Why is it every kid character happens to be 12?

Why is it every kid character happens to be 12?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DangerousSixteenthBirthday
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because 13 is teen. Dumbass.

It's the ideal age to start a lot of plot threads regarding different types of growth but still young enough to be a kid in the eyes of pretty much every audience member.

Prime toy buying age

Yeah they're still technically a kid but older enough to be viewed as competent. Putting everyone's lives in the hands of an 8 year old just seems irresponsible.

Not all of them, some of them are 10.

>mfw I expected to have some big adventure whenever I turned 13 or 15 or 17, the ideal ages to start traveling the world and go on a great quest.

It's the oldest you can still have them be a kid while being the most mentally mature.

Maybe that's because you got the age wrong.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DangerousSixteenthBirthday

Only in Western cartoons. Every kid in anime is 14.

Coraline and Norman were 11.

is worse in anime, everyone is like 14 or 15 but they look like 20.

Hey, at least it's not a certain European comic where the main characters are 14 but look 10.

Prime breeding age

bull.

>Goku was 12 in DB
>The main characters of the first 3 Digimon shows were 10-12
>Ash was 12 in S1 Pokemon
>the main characters of Cardcaptor Sakura are 10-13

>12
>looks 9
Why does Sup Forums and Sup Forums do this?

Because in the 1st world improved diets mean that actual 12 year olds are beginning puberty and things like acne, breast development, periods, and facial hair don't work with character designs or story tone.

>10
Alive for a decade, also the age kids start the puberty process.
>12
The last year before you're a teenager and usually the age puberty starts to really kick off.
pretty much this.
>14
Age of most high-school freshmen, also you start looking more or less like a teenager. Seen as when the transition in adulthood begins.
>16
"I can drive lol"
>17
Last age before you're a legal adult in most places. Significant because technically can still be seen as a child who's ready to take up adult responsibilities.

My friend is 23. she looks 12. You wouldn't find it so unbelievable if you actually knew people.

Because preteen is best age for coming-of-age stories.

I assume you watched the show because the style and ages of the characters are chosen on purpose to make the rest of the environment and other, less permanent members of the cast seem so much more grotesque.

Why the fuck do you think Ozen is like literally 10 feet tall? It's to make her seem even stronger and more imposing to contrast with her gloomy attitude and make her be perceived as "the ox".

>tfw I thought of Precious Moments when first watching the OP of Made in Abyss