2017 Superhero movies

Logan - Stunning conclusion to Wolverine and Charles Xavier's storylines. Emotionally touching. Made me cry.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Fun zanny ride that still manages to have a decent emotional arc.

Wonder Woman - Revitalizing the DCEU while also being the first decent Female lead Superhero movie.

Spider-man Homecoming - Good Spider-man, Great Peter Parker, Amazing Villain. Gave him a great down to earth plot line exploring the street level of the MCU, with the tieins feeling like natural parts of the universe instead of advertisement.

Captain Underpants and Lego Batman - Two decent kid movies.

Thor: Ragnarok - Hilarious. Revitalising the lagging Thor sub franchise, casting off the unneeded baggage, while keeping the good stuff like Loki and Thor. Kicking off Hulk's character arc.

Can we at least agree that 2017 has been a pretty good year for Superhero movies, even if Justice League does shit the bed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qxlA5PM2dqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Spider-man Homecoming: Generic bland garbage that would be deemed too safe even for a disney channel sitcom
Fixed for ya, everything else is spot on though

>Can we at least agree that 2017 has been a pretty good year for Superhero movies, even if Justice League does shit the bed.
No because this is the first post and anons will take any chance to shit on the MCU whether its warranted or not.

Lego Batman was pure Batkino not just a "decent kid movie", fucking casual

Captain Underpants beats them all.

JUSTice League will revitalize the stagnant meme industry beyond any superhero movie yet made.

>Good Spider-man, Great Peter Parker
Quick how to guide on spotting someone who doesn't read comics.

>Quick how to guide on spotting someone who doesn't read comics.

Better than the other spider-men movies version of peter parker.

Never said anything about the other MCU movies, but there's not denying homecoming is the safest fucking film ever made, it just needed a carebear in a secondary role, jesus

I didn't watch it, just going off what my little bro said. I did watch Captain Underpants tho, which was really good.

He wasn't a 30 year old pretending to be a kid or some skater kid. So yeah best Peter Parker in movies so far.

Power Rangers and Wonder Woman were the only surprisingly decent capeflicks this year.

Guardians, Spider-Man and Thor were generic MCU-shit as expected. Logan was another disgrace like the previous Wolverine movies. JL will be trash too.

>with the tieins feeling like natural parts of the universe instead of advertisement
user, Stark is to Homecoming is what Krispy Kreme was to the Power Rangers movie (x10)

You should give it a watch.
youtu.be/qxlA5PM2dqE

Peter Parker isn’t only a young teenager at high school all the time Quesada, fuck off

>Better than the other spider-men movies version of peter parker.
Objectively wrong, both Andrew and Toby acted 100Xs more like Peter Parker than Homecoming.
>He wasn't a 30 year old pretending to be a kid or some skater kid.
Yeah, they just stripped him of his entire motive, sense of responsibility, chip on his shoulder, and constant doubt about whether being a hero is worth the effort. Best Peter, amirite?!?

I thought Power Rangers was half decent. The main cast was surprisingly great, I just wish the rest of the movie reached that level.

>Thor: Ragnarok - Hilarious. Revitalising the lagging Thor sub franchise, casting off the unneeded baggage, while keeping the good stuff like Loki and Thor. Kicking off Hulk's character arc
>Revitalising the lagging Thor sub franchise, casting off the unneeded baggage, while keeping the good stuff like Loki and Thor.
>while keeping the good stuff like Loki and Thor.
>good stuff like Loki
>Loki

>>>reddit

>Revitalizing the DCEU
Revitalizing would require the DCEU to have been alive in the first place.

God, I hope so. If I see another stagnant, forced sneed post, I will personally put Sup Forums out of its misery.

>both Andrew and Toby acted 100Xs
>Andrew

I admire your optimism OP but I really don't agree with your opinions at all.

Barbara Gordon was pretty bad tho

>Logan - Stunning conclusion to Wolverine and Charles Xavier's storylines. Emotionally touching. Made me cry.
Haven't seen it, but I believe you.
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Fun zanny ride that still manages to have a decent emotional arc.
Too sarcastic and quippy for its own good. There are some potentially genuine moments that are ruined by poorly timed jokes and the movie has no sense of weight or consequence. Yondu's funeral was kino though.
>Wonder Woman - Revitalizing the DCEU while also being the first decent Female lead Superhero movie.
It was safe and looked pretty, but it wasn't as impactful as MoS or BvS and ultimately won't leave as big of a mark on the genre.
>Spider-man Homecoming - Good Spider-man, Great Peter Parker, Amazing Villain. Gave him a great down to earth plot line exploring the street level of the MCU, with the tieins feeling like natural parts of the universe instead of advertisement.
Literally "dude spiderman lmao" the movie. I'd argue that the only redeeming quality of the movie was Keaton, and the Vulture was one of the most compelling villains in the MCU so far (though that's not much of an accomplishment). Too much bad CGI weighs down what could be great action setpieces and Peter seems completely undermined by Tony in terms of legitimacy (which, yes, was the point, but I'd rather see Peter learn the things he learns on his own rather than through a bigger better hero).
>Captain Underpants and Lego Batman - Two decent kid movies.
Agreed. I'd say LB was better than the Lego Movie; it felt less spastic in its humor and had a more tightly wound plot.
>Thor: Ragnarok - Hilarious. Revitalising the lagging Thor sub franchise, casting off the unneeded baggage, while keeping the good stuff like Loki and Thor. Kicking off Hulk's character arc.
Haven't seen it yet, but I have a feeling I'll disagree.

Honestly, Spder-man should be with Captain Underpants and lego batman. Its a kids movie. I thought it was ok, but it's a kids movie.

>Good Spider-man, Great Peter Parke
>Great Peter Parker

No. He isn't Peter Parker

So they got the character spot on

>Homecoming
>Gave him a great down to earth plot line
You mean a boring as shit plot line that doesn't fucking matter. It was just a Disney Channel original movie with a little bit of Spider-Man video game cut scenes tacked on.
Otherwise pretty good, but holy fuck was SM:H awful.

>Good Spider-man, Great Peter Parker

pic related is apparently your perfect spiderman

>Amazing Villain
He carried that movie harder than a 6-slotted Medusa

Guardians of the Galaxy was complete trash that made a the only decent character arc seem better than it was. The plot is boring and so are the constant jokes, by the time it's dragged up to the final act I just wanted it to be over. Not to mention the movie had a bad habit of ruining what could have been emotional moments by making really shit jokes instead (David Hasselhoff, Pac-Man, etc.)

Spider-Man Homecoming was only good because of Keaton's character - the twist of him being that prom dates father was the only surprising moment in the movie. The whole of the nerd class was insufferable to listen too, even worse that I was expected to care when their life was in danger. Too many moments when Spider-Man had to do his hero thing were only caused because Spider-Man was there. He's legitimately the problem throughout this story.

Thor Ragnarok was bland shit. No one was their own character with their identifiable character traits, instead everyone felt like the same quippy character. Too many interactions just felt like cheap sitcom scenes that went on too long, taking the audience out of the special fantastical movie feel, all you're left with is actors gabbing on for too long in a terrible plastic looking set. The set designs were awful too, just because they used a lot of colour doesn't mean they used it well. Eventually all the sets looked horrific regurgitations of colour and the Arena fight was the weakest green screen in a marvel movie to date.

I'll agree on Logan but the rest I haven't seen.

This year has been pretty good. Though, I feel that nothing can top 2014's Winter Soldier/GOTG Combo.

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think Wonder Woman was anything special.

ALL SHIT!

No.

Wonder Woman is garbage but the rest is pretty good.

Sure
Though I still hate Thor3 went the comedy route so hard. It had great visuals and amazing action, yet it still felt to go for the pratfall every chance killing any chance of a good serious mood.

>logan
I agree
>wonder woman
Haven't watched it, not watching it
>gotg2
I agree, yondu's funeral was the best part of the movie
>spiderman
Vulture was neat as fuck, best part of the movie
>thor
Kicking off hulk's character arc, 1/3 of the comedy and Hela were the only parts I liked.