if he wasn't so rich.

That is the irony of the movie user.

He was super all along.

He got rich from building all that shit.

I mean either that or Japanese.

But did he not get rich by selling his inventions? Presumably he built his first inventions when he was poor, just look at the crude yet advanced shit he build as a child

did bomb voyage have powers?

He wasn't a super. There aren't classifications for villains.

Was Sydrome inherently evil? Why didn't he just respect Bob's wishes as a hero and get out of the way?

I would say he has super intelligence. it's one thing to be into robots but another to build robots capable of going toe to toe with actual super heroes. and as far as I know he designed them alone without help.

Hell the picture you have shows him with his own stasis energy gloves. that kind of technology is above what the government with expansive resources and scientist have made even in the Incredible's universe.

Narcissism. He didn't want to be Bob's sidekick to fight for justice, he wanted to be Incrediboy so that he could get some of Bob's fame and notoriety for himself.

Syndrome was a villain so I guess we couldn't classify him as a super even with super strength or speed I guess.

No not really. His whole goal was to spread amazing technology to humanity.

>Narcissism. He didn't want to be Bob's sidekick to fight for justice, he wanted to be Incrediboy so that he could get some of Bob's fame and notoriety for himself.
Yep. He wanted the adoration, but he doesn't really care about saving people.

Well he managed to trick all those science bitches to make shit for him for basically nothing and took the credit.

Being smart enough to elevate himself to science God status despite knowing fuck all about science is pretty smart.

was it explictly stated that he invented everything himself? He might just be the CEO/owner of a technology company / military contractor. And I'm not sure if he's more of a Tony Stark or more of an Obadiah Stane.

If Syndrome were to be classified over his inventions then I would think Edna would be too what with making all the super suits tailor made to the heroe's specific power sets or just making them resistant/immune to a shit ton of stuff (like Jack-Jack's suit)

He says he developed weapons for some countries.
I don't know if that was ever touched on again, so I just assume he's only handed out stuff like guns and missles.
Then used that money to develop his own projects.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxQq1wB7A28

He never forced any of the supers to come fight the robot if Bob is any indication. They kept coming back until they failed. He only allowed them to put themselves into life threatening situations. They had the choice to reject the job leave their mask on the wall. But they all choose to return to their old heroisms, ultimately at the cost of their lives.

Please, reddit, go piddle your Tesla alien conspiracy theories somewhere else. Just because Edison was a dick and had business sense doesn't mean he wasn't a revolutionary practical engineer and inventor.

It's simple:
1) World didn't have tons of modern shit
2) Edison
3) ????
4) World has tons of modern shit

Just because he was secretive, not traditionally academic, and never published doesn't mean he wasn't the driving force. Logistically, how the hell do you steal the future?

I bet you think Shakespeare's body of work was written by committee, too. Just because you're a loser doesn't mean all humans are.

He has a high body count.

What were the pretenses of the deal, it was either "robot malfunction, deal with this" or "just test out my battle bot"? Either way they didn't think they were dealing with something trying to murder them and in Gazerbeams case he realized what was up. It's like hiring a boxer for a fight to the death that they think is just a typical boxing match.

Was it explicitly stated that he didn't? It was established in the beginning of the movie that he made things (like relatively-functional rocket boots), why would you assume that they changed that behind your back?

>Incredibles 2
>Mirage has taken over the corporation under a new name and started selling hardware to governments to deal with the rise of supers and subsequent rise of super villains (now in force because of the hero culling)
>she now tries to actively steal Bob from his wife
y/n?

Considering her VA is dead, brining her back is in bad taste

He built limb-mounted jet thrusters that could safely carry his weight as a teenager, man. That's pretty out there.

But on the other side of the coin, the tools needed to make that is mighty expensive.

>I bet you think Shakespeare's body of work was written by committee, too.

Well it was

>average genius

He bothered to patent shit.

He built functional rocket boots as a minor.

Considering the extensive background material, government ties and implications of earlier scripts? All first generation supers are/were created by the government, with only the children of supers being "natural."

No villain appears to be a super in any of the material associated with the movie. Thus:

That has never stopped anybody. Ever.

Well, Incredibles 1 ended on molemen sequel bait, so pick up from there?

Int=/=Wis

Source?

Actually several shows and movies have retired characters after the deaths of their actors out of respect. It's pretty common actually.
And I especially don't see them going out of their way to make her antagonistic.

Intelligence is hard to measure as a superpowewr since there are way too many normals who come off a smarter than the people who have being smart as a genuine superpower.

Lex, Doom, Reed, Sivana, Thinker, Cho, Terrific, and Ivo are perfectly ordinary humans

But Leader, MODOK, Brainiac, High Evolutionary, Cyborg and all Kryptonians have super intelligence as a power. But the normal guys have the much better feats by miles.

So when Batman's contingency plans get stolen he is no longer super-human-intelligent?

Pretty sure they already used that plot for the vidya.

Government seized all of Syndrome's assets and according to new material on the Blu-Ray, turned his island base into a vacation resort.

His super-human intelligence didn't save him from this

Well, this.

He's dead.

Underminer was nothing but a joke on how a superhero's work is never done (and also John Ratzenberger's mandatory cameo), plus the video game covered that plot already.