Hickman Offered DC Gig

>This has been in the works for a long time. But I understand that Jonathan Hickman, who has been working on creator-owned comics since he left Marvel Comics at the end of Secret Wars, has has been in talks with DC Comics. The nature of which has been a long time in the agreeing, but I understand whatever it would be would not be an exclusive deal, leaving Jonathan Hickman open to work on other work-for-hire projects. That could include Marvel.

>As it stands, DC Comics asked Hickman to pitch several things and he has. They have made him an offer. He has yet to accept. But the decision for the man who shepherded Hickman into Marvel Comics from Image Comics, Brian Bendis, to join DC Comics does feel like the fates aligning.

>What the chosen project will be, if he chooses to choose a project at DC, I don’t know. Hickman has a reputation at Marvel for long-planned plotlines that crossed one comic to another taking characters and concepts with them – not dissimilar to what Geoff Johns set up for the Superman comics. Could something similar be planned?

Other urls found in this thread:

lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Hickman makes Bendis cry on DC as well

>hickman accepts the offer, solely for the chance to make bendis cry

>trying to get yet another big name

They can't keep getting away with it

I did think him being at that DC panel at, I think, NYCC was more than nothing.

Now, all DC needs is Remender

Someone at DC better make Bendis cry.

>It's happening AGAIN
I will literally die of laughter if Hickman goes over to DC just to be with Bendis again

What will be DC's Shield?

>Remender
>Writer of AXIS
Nah, senpai.

>Bendis
>Writer of Civil War 2
nah, se-
oh wait

kek

> Martian Manhunter
Intensifies...

axis was no worse than METAL

AXIS was way worse than "Meta"l.

Like, way worse.

Post your ideal guy to make Bendis cry.
I'm between Priest and Morrison.

axis gave us some good character moments
stuff like metal only has given us cringe so far

>faggots ignoring the good things we got out of Axis like Good Guy Carnage.

Hopefully everyone
Preferrably one of the ladies. Imagine Simone giving Bendis shit

Imagine a crossover between Bendis and Priest. Imagine those two having a discussion about comics.

Priest would murder him before it's over

I don't think she really works there anymore. Clean Room was cancelled, and she only has a Image book going right now

Priest would bust a cap on that nigga, then perform an exorcism no his corpse, so Bendis' shit taste doesn't infect the company from beyond the grave.

bendis is literally afraid of being seen disagreeing with a black man

But he's also an idiot

now imagine Bendis at DC chad gym

So... JSA? Or Legion? Or post-Jurgens Supes?

Legion was made for his addiction to organization

They've had 30-40 members at time, you wouldn't be able to find him under all the charts he would have to make to deal with them.

I'm one or two degrees removed from some of Hickman's artists, and what I've consistently heard is that "Promise me LOSH, and we'll talk" has been his position. If they're close to a deal, there's no way they didn't give it to him.

he's already slimmed down so the transition to full DChad shouldn't be too difficult

Enjoy your fucking shitty slow writer, DC

Marvel has Zub, Ewing, Waid, etc
well be fine

>Zub

lol

>Zub, Ewing, Waid, etc
>fine

Now imagine Priest reading this thread.
lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606

>JSA
Shut your whore mouth. He can fuck legion for all I care, it's in the future so it has less chances of fucking the continuity and current stories and also, I don't care about it so much. But damnit, Dr Fate powered return of the JSA is a dream of mine and I don't trust him to handle it.

>well be fine
Worked out well for Lemmy right?

>Waid

Seems like you need Bendis in your life

Okay, now I REALLY want Bendis and Hickman to revive Checkmate

>Zub
>Waid

>the absolute state of Marvel

Him and Bendis are gonna "balance" the DCU out of batmanwank that has been going on since morrison. JSA will be given to him simultaneusly with legion

>Based Bendis doing it again

>DC
>Detective Comics
>Best selling, most popular character, also a detective
There's no such thing as "batwank". It's just truth.

>Ewing

Nice meme.

>havoc/janet stuff
>evan/deadpool stuff
>carnage stuff

not a meme son

>Zub

He doesn't even have apologists fans like Bendis does.

Will Hickman be /fit/ as well by the time he gets to DC?

DROWN IN HOBO PISS

yeah thats actually why remender wont go to DC
benis hates him

You mean the writer of Black Science, Seven to Eternity, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Force, and Low?

all bendis needs is some hair

Metal has a lot more mood & suspenseful build up and the evil batman have a lot more thought put into them then the Inverted Axis heroes especially the sad hulk monster thing.

>Making offers for Hickman

Why? Has he written ANYTHING worth reading?

metal is a joke

This cape comic not intellectual enough for you?

almost everything he's written, yeah

are you lost, Sup Forums?

based Bemis, Brisson and Cates saving superhero comics
DC has Jurgens and Snyder's gay friends

its a goldmine of cringy bits

>blaming the writer for a shitty Marvel event
Never go full retard, user. Marvel events are shitty no matter who's writing them.

Well, I picked up his Secret Wars which was rough as hell, and his Image book EAST of WEST which reads like Akira fanfiction.

>Brisson and Cates going the way of Aaron and Remender
Sad.

I'll take that as a yes.

Age of Apocalypse is the only good cape event ever though

You mean COIE

Snyder is intentionally campy, though.

lol

You're both misspelling Final Crisis

Superman Beyond 3D is the only rereadable part of FC to me.

>I meant to sound stupid

they are misspelling Flashpoint

Says the butthurt marvelfag.

now THIS is just shitposting

I've always read his books expecting silly, over-the-top elements to be read half-way between the tone of TAS and Silver-Age Batman with a sprinkle of grimdark. Maybe I'm wrong. It just seems intentional to me.

>grimdark
found the underage kid

>no caps
>no punctuation
>the others are underage kids

I do not want to see Hickman at DC. He is a writer that appeals to Marvel readers only.

When he writes the edgelord Namor destroying a DC Earth, he is aiming at the kind of reader who will masturbate to this scene while thinking" Look how awesome Namor is! Fuck DC!".

His stories also have things that only fly in the Marvel universe, like "list of smartest people" and such.

>era of autocorrect
>punctuation meaning anything

>it means nothing because I'm too stupid to learn it
American, right?

why do you pretend you read comics?

I'm going on 30. I've never actually said your opinion on the book is wrong, man. I don't mean to offend you. I just interpreted those elements a bit differently. Maybe it's because I came to METAL after reading Snyder's All-Star Batman, which is clearly meant to be ridiculous. I don't want you to think I'm just trying to hate on you, I understand how somebody would dislike METAL.

i love how batfags need to make any argument about "how things are intentionally retarded" and as a last resort, grammar and punctuation

>taking the bait
user, I don't know how new/old you are but every post without caps or punctuation must be ignored, always.
See?

"Metal" IS better than AXIS.

It's a fact, deal with that.

metal is cavengers-tier at best

>user, I don't know how new/old you are but every post without caps or punctuation must be ignored, always.
2007. I just hate writing people off.

I'm not pretending.

Here another example. Dr. Strange wrecking Timothy Hunter + Dr. Fate and lecturing him on magic. Only Marvel readers would find this awesome.

Back to your containment board Quesada.

at last something good could come out of cavengers. Metal is 100% batwank and nothing about it will matter or be mentioned ever again by other writers once the event is done

you are taking a panel out of context. read the actual comic, that was not an awesome moment, but the point where dr strange lost his way for good. he went on to become a mass genocidal cultist after that

>Only Marvel readers would find this awesome.
Only people don't read comics would thing so.

>Legion of Super-Heroes will go to Orlando, Bendis, or Hickman
Fucking kill me

Please be Legion of Superheroes

i wonder if he left because he couldn't use shield

Namor being cocky while impaling a Martian Manhunter pastiche.

The guy ended up dying and Namor destroyed the planet he protected. Marvel fans spent months talking about how awesome Namor was on those issues.

Again, it only works with Marvel readers.

I don't really know if you can call him 'at DC', but this lifeless old goblin would be a good one.

He's dc enough. And yeah, I saw a talk with him and a few others on bats. The man can dish.

>nothing about it will matter or be mentioned ever again by other writers once the event is done
Why is this bad?

namor had -misguided- reasons to act like he is doing, and its not the worst thing he did before getting what was coming to him

again, only people who dont read comics would think namor was being "awesome", instead of crazy. i guess you are projecting hard

I imagine Bendis hates Miller's guts because of Holy Terror though.

>tfw Bendis probably hasn't even read Year One or DKR