Poppy O'Possum

RIP Poppy's cravat, 2016-2017

>Takes a vow of pacifism, so extreme she literally can't hurt people.
>Beats the shit out of Poppy on a technicality because her family is threatened by Poppy's actions when she clearly would have enough skill to defend them if she never took the cow in the first place.

Petunia needs to get spanked by her dad and smarten the fuck up.

Doesn't Petunia realize that pretty much everything that's happened is Chicadino's doing, and that the end result is the same if Poppy moved to Eggton or not, right? And that she's just taking the easy way out.

If you guys don't see this ending with either "You passed the test" or "I was so upset I needed someone to take it out on" coming, I don't know what to tell you.

If Petunia was this uptight about picking unwinnable fights she wouldn't he befriended Poppy after she kicked Valente's ass.

A new update as a comic page?
What happened now?

I think this the reveal that's been implied Petunia is still a scared child with mother issues. That all her talk was literally just trying to distance herself from her Mother. Look how quickly she gave up on pacifism the moment she could.

Her tattoo isn't a show of how deeply committed she is to her belief. It's because she's got anger issues and without it would fly off the handle just like her mother.

Hell hath no fury like a Sup Forums scorned.

Did you guys just forget the part where tuna says that chickendino can make things far, FAR worse if she doesn't stop poppy/cooperate with the mafia fatbird?

Regardless, i'm still expecting either a "congrats, it was a test!" (like said) or petunia's dad stepping in and stopping her (possibly with heavy consequences).

And hey, for the first time in fucking forever it seems like this comic is getting interesting again.

good effort, but just doesn't have the same ring or style of the "what is this furry nonsense?" guy (although the "take it to /trash/" doesn't work anymore since they DID take the poopy possum threads there).

This, Tuna's entire adult life has been one of ardent denial in favor of civility and a facade of order. This fight is no different, but I wonder...

That's a magical tattoo, yes? Could a certain anti-magical critter currently locked in deadly combat with her possibly break it? And what would Petunia do if that happened, if her seal was broken?

>Did you guys just forget the part where tuna says that chickendino can make things far, FAR worse if she doesn't stop poppy/cooperate with the mafia fatbird

It'll get worse anyways. Chicadino is hoping to get either Petunia or Poppy, or if he's lucky both out of the way with this fight. And if it's Petunia he'll turn her into a mob enforcer with the threat of harming her Dad and Eggton to keep her inline, or more likely just take away Eggton anyways. This is the right time to fight against him rather than hope she can just scrape by if she does this for him.

>If Petunia was this uptight about picking unwinnable fights she wouldn't he befriended Poppy after she kicked Valente's ass.
Yeah that's kinda weird.

Morbi said that action was going to continue being in comic form

Back then Chicadino was just a mob man. Now he's prime minister. There's a difference in a guy who can threaten your house and a guy who can remove your entire town off the map.

I'm guessing it won't break it outright, perhaps weaken it? maybe someone elsemary? will break the magic?

Doubt that tuna would change much if her seal was broken, maybe wanting to join in the frontlines against chicandino/the specter/whoever shows up as the big bad team.

My guess is that she'll come to her senses and understand this (for better, or for worse/"chickendino fucks her over regardless of her cooperating and she's stuck in a 'there is nothing i can do but some good ole ultra-violence to stop this' situation"), and the whole "god dangit poppy this is all your fault" thing is more of an act of desperation than anything.

HE ALREADY OWNED THE ENTIRE TOWN IN CHAPTER ONE!

It's just a title, and she's friends with someone higher up the totem pole now. Her situation is BETTER now than it was in Chapter 1, this shit don't make sense.

Guess I'll have to go back and read this fag's bullshit so I can catch up, then.

Why are webcomics the least stable medium?

If Tuna is legit serious about her stance, here, and it's not a ploy of some kind, I fully expect it to be her Mother that admonishes her.

"Petunia, dear, I knew you were slow, but I never thought you stupid."

Because they are the hobbies of unhinged artists.

No he didn't, he just had them in a really shitty protection money racket.
He literally owns the deed to Eggton now. As in, it's no longer their private property and he could have them outright evicted.

Doesn't Chicadino still have Valente (who Morbi has flat out stated would have roasted Poppy over an open flame if she hadn't suckerpunched him) and Fazzi, who could just snap Poppy's neck by bending her clothes at a right angle?

Putting aside all the legalities of Poppy going up against the Prime Minister, I think Petunia has a point when she says that the thought of Poppy physically overpowering their operation is far fetched at best.

Petunia has a decent argument for not joining Poppy's cause when you consider that she's suggesting fighting a status quo that's allowed living to remain comfortable for everyone who isn't an opossum.
It doesn't make her any less of a moral coward though, now that she's actively chosen to be a complacent collaborator for the state when it's clear she has some amount of power to do something.

Yes, but he can incriminate tuna of murdering a political figure if he lets her do the dirty work rather than risking having that blame pinned on one of his underlings.

So when does Poppy go straight up Beowulf and fight Fazzi bare ass naked?

Petunia is a fucking retard, Chick is going to destroy eggton anyway. She either doesn't know what's going on at all, which makes her argument against poppy hypocritical as fuck, or she is actually on the same intellectual level as a fucking cabbage.

>Hey guys, just let the psychopath with grandeur delusions do what he wants, he'll leave us alone! Now that he is local prime minister surely he is satisfied with what he has achieved!
>What's that? Shady underhand dealings with powerful background forces and threats of dragons? Nope, means nothing to me

So logically the only argument is she doesn't actually know what is going on, which just makes her a cunt.

From Petunia's standpoint, she has no knowledge or insight into Chicadino's motivation. She isn't aware how little Eggton is to the big bird, that she has absolutely no leverage or expectation of leverage.

>logic or reason
>in this shit
You're joking, right user?

my guess is that she's desperate and her (already heavily repressed) feelings spoke louder than rational thought.

that combined with what said

>drawing less than ever
>drawings are lower quality than ever
Why even bother doing these doodles anymore then? Oh, that's right...
>How in the hell do I WRITE a fight scene? Goddamnit, this was supposed to be easier than art!

Morbi said from the beginning he was planning on doing the action-heavy sequences in comic form.

And that's because....
>How in the hell do I WRITE a fight scene? Goddamnit, this was supposed to be easier than art!

Why the fuck would anyone want to read a fight scene instead of seeing it?

Why would anyone want to read a comic that's actually just a novel with some pictures every now and then?

I'm expecting either the people of Eggton or Poppy's gang to come in and help Poppy take Petunia down. Chicadino from what I can tell isn't the most popular figure despite the power he has. No one can nail him to any criminal activity, but I'm pretty sure people think he's a scumbag. Hell, that guard dog of Eggton was throwing darts at a picture of his face. I don't know if the people of Eggton know about Chicadino's threat about evicting all of them, but if they do, I think they're not gonna rally around Petunia when she's beating up local hero Poppy, the woman who is on record of actually standing up to him.

Also regarding her earlier comment of Chicadino having a private army, Poppy has tall those gangs under her belt. If they stand with her (and they should, otherwise why would we have an entire chapter dedicated to Poppy becoming their boss) then things aren't so bleak for Poppy.

Aren't Poppy's bones basically steel?
How much force does this fucking cat have?!

Doesn't matter if it is the right or wrong choice, cause it is the choice that keep's her father from being killed by gangsters.
Short term looking, but hey it's her only family.

Because it usually is so small a group working on it, it is best to keep a 1-3 page post a week setup, which leads to a chapter taking 3 months to come out.

I think Morbi made the right move, since we've been able to get through about a year's worth of plot.
Poppy comic is not 70% less comic, but it will never be called "Still On Namek".

>I have never read a good adventure novel
I feel bad for you.

>I think Morbi made the right move, since we've been able to get through about a year's worth of plot.
We got 12 novel updates.
About 80% of it was fluff, and about half of the remaining content was tangents that really shouldn't be the focus right now. He could have gotten to this same point faster while remaining in the comic format if he learned how to fucking write and pace a story.

Meant to quote
as well.

The fluff's the best part, faggot.
If you cut out everything that wasn't plot-essential, we wouldn't have any of the good shit like Boris or the gangs.

The chapter isn't over yet. Hell Morbi implied that this was only the first fight scene of the chapter, so this chapter is gonna continue for a bit longer after this fight. It's a bit too early to call something fluff when we don't know if it will play a role in the future.

For all we know Boris will team up with the gangs and don his metal armor and lead a charge on Chicadino's estate or the castle.

First of all, fluff's not a bad thing in and of itself: the problem is when your story is bloated with minutiae, padding and tangents. Morbi often veers towards padding. His comic pages tended to have extra panels at the start or end to prevent him from actually having to rework pages that come up short and his prose is filled with filler words and circuitous phrasing to bump the word count.

Second, things like dropping Harley off with Boris are not "fluff" despite what Morbi would lead you to believe. He's just fucking stupid and never actually studied creative writing. Character interactions, especially meaningful or entertaining ones, are a key element to keeping your reader invested and moving your story forward. Skipping scenes like that would be the sign of Morbi being an absolute dumbfuck, not realizing that how his character react in relation to safekeeping of a person's very life is pretty damn important.

Fluff isn't giving your villain backstory, it's giving them a Tom Riddle-esque opener and then doing nothing to actually set tone or themes or even characterize the bastard aside from "he learned to be a douche as a child and learned about magickal shits."
Fluff isn't taking time to establish some atmosphere and make a gag, it's spending nearly a whole page on an overwrought version of one of the simplest jokes in fiction that could have been done in 2-4 panels (and, actually, WAS, as you can skip most of the previous page and just read the text immediately surrounding the panels!).
Fluff isn't having a B plot about a side character, or even a C plot, it's shifting back and forth between focus constantly and consequently dragging shit out without actually saying much about any of the three plot threads.

Morbi shoves way, way, WAY too much fucking fluff into his work at the expense of both his story and his characters.