CN vs Disney vs Nick

When would you say each of these three networks went downhill?

>Nick
When it shoved everything that wasn’t Spongebob or some shitty tweencom to Nicktoons or a dead timeslot.
>CN
CN Real is the obvious answer, but I personally would say it was around the point Adventure Time and Regular Show became obsessed with continuity.
>Disney
When they doubled down on live action. Even as a kid this channel was schwarbage.

>Nick
When they starter acting like Spongebob was their only cartoon
>CN
CN Real was the straw that broke the camels back but there was a few years of buildup to this
>Disney
If we’re talking Disney Channel then it’s always had shit in the live actions department. It just got worse when they started moving their cartoons to Disney XD.

>nick
spongedomination
>cn
ttgdomination
>disney
hannah montanna

They all went to shit whey cancelled goat tier action cartoons with cheap kiddie comedies like TTG and Breadwinners

TTG isn't that bad. It's the amount of times that it gets played. That said the schedule gets better every week. As of right now the only bad shows on CN are nuPPG and tumblr the animated series. One barely shows on and the other has till mid 2018 to get good.

>CN and Nick
>Disney Channel
Subjective to whenever you yourself turn eleven and outgrow the tween garbage.

CN had issues for years before TTG.

Every show that CN made after Foster's and before Chowder was forgettable

Everyone, even older people, know who Dexter, Johnny Bravo, and the PPG are. They're "modern classic" characters. And on the opposite side of the aisle, lots of people recognize characters like Finn and Jake, Gumball, Flapjack, Chowder, Mordecai and Rigby.

But nobody knows who Juniper Lee, Ami, Yumi, Rodney J. Squirrel, or Sunny bridges are, because their shows were so forgettable

Agree for Disney and Nick.

CN's downfall came from Boston.

>Redakai
Holy shit I thought I was the only one who remembered that show

>Nickelodeon
Nick Studio 10
>Cartoon Network
The moment nuPPG debuted
>Disney Channel
Hannah Montana (didn't get too bad until Liv and Maddie)

sure, except TTG has snapped its spine

>Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
>Ultimate Spiderman
>Redakai: Conquer the Kairu
>Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>Adventure Time
>Penn Zero: Part Time Hero
>Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
>Hero: 108
>fail

>Nickelodeon
The moment Breadwinners debuted
>Cartoon Network
When Christina Miller became CEO
>Disney Channel
When Gravity Falls got shifted to Disney XD

>breadwinners
that was a forgettable show that made trash ratings and got cucked by those trashy live action sitcoms.

Nick died the moment they got rid of Degrassi.

Which was 2015

>CN
Twice. When Stu became CEO and when Miller became CEO
>Nick
When it was nothing but Spongebob and “let’s try to be drake and josh” shitcom spamming
>Disney
When the main channel became a girl network

>Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>Hero: 108
>Redakai: Conquer the Kairu
>Penn Zero: Part Time Hero
>shit
t. autistic sperglord

>When the main channel became a girl network
This. Where are the boy shows? How am I supposed to watch shows that are far beyond my age range if there aren't any that pander to my sex?

Redakai and Hero: 108 weren't too bad

The only things Miller did wrong were NuPPG, Rick and Morty, and the schedule which is the Indian guy's fault.

Is there any foreign or smaller channel that can compare to these three?

Nickelodeon India

Nick: 2005
Disney: 2006
CN: 2007

It's Avengers Assemble that's on there

Dude those shows are shit

>Nick
1.When they fired John K avoiding making Spumco a major contender to Disney & Don Bluth.
2.Avatar The Last Airbender killing off the funny animals.
3.Korra not learning from Avatar's mistakes.
4.The Loud House, at least Korra tried.
>CN
1.Replacing late night golden age shorts with Adult Swim. Hey CN, remember when you brought back Toonami, not bring back things like The Acme Hour (now block) and even ToonHeads on Fridays after 8:30.
2.Sym-Bionic Titan bombing leading CN into being The Cheap and Chincy Tumble Network.
>Disney
1.Cutting off the Japanese and Australian units into being reserved on cheapqules, Australia ended up becoming nothing but a buffer for Toon City when Japan became independent and changed it's name to The Answer Studio.
2.Miley FUCKING Cyrus! I don't know why talk shows bring her on when they should bring on Mark Kausler and or Eric Goldberg instead, you know, REAL Disney heroes.
3.Disney stopped doing Disney grade animation in their TV shows and started doing Nick/CN rejects that normies hate.
4.Not giving TMS DuckTales back when THEY NEEDED IT THE MOST!

Fuck off Witchfag.

>Adventure time with Marceline the queen and Bubblegum the princess

>1.When they fired John K avoiding making Spumco a major contender to Disney & Don Bluth.

LMAO

>2.Avatar The Last Airbender killing off the funny animals.

Wow. I also like the implication that Korra is not wildly inferior to its predecessor.

I have to be honest, I can't get over the name Disney XD, every time I try to read someone talk about it, it looks like someone's editorialising the name.

All at the same time for different reasons. The main reason that all of them shared was that the previous decade was fuck for animation

Nick and CN started going downhill during the mid 2000's when most of the their classic cartoons got cancelled and were replaced with mediocre cash grabs. Disney Channel went downhill during the early 2000's when Lizzie McGuire and other teen shitcoms premiered.

>Nick
It started with Victorious for me. And then they started to take out the two "supposedly" random characters and made them into a show. That's where they really fucked up.

>CN

Adventure Time came in but I would say CN Real caused the real holocaust.

>Disney
All. The. Live Action. And when they got rid of Jetix on Toon Disney jesus fucking christ people.

The fuck you on? American Dragon Jake Long? Kim Possible? The Proud Family? They were some good shows.

Fixed.

I'd say they're definitely not the same, still there have been some good to come from them even after dropping off. One trend I've noticed with the cartoons that ended up being made recently is that they have 1 of 3 setups or some combination of the 3.
>Tumblr brand communist propaganda every other episode with decent episodes in between
>12 year olds with some magic power save the world and complete their homework too
>Random nonsensical "humour" without rhyme or reason

I liked Redakai and Hero: 108

>American Dragon
>good

What about Rock Zilla?

This decade gets way to much crap than it really deserves (especially 2006 to 2009), people like TheMysteriousMrEnter and his fans have bashed on this decade for having bad shows such as Squirrel Boy, Da Boom Crew, Out of Jimmy's Head and more. Whilst yes there were some really bad shows but on the other hand there were a lot of good shows such as; As Told By Ginger, Samurai Jack, Kim Possible, Justice League,/Unlimited, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Xiaolin Showdown, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Phineas and Ferb, Spectacular Spiderman, Batman: The Brave and The Bold, Chowder, Wolverine and The X-Men, Ben 10, The Mighty B! and even leftovers from the 90s (most of which are really 00 shows) such as Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage The Cowardly Dog and The Powerpuff Girls. And you know what I'd say that the early 00's (2000-05) is defintely the best time in TV animation history, for having a lot of high quality shows (Samurai Jack, Avatar and Justice League/Unlimited are my three favourite cartoons of all time) and while yes there were bad shows, they aren't as bad as todays cartoons like Teen Titans Go, Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Right Now Kapow, Bunsen Is A Beast, Annoying Orange, Problem Solverz, Be Cool Scooby Doo, Wabbit, Bunnicula, Skylanders Academy, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Looped, Fish Hooks, Billey Dilley, Penn Zero, Scaredy Squirrel and so much more that it would take me all day to list.

>CN
CN Real was the lowest point, and 2010 and onward has just been consistently bad.
>Disney
They've always been bad.
>Nick

You forgot the Lol House in that last list.

Boston?

It sounds like you didn't even watch most of your bad list.

There was a billboard promotion for ATHF and people from Boston sperged out and thought it was a bomb because they're idiots. They single handedly ruined CN.

Class of 3000 was definitely memorable. The problem was that it was aired sporadically and hit legal troubles.

I unironically belive if it never hit that legal swamp, it would have been CN'S breakout hit of the era and bridged us into the 2010s without any need for the CN Real bullshit downfall.

Disney bought properties like ABC family and a couple from CW Kidz. High quality shows like Spectacluar SpiderMan, Xiaolin Showdown, and Teen Titans had longer hiatus and eventually ended w/o fanfare, ultimately being replaced by live action tween sitcoms. Even Cartoon Network tried their hand at it with their reality tv, getting rid of their cartoons in order to fit in with the ever popular Disney. That's not where CN went downhill, despite the negetive response.
Then everything started trying to appeal to the youth, at the turn of the decade. Shows like Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, Kick Buttowski, Jimmy Two Shoes tried to be more extreme, mature, or (for lack off a better word) edgy. But no one understood the 90's were over. Kids those days would much rather watch youtube or play games than have actual adventures or play sports. So the companies three each hired youtubers and letsplayers to either star in or hype up a new show. Shows that referenced older video games and featured slacker characters like Regular Show, Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, and Fish Hooks. Even Phineas and Ferb got lazier. Shows always had a "stupid character" like Gravity Falls or a more stupid one like Spongebob. Some creators kept their integrity like Adventure Time. But hype for that show was high. CN saw this and tried to replicate it. Every show now has Noodle Armed, No elbowed, thin outlined, Cal Arts characters.
And as the time went by 2014 turned it's gaze on a new breed of.. hippie. SJWs. Now Every show was made to not only fulfill an agenda but also draw those people in. Steven Universe, Star vs., Loud House, GF. Now "subtley" insert gayness and featured strong female who "aren't your typical princess" from last decade. That's where everything went bad. Pandering. Not just to SJWs. Disney would also release shows to match their theatrical movies. CN try to revive shows from the 00s but try to appeal to the NuKids. And Nick focus on Live action at the expense of Cartoons

Phineas and Ferb was trash

TTG and Gumball are unironically the best CN has to offer right now.

Hannah Montana has been irrelevant for years, I don't think that's fair

Wow I forgot about that. Why do you think it was the downfall?

>Then everything started trying to appeal to the youth, at the turn of the decade. Shows like Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, Kick Buttowski, Jimmy Two Shoes tried to be more extreme, mature, or (for lack off a better word) edgy.

To me it sounds like they stopped trying to appeal to the youth. They started aiming at tweens instead of children.

CN put a lot of their eggs in the adult swim basket and it got them a lot of success, but honestly i think they don't even know how to make children's entertainment anymore. everything they produce is either aimed at tweens or is a reboot of something that worked before.

Some guy got fired and another got replaced. His name was Snyder. While I agree with some of his choices, he did make some risky ones (CN real and canning DC shows). Despite CN real all we had to do was show CN that we still loved it while ignoring the live action garbage enough for them all to get canned and we couldn't even do that right. He ended up getting fired and replaced by Miller who realized that we were too old to be buying the ugly merch these action shows produce and focused primarily on kids which is working.

Hannah Montana was so popular it convinced Disney that live action sitcoms were good.

>muh reboot
>only 2, 3 if you can't Wacky Races

>ttg
>Ppg
>Ben 10
>Looney Toons
>Scooby Doo
>Justice League
only 2 of these are good.

>Hannah Montana was so popular it convinced Disney that live action sitcoms were good.
No. That was Even Steven, Thee Suite Life of Zach and Cody, and before that Lizzie McGuire

More like their vision of what the youth was. Like I said. They thought kids we're still into 90's edge before they realised kids were mostly into youtube.

Squirrel Boy was trash but all the other shows were great. It's a shame you're so right about them not being memorable.

>Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
>Literally Copypasted Generic Stock Ideas and Humor: The Show
>great

That's not from CN you dumb shit.

>JLA doesn't have much time left
>NuBen10 is getting good
>TTG isn't a reboot and even then it's a hit/mi
>Looney Tunes/Wabbit is boomerang'd
>so is Be Cool Scooby Doo
>NuPPG is doing so bad that it gets an announced Sunday spot.

>moving the goalposts
>>NuPPG is doing so bad that it gets an announced Sunday spot.
>so bad it's getting moved to a day kids don't have school

Which era(s) of CN, Nick, and Disney did you guys primarily spend your childhood in?

>No. That was Even Steven, Thee Suite Life of Zach and Cody, and before that Lizzie McGuire
Those shows had more soul and feeling than Hannah Montana onwards

Core Millenniel. I always watched BBC/PBS though. And then it was saturday morning Recess, Filmore, Mucha Lucha, Teen Titans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jacob TwoTwo, VeggieTales, Babar, The Batman, Spectacular Spider-Man, Up until 2011 when I got a library card. I'd always get frustrated when the live action crap came on.

Why can't you find a fitting picture for early gen Z? Use a mac computer.

The fact you used a bionicle pic from the reboot triggers my autism.

>Disney would also release shows to match their theatrical movies.
They've been doing that for years.

Only one I can think of is Tailspin. But the Jungle Book came out 45 years before. You must mean Aladdin.

I know it's six hours lateg, but fuck off Famicom

>nick
When nicktoons became a dumping ground
>cn
When comedy eclipsed action completely
>disney
Was always trash on the whole, most good toons were on Jetix or early XD

Nick:
In 2007 that's when Spongebob took over and that Atlantis special came out. All classic nick shows were either canceled or ended. Jimmy, Danny Phantom, teenage robot, Drake & Josh.

CN:
The moments live action came on. Dude what would happen, othersiders & jimmy. And all classic bumpers and classics like Ed Eddn Eddy were off tv. But think it started the moment CN City stopped.

Disney:
The moment Miley Cyrus fucked up.

somewhere between late millennial and gen z, I have fond memories of stuff from both eras

Nick
Spongebob domination.
Nicktoons
When they stopped showing older Nicktoons and focused on dumping live action and current Nicktoons to the channel
TeenNick
When they stopped showing tons of Canadian shows like Degrassi and shows aimed at older audiences. They don't even do original shows anymore. They don't show mid 2000's live action anymore either like Ned's Declassified. The 90's is All That is cool but I feel like it displaced a ton of stuff.

CN
When Toonami was taken off weekdays for Miguzi or whatever it was called. Then Adult Swim became the Seth McFarlane block
Boomerang
It has moments of being good. It replayed Captain Planet earlier this year which was awesome and made me Torrent the whole show but they lost the Pokemon anime which sucks. Seeing the older episodes airing on TV was great.

Disney
Shit, I stopped watching Disney in the mid 2k. It became too girly and didn't show old cartoons anymore
Disney XD/ Toon Disney
When they stopped showing old cartoons like Chip and Dale, Ducktales and the other Disney Afternoon stuff. Now it just shows recent cartoons and live action shit.

>Nick
getting caught in a post-Hillenburg SpongeBob drought with few good cartoons to keep them out of a quality slump. Sponge Out of Water managed to keep them well above water, but if post-Savino Loud House dies, they could find themselves back where they were before.

>Disney
shoving off all their toons to XD, taking Gravity Falls 4 years to air a single.

>CN
CN Real, turning away the Swat Kats reboot which cemented their need for cheaper toons, TTG overload

Quick, choose their respective God of Destruction, from each channel.

>45 years before
You mean 33.

Death Punch Rigby, Squilliam Fancyson, Mikey from Recess.

>Death Punch Rigby, Squilliam Fancyson, Mikey from Recess.

>not Pops
>not Timmy "been ruining the lives of Fairy World, his world, and Jimmy Neutron's world by keeping them young forever" Turner
>not Mabel "sacrifice a dimension because of course her feels comes first" Pines

user. I..

Mabel is obviously Zeno.
Pops is Goku
Timmy is Vegeta
The trick is to choose characters that aren't main so we can have them be side characters while the mains fight.