Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/11/08/thor-ragnarok-on-course-to-pass-600-million-this-weekend-after-huge-opening/#54c65b7915df
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy shit if it's true.

And Infinity Was has 500 mil

>It has to hit 600 million worldwide just to break even

They're fucked.

Is ok, Avengers 2 was 250

I think if WB can feel comfortable saying it's that much the it must be much higher

And the fact that the embargo is so late shows they have NO confidence in it so this has to be some producers level shit

>BUT MARVEL

Like clockwork.

I heard it was actually like, 50 cents.

It's all they have

Oh wait no they also have worthless domestic box office numbers

They made way than 600 millions in all their movies so far.

I think you're concern trolling and Sup Forums doesn't know shit about the movie industry but likes to try and act like it in order to continue cancerous company wars.

yeah but inf wars is disney so they have infinite money

Oh God. What a waist.

>worthless
China takes away 2/3 of the budget retard;

Unless you are a WB executive you should not give a shit about this

Every other big box movie in the superhero genre is Marvel, there isn't much else to compare JL's budget to unless you want to stray into other genres.

I don't believe it. I actually think it's higher than this.

>WB spent 50 million extra to make the movie look worse

Which is split into two movies.

Money laundering... classic Disney

>$300 million budget

And it most likely won't reach $1 billion at the box office

*inhales*

>1 billion
It'll take a miracle to hit $700 million

Movies cost money?

It's not that they Cost money user, it's the pondering of how the hell WB will make 600, million to break even and reach 1 billion to make it a commercial success.

Yeah except infinity war is going to be a two part movie, which means double the ticket sales. Also, Marvel movie universe is actually popular, so it will probably make that investment back.

Not too sure about JustAss League. I mean I know whats his face was really good in "Bullet to the head" but can he really save a movie?

Maybe Affleck is expensive.

It's a billion over Avengers 3 and 4, hence 500M for Infinity War.
Assuming that it is 300M and another 120M in marketing, that's 420M, they then need between 800-840M to break even. If BvS can make more than that JL definitely can, much more? Maybe not, but they're certainly getting their investment back

If SS can make 750 million JL will at the very least make as much. The DCEU have made over 4Bn over 5 movies, with JL it'll likely be getting close to 5. The film might be shit but no way will it flop

It's probably a bit higher than this - 400-500mil, I'm guessing - if this is the number they're willing to give us.

Dang.

Has any superhero movie actually hit 1 billion or more dollars on box office?

I look forward to this overly expensive movie flopping. The DC movie universe is finished! WB will pull the plug after this upcoming flop! It's over! Hahahaha!

Avengers. IM3 as well I think.

The Dark Knight
Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man 3
Ultron
Civil War
Thor Ragnarok

Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron , Iron Man 3, TDK and TDKR

Oh and Civil War. It was the last one to get to 1 billion.

hey thanks to Universal they're not the first anymore so it won't be a big deal

in fact it will probably be celebrated by everyone

>only 2 DC flicks to ever hit the billion mark aren’t even from the DCEU
Oh man, I’m laffing

Iron Man 3
Avengers
Civil War
The Dark Knight
AoU

At its current pace Ragnarok may pull it off too.

and they're the only ones that ever will because thankfully people are a lot smarter now and have better taste in movies

>MoS will flop
>BvS will flop
>SS will flop
>WW will flop
>JL will flop
WB are look at an easy 4 billion over 5 movies, you think they're going to cancel it just because critics don't like it? Dream on

But critics liked Wonder Woman?

Why does it looks so bad then? Maybe I'm spoiled after last Apes movie, but what JL trailers showed up so far shouldn't be acceptable. Cyborg flowing head looks almost as horrible as Green Latern.

>At its current pace Ragnarok may pull it off too

No. That's already very unlikely

I loved Ragnarok but it won't get to 1 billion, it's practically impossible at this time of the year with both JL and Star Wars coming out.

It will get between 800-870 million.

Justice League WILL flop with a massive budget and obvious poor reviews there's no way it can make it's money back

no one with a brain will pay to see it after MoS, BvS, and SS, and the few retards who call themselves DC fans aren't going to see it because Whedon made a less than 2 hour Marvel ripoff

300 million dollars into the trash

it's at half a billion already and has literally no competition

It's happening

>Thinking Ragnarok will make a billion.

It's doing really well but look at the performances of those other billion dollar films and then look at Ragnarok. It will finish around the same as GOTG2 and Homnecoming

Source because it just came out like friday.

Most hilarious difference between both movie Universes is how supposedly every new Marvel movie is gonna be “the one to kill the universe” and every new DC movie is gonna be “the one to save it” and yet the opposites are always true

That chart doesnt really prove anything though.
Some of the movies who are fresh have short embargoes(?).

Fat joke or striptease joke?

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/11/08/thor-ragnarok-on-course-to-pass-600-million-this-weekend-after-huge-opening/#54c65b7915df

>The Nov. 17 release has had perhaps the rockiest road to release of any big-budget movie this year.
>In the past 18 months it has sustained a switch in directors and creative tinkering before and after production to lighten the tone. Significant reshoots brought an already big budget up to nearly $300 million, said people close to the picture.
>“Justice League” is hitting theaters at a time when Hollywood is shifting from by-the-books portrayals of super-hero stalwarts. The success of films like “Logan,” Warner’s own “Wonder Woman,” and current box-office juggernaut “Thor Ragnarok” indicate audiences are hungry for unique pictures about particular characters.
>“Justice League” doesn’t fit that mold. Supporters describe the movie as a crowd-pleaser in which a few super-heroes team up and beat the bad guys.
>There are no more super-hero releases from the studio for 13 months. One person close to the DC film effort called 2018 a “reset year”
>DC is a financial pillar for Warner Bros., CEO Kevin Tsujihara has said, in every area of its business from movies to television to consumer products and videogames. Catching up to rival Marvel Entertainment’s big-screen success is crucial.
>Last year, concerned that their super-hero pictures were becoming too dark and violent, Warner leaders assigned fan-favorite comic-book writer Geoff Johns and production executive Jon Berg to oversee the DC movie slate and give it a more optimistic tone. Their first task was a last-minute rewrite of “Justice League,” to make the movie less serious and more hopeful.
>Mr. Tsujihara also made clear he wanted “Justice League” to be under two hours
press S to spit on DC's grave

>it's at half a billion already

Let's do some simple mathematics user. Let's compare Civil War to Ragnarok on it's openings. Ragnarok made 122, Civil War 179. Ragnarok's foreign opening was 107 million, Civil War 200 million. Ragnarok's Chinese opening was 53 million, Civil war 93.

Now Civil War made 153mil over a billion but compare the differences of those opening. It comes to 187. With this Ragnarok is already 34 million shy of the Billion mark. Now keep in mind returns just keep diminishing and Ragnaroks first Monday already made less than Wonder Woman's and it's clear it wont reach that billion

It's been out in foreign markets for 2 weeks except for China

It's performing lower than GOTG2 which had literally no competition for a month

You guys realize it's already made half a billion, right?

SS had trailer hype. JL has had the most tepid and lukewarm expectations attached to it since Ed Norton's Hulk.

SS also had The Joker and Harley. It remains to be seen if Wondy can trick audiences into attending the same way they did there.

You realize it's making less than GOTG2 did at the same time right? If it had opened everywhere the same time as the US you would have a point but it opened in other markets earlier.

>You guys realize it's already made half a billion, right?
You understand you're dealing with DChads, right?

Bullshit. BvS had the same amount of skepticism and wariness before release and went on to have a monster opening weekend despite getting panned in reviews

If you look at the actual metrics - trailer viewings, reported interest, mentions - it’s incredibly buzzed about and will open massively even if completely dies to Star Wars immediately after

But half of JL's budget was for one director to come in and fix the other director's fuck ups.

Star Wars doesn't come out until a month after.

>DChads
they're Chumps and you know it

It's cool, Batman's power is that he's rich, remember?

Literally ignoring It had the lowest Monday of all the cape films this year except for Logan. To reach a billion it has to start out performing those other movies but it isn't. Why are you guys setting yourselves up like this?

ITT: finance- and movie-industry experts

>passing $600 mill
>IW only costing $500 mill

How much do they need to spend for it to be a real risk?

I remember when waterworld was a fuckton of money.

Yeah, but unlike Waterworld, these movies don't flop as badly as that.

I can see those re-shoot expenses were used to good effect

Well, it's not Whedon's fault that Affleck went JUST

I dont even know anything about the plot and the movie already looks boring

So its gonna be like GotG where it did well for a few weeks before fucking off into nothing. Like the only think ive seen poeople talk.about is baby groot. No impact of the story or anything.

Inflation and Hollywood accounting is a crazy thing.

you're right about the Hollywood accounting part, according to Hollywood the LotR movies didn't make a profit and lost money

I'm sure Hollywood accounting alone can't explain how special-effects intensive blockbusters went from 30 mil to 300 mil budgets in 30 years.

Snyderhaters BTFO! Reshoots were a bad idea, admit it.

That's what all the signs point to if you actually look at the data and past trends

even more if you consider publicity, non?

According to Hollywood, the last movie to make a profit was probably silent.