Movies now and days are just adult cgi films

Hollywood makes everything in their movies cgi now except the actors most of the time. This makes the acts stick out like a sore thumb to everything else around them that is cgi. I don't understand why they haven't made a action movie that is just cgi. You can still hire actors for mo-cap video games have been doing this for a while. How would you feel about an completely cgi movie that isn't a kid's cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6k3YBmIUYo
youtube.com/watch?v=6LETvY2mdls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Opinions like yours are a diamond dozen.

What a doggy dog world we live in.

>Life of Pie

I would prefer a cgi full superheroe movie for example.
Would not care about x actor wanting 50 millions dollars or retiring from the part, also it would be better for more "epic" scenes.

Human actors are the most expensive to CGI. It is possible, but it is still cheaper to hire real actors as of now. Human brains are evolved to detect unusual movements and behaviours of other humans.

At least JW had a more detailed model to interact with. But the over glossing of CGI made them seem less believable

It was not just all CGI with a few scenes of an actual tiger.

There were some cool practical effects

I Honestly think star power is over rated. Look at video games for instance, they for the most part don't hire multi-millionaire actors for the cgi acting that is done in modern triple A games. You have people like Nolan North who does great mo-cap acting and voice acting. He is better pick that Peter Dinklage or Kiefer Sutherland.

That could be interesting -- I'd really enjoy that. However, I'm a little worried that a realistic human face could be exceptionally hard to pull off in CG, let alone an entire body, complete with all the motions. It could be a whole lot easier with motion capture, but if we're talking no motion capture... well, I don't think the technology is quite there yet. Take Rogue One for example -- it attempted to pull of not only one, but two CGI faces, and they only looked convincing some of the time, AND they had motion capture to help them out. Maybe in 5 to 10 years we could get something like you suggested, but for now, I'm afraid it's going to have to be live action actors or motion capture.

>I don't understand why they haven't made a action movie that is just cg

Beowulf.

Final Fantasy Kingsglaiv.

Space Captain Harlock.

Lots of other examples the fuck are you talking about

>Movies now and days are just adult cgi films
>adult

PG-13 hardly qualifies as adult.

>How would you feel about an completely cgi movie that isn't a kid's cartoon?

it was great

Major studios don't care about what might sell. They want what has sold in the past. The less they can deviate from previous films the happier corporate is.

Someday we're all gonna be CGI, watching movies with all real actors and practical effects so we can wonder what it would be like to be real

A lot of movies are sold on actor names. They're not getting rid of them for a while.

I don't know what you're complaining about OP, I think that looks amazing. Really makes me believe Emilia Clarke is a real person and actually there.

Reminder that CGI + Practical Effects is the God-tier combo

I'd love more CGI movies along the lines of Captain Harlock or FFXV Kingsglaive. Or even something along the quality of Blizzard's Overwatch shorts. Just enough of this bug eyed boss baby bullshit.

The studio that made those effects was forced into bankruptcy because of this film.

why

Really you're describing what the Warcraft movie should have been.

Beowulf flopped and the shitty transformer movies make billions.

The masses prefer flesh actors.

UNCANNY VALLEY BRO
no matter how good we think we are at CGI people. it will never look right and just be stiff, exaggerated, or otherwise not right

we forgive that stuff in a video game cinematic, and are ok with quick shots in film
but a full movie with CGI people would break suspension of disbelief in about 10 minutes

and anything without people would be considered a cartoon regardless of subject

Does anyone think a Metal Gear Solid movie would work? The characters and stories are already interesting enough for players to look past the animation. MGS already has tons of things Americans love like guns and explosions. Plus studios don’t have to worry about actors getting old or hurt. Seems like the perfect breakthrough movie.

This should have been nothing but orcs, they were the only good actors.

It was I who forced them, just for the hell of it!

The majority of sets and effects in Blade Runner 2049 were fully practical (With CG touch ups) and miniatures

Nice digits, the issue frankly is that without Kojima and without gameplay an MGS film might simply not work. The creator of Princess Mononoke had to fight to keep his original work intact and with "no cuts".

>I Honestly think star power is over rated.
It doesn't change the fact that if you are not going to hire a star, then it is still cheaper to hire a no-name actor than CGI.

What about blizz' Warcraft trailers?

Honestly
All the human actors were so fucking flat, what was that?

>fake super sentai CGI
>digi shakey can

yeah right.

Someone shop a benis in place of that green-screen thing!

Oh hey what's going on in this thread?

Your writing is atrocious.
>I don't understand why they haven't made a action movie that is just cgi.
James Cameron's Avatar was 100% CGI.

The best lightsaber fight is the one at the end of Phantom Menace for this exact reason: CGI used to enhance actual choreography and traditional wirework.

They didnt get paid back a fair amount or royalties.
These people practically killed themselves to make that movie and got zero reward for it.

It's been done before, user.

>Movies now and days are just adult cgi films

>Movies back then were just adult puppet films.

:O

It's all a matter of execution, as with any media. LotR did CGI amazingly well while the Star Wars prequels made most people gag.

The duel of fates was good, but this was better. Raging out clumsiness and everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=E6k3YBmIUYo

>I don't understand why they haven't made a action movie that is just cgi.
youtube.com/watch?v=6LETvY2mdls

>Beowulf is already ten years old
I remember I masturbated to sexy lizard CGI Angelina Jolie seducing Beowulf out of him man-seed

Kek.

WE

What a hivemind, I didn't see you before, same sexy scene and all

You mean like Beowolf ?