(Still not) She-Hulk Storytime

Because man was meant to suffer and Tomasi is till on Shulk, I present to you... She-Hulk

youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

The End

It will never end, It will spread

Who asked for this? Why didn’t Marvel just make Jess fun and green again? Isn’t that what Legacy was suppose to be about? “Fixing” all their mistakes by “going back to basics” by making like the old comics? Why is Jen still like this? Why keep the shitty comic like this? Is this someone favorite comic up at the Marvel higher ups? Do readers like this?

Whhhhhhhy?????!!!!!!

This coloring is awful.

>wants to be She-Hulk
the most relatable villain motivation.

Dude, which one of us DOESN'T want to be Shulk

Forgot to add pic

We're all rooting for you Robyn. Live the dream.

Because you touch yourself at night.

So she's back to ignoring the 4th wall in the very next issue. This book has no idea what it wants to be.

This is the exact same plot as the previous run on Wonder Woman.

No user you misunderstand, a lot of us want to be IN Shulk

Those burgers look like heart attack burgers. Like in the boondocks.

She hulk looks good here. So why the fuck does she he a monster chin here!

Is this book still decompressed as all hell?

God yes.

How is the cat emoji supposed to sound? Is it just the word "Cat" or is it a meow? Or are non emotion emojis just like sentence enhancers you put there for style points? I never use them so I'm not sure how they work. I speak English, not ancient Egyptian after all!

How dare they do anything different

>who’s cares if it’s dogshit! It’s different! That means it’s good!

I didn't say it was good. But I'm not fundamentally against doing a more serious, back to basics interpretation of She-Hulk.

It's been going much faster. I really liked this issue, they didn't tease us with the Leader and the new girl the whole time and just told us what was going on. If this was the first arc, Jen probably would have chased that kid the whole issue and ended with him sounding like some "mysterious" voice.

The possibility of a new flavor of female Hulk has also reawakened my boner. I'm getting some Harley Quinn vibes from her, so I'm wondering how her Hulk would turn out.

Less a sound and more a facial expression.

How could ANYONE look at this page after making it, and then look at the pages before it, and think, "Damn, we're sure on the right track here at Marvel! Things are looking up and we're definitely going in the right direction!"

>But I'm not fundamentally against doing a more serious, back to basics interpretation of She-Hulk

Lol epic meme

I knew it wasn't gonna last, but I hoped

Oh well, back on the dropped list

>All these words in a Hulk book
shit

So because of Charles Soules shitty Shulk comic we are stuck with Hellcat forever, right?

12 pages in we finally see she-hulk

...and that's it. One fucking page with her and its back to talking.

Jennifer Jones.

Its being written by a faggot cunt who has no appreciation for comics. I'd be floored if she's even read a Hulk book before this.

I decided to look at her twitter. Transgender this, Gay that. If she had it in her power she'd make all of Power Pack pedo bait. She's the equivalent of Gaby Rivera but has leverage on the fact she made a few D list comics. She is a walking strawman, who i'm pretty assurant is going to make Shulk into Hulk unless someone stops her.

>this is what's wrong with feminism
hearty kek because it's true

>One fucking page with her and its back to talking.
I think it took 5 fucking ISSUES before the writer had her actually Hulk-out the first time, so this is actually action packed compared to the first arc.

Aaaaaannd It's fucking nothing. Again.
I can't fap to it, it's not fun, there's no action at all. What was the point of any of this?
Thanks OP. We'll get through this. R-right?

With Marvel doubling down, and Bendis jumping ship like the sole survivor of a boat full of lepers sinking to a healthy ship that is DC to infect, Most of us are on a lifeboat waiting for the waves to take us to safe harbor.

>a more serious, back to basics interpretation of She-Hulk
>more serious
>back to basics
user She-Hulk's "Basics" had her as a light hearted, third wall breaking comedic character getting in zany shenanigans with Doom Patrol tier villains. She was absolutely not some grim and gritty character that suffered through a chore of a life.

She's that easily penetrated?

It's She-Hulk, after Juggernaut just about anyone can penetrate her

The Leader probably made an adamantium needle or something

In fact, they previously TRIED to do a serious, back-to-basics interpretation of She-Hulk...and everyone hated it because nobody wants to read a She-Hulk comic consisting of Jennifer angsting.

>book is called She-Hulk
>book only contains 1 page featuring a Hulk creature that presumably identifies as female
:^)

emojis convey emotions and sentiments, to compensate for how tone and inflection don't carry over into txt unless you narrate yourself like a weirdo

I did

But there the doctor lady wanted to become Wondy because she was dying, here this doctor lady just wants to be Shulkie because she wants to be hot big green chick.

Dost thou have a problem with become a Shulk who can crush a mans skull with her thighs of glory.

what kind of emotion does a catface make

That you like to punch the pussy

>emojis convey emotions and sentiments, to compensate for how tone and inflection don't carry over into txt unless you narrate yourself like a weirdo
>unless you narrate yourself like a weirdo
Can confirm.
I absolutely refuse to use emoji and my texts do in fact read like Rorschach's journal.

Everything about this comic sucked
the dialogue was terrible, the lineart is ass, the coloring is sloppy

basically nothing happened, everyone rambles on and everything is stretched way too fucking long

fuck everyone that worked on this

but thanks op

yeah, i do. too many damn hulks already. too many goddamn hulks.

A regular Hulkamaniac.

For once I wish it was just an overly excited lesbian fangirl, but nooooooooooo!

Can I ask, did ANYONE actually want this? "Let's take one of the hottest women in comics, and make her a joyless, ugly manjaw hag who rarely transforms."

Who was this meant to appeal to?

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

but this makes no sense. man if they envy another dude, want to be him. but females when they envy another female want her to die/get fat/lose voice/etc. They are making the blond scientist act like a man on drugs or hormons.

I actually want to read this Wondy arc. What issues covered this story?

Also, this book wasn't that bad, I liked the art and the story is moving faster without feeling like it's rushed.

So it should've been a dude who wanted to be She-Hulk.

She wasn't comedic until John Byrne wrote her. Her original version was just girl Hulk.

#26-29, Heart of the Amazon.
Warning: it's not very good.

> This is what’s wrong with feminism
> everything

Batman didn't really become Batman until a year after Tec 27 when Jerry Robinson joined up

But the theme/tone of the comic didn't change. And then Denny O'Neil brought Batman back to those early years after he'd been a campy kids character for decades.

My point is it's a valid interpretation of She-Hulk. I'm OK with authors taking characters in new directions as long as their characterization is consistent. I don't think it is in this case, but I'm not against the idea of a more serious take on the character.

There is a balance that can be struck without feeling lime a 1 and 0 choice

Deadpool under Kelly and now under Duggan believably made authentic serious moment without completely turnin off the comedic elements

Nothing about the tone shift last issue and then this one feels earned

Just here to point out that it's Mariko Tamaki not Tomasi writing this.

But otherwise I agree with every gripe put forward ITT. Jen is supposed to epitomize cheesecake.

Also, enough of the word "frick". Someone tell shit slut to use the symbols as they've always done and just script the word "fuck".

Better than the crap going on now

She-Hulk doesn't match up with Feminism because she's judged for being a hot slutty character by fat pieces of garbage like this writer. So I guess that is what's wrong with feminism, women judging women.

The thing is I don't think this writer would work with someone who refused to draw Jen as anything but drop dead gorgeous. Which is who and what She-Hulk is. So is she saying she's part of the problem or just ignoring that She-Hulk as a character is inherently ruined by nuFeminism?

They literally had Aarons write Jane Thor shitting on the idea of Jen being called SHE-Hulk ("I know they called you She-Hulk but don't blame that on me..."). It's as if Marvel cant decide if being a woman is embarrassing or if it's only acceptable if you're unattractive.

>Do readers like this?

I really loved the first arc. It felt like they were really trying to build up an ongoing. Then the second arc happened and it was clear they were getting the "stealth mini" treatment and my interest plummeted.

That being said, I have no attachment to the 4th wall Jennifer. Marvel's got a few of those now and the joke has worn thin for me.

It would make sense if she was greener and dark. But gray hulk/mr fixit was a lesser version of hulk. It would make sense for her to be less hulky instead of more hulky in her gray form.

>I really loved the first arc.
>That being said, I have no attachment to the 4th wall Jennifer.

I'm not so opposed to Marvel writing books for people who don't like the definitive versions of the characters but it just seems like she doesn't need to be ugly for that to work. It seems like they made her ugly to make her acceptable to readers like that rather than making them accept the fact that female super heroes don't have to be titless, fridge shaped "things" all the time.

Essentially, I'm all good with them doing something different story-wise but if you're not even using the character as is shouldn't this story be done with another character? I mean for fucks sake DC just did the same storyline with their absolutely beautiful Diana. Makes no sense to make Shulkie mannish.

Be Carol, have She-Hulk as your gf.

What readers? Nobody buys this shit any more. It's a sweatshop for shitty movie script ideas, now.

At this point I'm shocked when a marvel girl isn't some dyke lesbian or just entirely unlikable.
They can turn all of their female cast into deranged trans lesbian feminists for all I care, just leave Peter alone dang it.
I've always been a spider-man fan and they're making it a bit difficult to keep it that way.