So Williams is a huge Wallyfag. Do you think he will do the character right in Flashwar?

So Williams is a huge Wallyfag. Do you think he will do the character right in Flashwar?
>“FLASH WAR” prelude! The biggest Flash story of 2018 starts here, with a special story starring the classic Wally West, who’s conflicted over whether to let Iris West know he is alive—and he’ll need the help of the Flash to figure out what to do! But when Magenta, Wally’s old love, needs his help, the Flash returns home to Keystone City where he is confronted with violent memories of an unknown world… A major turning point for the Flash family that sets the path for earth shattering stories in 2018!

HES GOING TO REMEMBER HIS FUCKING KIDS
Also
>Magenta coming back
Sweet

Did people like his kids? I thought they were annoying as fuck.

Does it matter? End of the day he does what DC tells him to do, and that means keep Barry and NuWally on top.

Some people did like his kids but the book wasn't selling well before anyone knew if his kids were good or not, so most people don't even know about them.

I feel like if people are so in love with Jon and Damian that Wally's kids can be just as good. Iris II has been good in the past under Waid in time travel stories and alternate universe stuff, too.

What's the verdict on his run so far? I like Birthright and Nailbiter ended before it got too stupid.

>and Nailbiter ended just as it got too stupid

Fixed that for you.

That's more Johns Barry than I'm really happy with, but I guess that's his main character in the Flash right now.

>Terminal Velocity
DO IT DC

They never really settled into a place that worked, true. But I don't hate them on principal, more on execution. Plus, you never get Kingdom Come Iris Kid Flash without Wally's kids.

And Damian was like ten times as annoying and he's still around hogging pagespace.

>All that Johns
So I guess Flash is gonna keep being shit.

>the Flash returns home to Keystone City where he is confronted with violent memories of an unknown world…
So he is going to remember his kids right?

>>Terminal Velocity
>DO IT DC

They already did it. The first volume of Titans is basically just Terminal Velocity with a better villain and a worse ending.

He'll probably remember what happened with Zoom, which does include the death of his children. He won't remember them after they aged up, is what I'm guessing. They probably want to rejigger that entire debacle into something the fans could like.

>yfw we get back Bart, Max Mercury, Johnnie and Jesse Chambers, and Jay

It's perfectly serviceable, that's all I can say about it.

THE ENTIRE FLASH FAMILY IS COMING BACK!

- BARRY
- WALLY
- JAY
- BART
- MAX
- JESSE
- IRI

THE BOOK WILL BE CALLED SPEED FORCE!
SCREENCAP THIS!!!!!!!!

They're not bringing back Wally's stupid fucking kids you idiots. There's no way they're okay with Barry's sidekick leaping ahead of him in maturity that way.

Look at the picture, user. Look at the picture and consider what I might be asking DC to do.

DC is all about embracing family and legacy again. Sorry Nu52 baby.

But Wally is ahead of him in pretty much all other ways

That's the only thing I could see them fighting over.

They were bad under Waid, ok under Johns, and good under Bedard (in like two issues during Convergence). And adult Irey is liked well enough too.

>you will never see Iris' adventures as Kid Flash

Can't wait to see how wrong you are.

Is there any chance we will ever get to so classic Wally in a live action show/movie?

this

Nah, it's kind of the entire dynamic right now. Makes sense to explore it.

I really just want full reprints, I hope they get to WML eventually.

I hope so, but bringing back Barry may have scuttled any chance of that ever happening.

I still want Michael Rosenbaum to guest on the Flash in some capacity, maybe Max Mercury?

Collected WML would be nice. There's some good stuff in there.

> Not naming Flash War "Blitz Battles"

No it's not. It's why they de-aged Wally when they brought him back. You people are stupid as hell. It's also why they got rid of Linda and started Barry and Iris. They can't do Wally's whole life before Barry's. That shit can't happen out of order.

>Have to wait until January before I can read The flash again

Hmm yes you post the image of Barry with his GRANDSON and Wally with his daughter. My fucking point exactly.

They deaged him so he would be the same age as all his associates, nothing more. It's weird if he's 10+ years older than Dick and co.

>That shit can't happen out of order.

lmao

Then what else would it be?

Bart is from the future... are you retarded?

Speedforce ruined the entire franchise, such a stupid idea

Finally Ginger Wally Flash!!!
Best Flash coming through!

Yeah man, they knocked back all of his character development so he can be as undeveloped as all of his associates. You're making my point for me.

What else would what be? Flash War? It's just DC giving us Wally and Barry interacting because there's been none of it so far. Wally gets to be the supporting character to Barry like he usually is when Barry's alive.

My entire fucking point is that Wally doesn't get to progress past Barry. That's why they tried to get rid of him when he had kids, because that's when Barry stopped. And it's why they got rid of him in the New 52, so Barry could start from the beginning.

But no no, you guys are totally right, they're gonna pop out Wally's shitty kids. That was Williamson's plan all along. That's why he totally has The Wild Wests in that stack of books.

Oh wait, he fucking doesn't, dipshits. What you're going to get is a Flash homage fest. Williamson is going to give you little hints and teases about stuff from books like Terminal Velocity and Blitz and whatnot but, just like how Running Scared gave you glimpses of the Flash family, just like how Flash #9 gave you glimpses of the shit you're craving, it'll just be that, little references.

We MIGHT get the Flash family back. But they'll be Barry's supporting cast and not Wally's this time around. And that will definitely not include Wally's dumbfuck offspring that NO ONE LIKES ANYWAY.

And don't you faggots pretend you always liked Wally's kids. No one did. Waid didn't even like them! It's why that book fucking died.

I've screencapped this just so everyone can make fun of you when they bring back Wally's kids.

>confronted with violent memories of an unknown world

Wally's going to get his kids back and there's absolutely NOTHING you can do about it

God bless Rebirth

This reminds me of contrarians trying to argue Wally wasn't coming back when Titans Hunt was making it obvious as fuck.

>And it's why they got rid of him in the New 52, so Barry could start from the beginning.

And they're undoing everything from the Nu52. Again, how fucking retarded are you? It's over. The Nu52 experiment is done. Just accept that DC is about building families and legacies, yes, even with former sidekicks.

Williamson loves Bart soooo

>Being a New 52 fag

Bart is literately the only good speedster and that was only when PAD wrote him

It's going to be fun reading the storytime with Sup Forums. Seeing all the wallyfans and the baiters pretending to be barryfags in the thread shitting it up will be great time.

They're still in the same continuity though. Characters are still de-aged and some are appearing for the first time without references to the previous continuity, like they've never been introduced before. Barry and Iris didn't suddenly remember they were married, the story of the current comics is leading up naturally to that moment again.

I just want there to be a good Flash again. Barry is boring as shit.

What are the spoiler books Sup Forums ?

> JSA
> Impulse
> Blitz

Maybe like, post Infinite Crisis Outsiders, because Boomer Jr. is going to come back with Bart?

Bart-as-Flash trades?
The Kingdom?
Chain Lightning?

Yeah man they totally undid the New 52. That's why black Wally is right there. That's why Barry's still the one and only Flash and Wally's just a poser who wants to pretend his old life matters. That's why Donna's still based off her Finch version.

The only characters who got fixed in Rebirth were Superman and kind of sort of Wonder Woman. Wally's stuck with the Titans, a fate worse than death.

Not really no.

This here is the reason why his Flash has been so shitty and repetitive.

They should give Priest a kid flash book to write, even though I doubt he'd write it. That's the only way we can have a good Flash book.

He can't even do Barry right.

We can dream user.

Everything is slowly reverting back, dumb ass.

>Superman
>fixed
I think you meant broken. Damn Jurgebs naking his history absolute nonsense.

*Jurgens

> All Johns books, including shit ones.
> Except Blitz, the only decent Flash story Johns ever written.

I have at least one guess about what to expect from Flash War Sup Forumsmrades.

Williamson is literally Johns-light

I'll expand on this a little
>both of them have some fun ideas and silver age-y plots
>both rely on narration boxes too much
>both write verbose and bland dialogues
>both have a knack for some edginess
>both are at their best when writing compelling villains
>both started their DC careers with a long Flash run
shit, are we even sure Williamson exists, and isn't just Johns with a fake name?

It's impossible, Johns Flash OCs are bearable at least.

none like them.
Jai was the worst
Iris has potential because Jon and Damian.

Damian needs more friends his own age. Teen Titans is so awkward he needs to leave and form Young Justice with Irey, Jon, and Sin.

It's just a little wordy at times and I think he could have used a better set of artists.

Priest is not perfect user

No one gives Hama any credit for Deathstroke.

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Name one thing that has "reverted back" for Wally since the rebirth one shot where he went back to the Titans.

Williamson's never written a compelling villain so I'm not sure you can give him that. The only thing he's written that's even palatable is Thawne, who's so one dimensional that he's amusing but not compelling.

meh Zolomon's return was due. It's not like Wally has a big rogues gallery of his own purely.

not really

Wally has more of his own villains than Barry does, actually. Barry's just stuck more because Johns brought them back and made them more interesting.

Scratch that, Wally did, but since the New 52 I think Barry's passed him up. Enough OCs during New 52 and Rebirth to do so, garbage though they may be.

like who? Savitar (who is more obsessed about Speed Force than Wally), Cobalt Blue (BARRY'S evil twin), Kobra (i think they are more street level now, Kilg%re (a lame obscure villain Cyborg stole now), Chillblaine (who was a laughing stock instead of a villain)...and....Magenta, I guess?

The title character from Nailbiter is the only good part of it but he might be more of an antihero a la Dexter.

wait, Zolomon is coming back?
when did that happen?

Nah, nothing is confirmed. People are just guessing he's the reason for this part from solicits:
>, the Flash returns home to Keystone City where he is confronted with violent memories of an unknown world…

Because he left a while back.

Yeah, this could basically be anything. Wally endured a lot of violence in his time.

You're glossing over a whole lot of characters.

Murmur, Speed Demon, Killg%re, McCulloch, Mercer, Axel, Replicant, Folded Man, Blacksmith, Grimm, Girder, Tar Pit, Cicada, Double Down, Plunder, Peek-a-Boo, Hunter Zolomon, Black Flash, Fallout, Engstrom, and there's a few other modern characters who Wally dealt with that would bounce around other books, though I wouldn't call them specifically Wally villains.

Wally's list of dudes was enormous. Barry's was relatively small but more recurring.

I'm still holding out hope that the real Bart was lost in time and his disembodied form struck Bar Torr in that meteor storm, trapping him inside as an alternate personality.

"Return of Impulse" would involve Wally and Young Justice separating him from the mass murderer.

Stay mad

I can't wait for him to be wrong

You guys really don't get it, do you?

Why would you WANT his kids to come back? It's like begging for Venditti to write Flash again. His kids were part of the worst Flash comics ever and it was their fault.

DC barely even wanted to bring Wally back and he's one of their best characters. They were so against it because of how it messes with Barry's timeline. They acquiesced because they were failing and Johns had some creative control but even Johns doesn't care about Wally's dumb kids.

You'll get Jay. You'll get Bart. You might even get Max and Jesse if you're lucky, based on Williamson's teases. But tell, when have they teased Wally's kids coming back in any of the ongoing stories since Rebirth started?

So, looking at this book by book, what do we have?

>History of the DC Universe
Post Crisis historical overview of the new combined universe.
>The Secret of Barry Allen
Identity Crisis tie in, Johns ruins the redeemed Rogues by making it all brainwashing.
>Rogue War
All the Rogues get unreformed, Zoom and Thawne team up, Wally's kids de-abort.
>Dastardly Death of the Rogues
Post Rebirth Barry fights the Rogues, and future Rogues.
>Wonderland
Wally gets trapped in a nightmare world by Brother Grimm and escapes with Mirror Master's help. First appearance of Plunder.
>Zero Hour
Wally 'dies' saving time from Parallax Hal.
>NTT
Wolfman gradually depowers Wally because he can't make superspeed not broken. Wally dates Magenta, before she goes nuts. Wally leaves the book ~Crisis to become Flash.
>Terminal Velocity
Bart's introduction, the Speed Force gets fully established, lots of work on the Flash Family.
>Return of Barry Allen
Zoom's origin, Wally confronts living in Barry's shadow.
>Flashpoint
Barry teams up with Batman's Dad to ruin decades of continuity
>Flash Rebirth
Barry comes back, with a new worse origin and Geoff Johns retroactively makes Hunter Zolomon a worse character by making him a self insert.
>Crisis
Worlds Live, Worlds Die. Barry dies and Wally becomes Flash.
>DCU Rebirth
Wally comes back, Watchmen posting
>Flash Omnibus
Barry stories from the 50s and 60s, I'm guessing based on the Volume One and the size. So a lot of Rogue first appearances here.

Bart was introduced an arc before Kobra. Bart got his own arc.

No

People like the idea of Wally growing up and being a father, but no the actual kids were awful

Sigh.

Waid took on the book. Immediately had one of his bitch fits and quit right on the first arc. The series never had a consistent writer or artist after. Despite that, the kids were pretty likable.

You have to understand. They never wanted Wally back. They tried making Bart the Flash, it failed spectacularly. They half assed Wally and family's return. Van Sciver and Johns were pushing Barry's return. Johns convinced Morrison to use Final Crisis to bring him back. The thing is, neither Sciver or Johns wanted Wally gone, they just wanted Barry back. Like Kyle and Hal.

Waid didn't have a bitch fit. His artist did. Dude quit after the last second and they had to scramble to throw shit together. DC also lied to him and pulled the rug out from under him, breaking every promise they made to him about the title.

He would've left on that alone before the first issue ever went out but decided not to fuck his editor and did a full arc before leaving.

Johns was not pushing Barry's return. EVS convinced Didio who told Morrison to make Wally's part Barry's part, so it was an easy enough switch.

Sciver was definitely fine with Wally gone. He has, many times, stated how he does not care that Wally was gone and was happy that the only true Flash is Barry Allen because that's how he always felt about things.

Yeah, your point being? I don't care what the excuses are, you don't want his shitty kids back. They're garbage.

You might like the idea of Wally someday having kids who aren't gargled sewage but that's not "wanting his kids back." That's wanting new kids you dumbfuck.

Fuck right the fuck off. Iris and Jai were plenty of fun whether it was the issue where they stole superman's cape or where Iris was aging to death and she comforts her brother who was scared. Go have an autistic fit somewhere else.

Waid's words. This is a man who once smashed a phone receiver because an editor told him he had to follow continuity. He is infamous for throwing fits. The other side of the story is Waid got crossways with Dan Didio and management.

Johns was convinced by Van Sciver. The plan was for a Speed Force title eventually that would have starred the extended flash family. Van Sciver was a major force, but Johns pulled the strings. He has always been a Barry man.

>He has always been a Barry man.

Absolutely not. Johns is a Wallyfag and everyone knows this. He is also just a big in-universe legacy guy as well and prefers every version to be acknowledged and claim their own space (as seen with his work on literally every DC franchise). He got bamboozled into thinking WB executives would actually do his thing and he was small enough to give in instead of walk off the book when it was apparent that would not happen.

Waid's words backed up by the facts of what followed. Everything he said that wasn't behind the scenes were true and no one said he was lying.

the writers love wally more (after all, he is the better written character) but the executives love a man that is easier to market.

Most writers probably love Barry more. A lot of old school writers in the business.

What does it matter if Johns is a Wallyfag? He supports Barry because Barry is in the show and movies. And he's not writing comics anymore anyhow. And he's the one who brought back Barry anyhow.

You can't say he got "bamboozled." If he had any backbone he could've stood up for it. He is and always will be a company man first