Mister Miracle #4

Mister Miracle #4

Charges against Scott Free!

And here we go...

Damn, just finished ripping it.

Sorry, but I gone too far down the rabbit hole now.

Hey Fastbak!

Damn it, the first two panels made me think this was going to get insanely fun for a sec.

Group mindscape.

Alright, this is pretty darkly funny. Kudos.

That ain't why she called you that, but the whole lie detector panels are neat.

Why did Granny call him Scott Free?

>ywn fall asleep in Barda's lap

It wasn't cause of his continuous escapes, but they named him that the second they got him because they planned for him to escape and break the pact.

Darkseid thought it was funny.

This was a pretty alright issue, all in all.
Still got some quibbles, but really hope that 5 and 6 keep moving things forward,

See you next time!

>It wasn't cause of his continuous escapes, but they named him that the second they got him because they planned for him to escape and break the pact.
Damn, pretty cool. Bless Kirby.

Variant for number 5
Would you like to see hot steamy sex between Barda and Scott with tits and dicks out Sup Forums?

INCONCEIVABLE!

The Variant should be the main cover, they're so much better.

Man, I hadn't checked ths yet but this art is fucking dope, looks like Jack Kirby meets Dylan Dog / Martin Mystere

me on the left

What? Even if this was true King is referencing the term "scot free".

You thought King couldn't get any more unbearably vacuous and annoying.
True.
You are surprised he somehow managed to do so.
False.

New Genesis Jesus must be very intersting.

I'm mad that I haven't been able to pick out four adjacent panels that form loss yet

Stop typing like a homosexual, user.

Tell that to your Lord and savior King.

He is lifting her? Cute.

This series is actually pretty good. I'm glad someone is actually remembering that Scott KNOWS the Anti Life Equation.

I'm also glad that a bunch of oldfags and pathetic cunts are getting triggered by this.

Still, hope this will be sold as a single book. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

I could literally start speaking in Shakespearean language and make it look autistic.
Also Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Your post make sense.
False.

You're not an autist.
False.

You read this issue.
False.

>"he likes the issue so that means he didn't read it!"
That's gotta be the weirdest fucking conclusion I've ever seen.

I haven't been following this series so I have context for this issue, but it's plain amazing. It made me laugh out loud and it still managed to turn intense. Tom King is a gift from god.

I thought this was a mature readers title? Why the censoring?

I got bored. Someone might get use out of this.

Huh, i know that last phrase
It is usually used in regards to devil, though

DC and Marvel don't allow any swearing in their mainline books, even Mature Readers one. It's really dumb

>AAAAAA
What did he mean by this?

Have they fucked yet?

Need REEEEEEEEEEEE version of this.

I like this

I don't

They have a kid.

Wow. It's like Bendis is all ready writing for DC.

That doesn't answer his question.

Do these escapes really count as good stunts when he just has Motherboxxx bail him out all the time?

In the future. Last I read was when he made her heart go badump without knowing. Doujins aren't the same as a canon kissu

I'm extra confused because Barda is allowed to say "ass" just fine a little earlier.

benis?

It's a special Apokalyptian swear that would flay the minds of mere mortals such as we were we to read it.

So much copy and paste.

I'm reading the original Kirby run. He usually uses any gadget except the Mother Box for his escapes.

I wonder if the artist gets paid less.

this was pretty bad imho. I hate upending the drama with "humour" like this veggie tray or even the setting where the "trial" takes place. Dialogue is awful as well

First two issues were good, lots if set up, eerie atmosphere. Last two issues have been pretty lame, decompressed to the point of parody and this realistic approach to gods and Orion unironically saying "Jesus" is just... retarded.

For me, I think the set up was handled in a way that I found rather blunt. So, them just moving forward (even if King is still injecting incredibly bland terminology and again - why do they specify a singular "God"?) is good enough for me given that I don't particularly find myself invested.

I feel like it partially works when it's highlighting how insane things are (setting the trial in his own living room), but the veggie tray is the characters themselves acting blasé about something serious and those bits suck.

God, why is everything I watch making me hate Orion?
This run, Cosmic Odyssey, New 52 Wonder Woman and Superman. The man's a bastard.

i like what they did with panels 2&3

worse when it's not even some normal kind of humor but a nonsensical yet mundane thing that feels out of place for a fuckin new god book.

And you don't think this is blunt? It was okay when it was set up and all but they're dragging that s reality distortion plot for too long. The first two issues were better paced, these last two have barely moved forward.

That's the point, the trial is a farce.

maybe. But to me it is the same thing - the contrast between the costumes and a regular living room is imho used not to show the insanity of the situation but to elicit the same kind of humour. Look how ridiculous it looks, lmao. Well, I'm not laughing.
The only thing King could do to make it worse is to make Barda fart after Orion asks MM if he is the Anti-Life Equation.

I had high hopes for this comic, but unless anything happens in the next issue or two I stop giving a shit.

Because Jim Starlin is a bigger creative mind than Jack Kirby. Historically more important and better.

I didn't say I didn't think it was blunt. But I'd rather have blunt things that move forward than blunt set up. Again, neither gets me going.

he's probably right here though

thanks user

>the contrast between the costumes and a regular living room is imho used not to show the insanity of the situation but to elicit the same kind of humour.
Well fuck your opinion because you're flat out wrong. To say that King didn't use the mundane to sharpen the absurdity of the whole situation is willful ignorance.

I must say that I don't know shit about the New Gods since I am yet to read the original run (tried to buy it, but it's hard to aquire in Poland in physical form), so I didn't get frustrations with mischaracterization (yet). But it's easy to see that those characters are so detached from any concievable behaviour that they feel like cardboard cutouts.

As said, I liked the atmosphere in the first 2 issues. But now it just became so dull that I doubt there's an actual story here.

But that's my point. The beginning was set up but things moved forward. Last issues it feels like barely anything hapenned. He just spent an entire issue on a comical "trial".

Yes, but the trial is at least predicated on the idea that Scott knows that something is up. The blunt set up makes him out to look ridiculously dumb for not catching on.

This issue was not comical in nature user. There are comical elements but the whole issue is an interrogation that ends in a mental breakdown from Scott.

those comical elements upend that mental breakdown like hell. Why have Orion eat that fucking carrot? It destroys everything. Like I said, all it lacked was Barda farting in the end.

>but the trial is at least predicated on the idea that Scott knows that something is up
And it's a bunch of pages where King hits you over the head with this. It's blunt and when Orion said he's going to be judge, jury and executioner I rolled my eyes. At least in the beginning the things that we're "not right" were a bit more subtle and Scott was depressed and was losing his grasp on his life so it made sense to be lost in the moment and it made sense that he was just trying to power through instead of over thinking things. Now he's so nonchalant, like, look at page 2, he feels so in control and the silly veggie tray provides those pauses that should make him think "waaait a minute". Instead he knows that there's something wring with reality but he just rolls with it. In the beginning he just felt lost and vulnerable, now he just looks dumb.

I don't get your attitude right now towards comoc book. There are not reports of events that need to cut the fat, there are allowed to indulge.
This maybe not be a case of decompression gone wrong but the fact that Mister Miracle wasn't the drama you expect it to be

The trial is comical. Its something straight out of a cartoon. "I'm your accuser, your judge, your attorney and your executioner". Come on...

>And it's a bunch of pages where King hits you over the head with this.

Yeah, but at least Scott knows that something is up! Again, I don't think this series is all that enjoyable, personally. But I'll take Scott acting maybe a little more prescient about his situation than the set up of the first 2-3 issues.

Well the kind of humor is found throughout the other issues as well, and my real issue is just that it feels off in the context of this new gods interpretation.
basically "not muh"

>This maybe not be a case of decompression
But it clearly is.

>And it's a bunch of pages where King hits you over the head with this.
that's what i really liked here. Felt like getting beaten up in school

>Yeah, but at least Scott knows that something is up!
Again, he knows BUT ISN'T DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!