WORK ON YOUR ART THREAD

Work on your art thread.

I didn't... have the actual Batman pic so I made one..

Other urls found in this thread:

78.media.tumblr.com/cb2fda79950d2e45d6f31cf9c4ce4aa4/tumblr_oxfwu4zZoQ1v52zvho1_500.png
tumblr.com/blog/1hourcomics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but why.

I'm currently working on the pitch bible to an animated series I'm planning to pitch eventually

that guy got a beautiful face,

Neat, anything you can share without giving away anything that you don't want given away?

Mandy Posted.

i was being chased by government men in bathtubs with legs in my dream last night.

Lately I've drawing a lot more, I think I've been getting a little better but I really have no idea.

Finally have the balls to post it here, pls be gentle. Yes, I'm poor so I have to draw on actual paper.

Trying to work on emoting. I wanta nail down the "hair moves to match emotions" thing that Ghibli movies do.

I actually hadn't thought about doing that, I think I'll try that too!

this is the batman pic I always use, for anyone that wants it.

I'll post some actual art here later.

Its not too bad, your shoulders are shifted forwards though, almost like an ape puting his arms infront of himself, kinda like a Gorilla.

Thank you so much! I was screaming at myself for not saving it.

Nother Mandy

Hello Sup Forums, this was my recent sketch of mister miracle in bruce timm dcau style. What can i improve upon, and who should i draw next or try and translate into this style?

Thanks for the insight, any tips on how to fix it?

Damn that's neat, can't really figure anything constructive criticism since this is stylized (and pretty spot-on imo) but you should try drawing digitally.

I can tell you what my idea for the premise is, if you don't mind me repeating an idea I've posted in other threads before

Sure, I'm not privy.

Alright, here's the premise

A middle-aged barbarian frost giant is cursed and turned into a dwarf.

He tries to find a spell to reverse this, learning several other spells (particularly ice spells) in the process, and becomes somewhat of a wizard. His ice magic would start off fairly weak but grow in ability over time as he learns more magic

Since his home is too big for him to live in now, he stays in an inn in a town for more human-sized people. Some of the inn's other regulars include a zombie peasant girl who's all too willing to help him with anything (he treats her more like a minion than anything, at least at first.) and an ogre/troll (not sure which one yet) who's an aspiring barbarian who was a fan of the wizard's back when he was a giant.

The three would essentially be the show’s main trio. At first, the wizard wouldn’t care much for the other two, seeing them mostly as disposable servants, but he’d warm up to them over time.

The show would be a comedic fantasy (though preferably without anachronistic jokes because those are in pretty much every comedic fantasy) with fantasy elements loosely based off of Norse Mythology. It would also be a domestic fantasy of sorts, with episodes mostly taking place around the inn and the town it’s in.

How's that sound?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not taken too it, you need to work on a decent hook there. It's not garbing my attention, but then again it might just be my taste.

swarthy hothead + neutron lad

clean up your lines, timm's style relies a lot on smooth, swift lines that convey a sense of motion even in static poses

B-b-but I can't draw Batman!?!?!?

It's easy!

Maybe we should do the thing /ic/ does and have a new batman for new threads.

Been having a really hard time drawing lately. But, I was able to crank this out earlier this week. Felt good. Had fun with it. Felt really nice to enjoy drawing something when I've been having a mental block for a short bit.

I really like this.

This picture actually makes me feel better than the Batman pic that's always used.

this is so cute!!

This is pretty cool!

That isn't what I meeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttt.....

I made a thing

kek

Just two space explorer

I see that quantum space vagina!

Here.

Don't know what you thought would happen using a tablet with paper.

Guys I need help
I have had writers block for like 10 years now and I need motivation.

Write about... humus.

For those of you who have an idea for an animated show they want to pitch and if you're up for it, tell me why would kids enjoy your show? Is it because of the action, the wacky humor?

I already got an idea for a cartoon show, but I need to finish my comic tonight. I running late.

>implying my show would be for kids

I guess they'd like it because of the violence, though.

Depends on the age range, when you're young the whacky humor is everything. But now a days kids are hitting 10 years old and are almost completely out of the 100% whacky humor stage by then. Thats where you want to focus on adding things like action and other such things. Add some drama, but not too much, and for god's sake don't make any asspulls. Kids will call bullshit faster than adults, and when they get mad, they get mad. So if you make them mad enough to stop watching the show cause you did something stupid, that's on you.

Batman stop being so cute.

That's her mouth tho.But whatever.

Sort of work for two main ideas right now. First one does have a lot of robots, weapons, and mecha fight scenes which might appeal to young boys and would be good for merchandising. Girls would probably be more drawn to everyday highschool shenanigans characters undergo when the action isn't happening.

Second one consists of cute animal characters and although intended for both genders girls would probably be more drawn to it because of that.

>That's her mouth tho.
...UPPER QUANTUM SPACE "VAGINA"!

I like your style!
The second figure looks kinda off balance

thanks user

think you're right, if you trace down the neck to the spine it doesn't quite line up with the legs, and his shoes are sorta wonky too

How do you guys pull yourself out of a slump?

Been teaching my daughter to draw while working on my own art. She's eight, what do you think?

Don't fall into one. NOo, I'm serious, hear me out. Whenever I feel one coming on, I throw myself into my work harder. If I can't find anything that I want to draw, I focus on stuff that I NEED to draw. Practice everything that I'm currently lacking in and even just doing refresher stuff. You need to keep drawing SOMETHING everyday to keep yourself from falling from a small slump and into a deep rut. If you're already in a rut, you can try and work yourway out of it, or you can find something new to inspire you. A new show, visit a new fandom for a bit. I used the /ztg/ thread to get out of one not to long ago. You just need to be doing something otherwise you'll slowly rot.

This is hers!? FUCK! Keep her going, but make sure she enjoys it. Once it becomes a chore she'll start slowly resenting it and potentially you! Nurture that talent carefully man!

the squad

better than the OC Digimon I was drawing at that age

Holy shit, dude.

Does she enjoy learning this stuff from you?

Bump

bump a dump

How exactly does the plot advance? What does the MC do to further his goal of getting back to normal?

What program is this, user?

Working on this for a Sunday-style page

Medibang, its pretty decent, its free and you only have to deal with one ad/promotion on start up.

I'm working on finishing up the first round of outline edits for my book but I also realize I want to make the environment a little more lively. Like random people that the main characters come across look kind of interesting

That is a tried and true gag, love it!

Oh I forgot my pic

We're also reaching pg10.

Did this to rile the Caulicucks in Sup Forums and Sup Forums

>want to draw something, not grind boxes
>can't because whatever I draw will be shit because I haven't grinded enough boxes
Send help

Gotta have fun once in a while. Just draw it anyway.

funny, i actually have some of those books and those kinds of pencils, i got a tablet too but i pretty using the shitty touchscreen of my laptop to draw..

Working on this. Needs a bit more polish and lighting tweaking.

Man is it hard to make a lighting scheme like this look good...

Nightwing doing a bit of ballet.

No. Fuck you. I don't follow orders from a pedophile like Batman.

Okay, I need help deciding on a cover.

I'm trying to recreate this comic page: 78.media.tumblr.com/cb2fda79950d2e45d6f31cf9c4ce4aa4/tumblr_oxfwu4zZoQ1v52zvho1_500.png

Do any of these three work? (Difference between B and C are just Luna's eyes.)

Please keep in mind to ignore how well or poorly drawn these sketches are. I'm looking for a good representation of that cover's idea.

Or should I try another sketch entirely?

A

I say A too, but I think B-C could work if you made the eyes look more like A

Kek. Can I make this a reaction image.

Go for it.

Just cropped out the corner part.

B

>Just cropped out the corner part.

A looks pretty damn good.

... yes sir...

B. You have a much better focal point in B/C than A, the top-down perspective provides a lot more visual interest.

A with B's eyes

How do I draw feet/shoes/boots?

Before I got mostly used to doing them without a guide, I used this method.

I'd find my "floor", then draw the foot print, where whatever part of the foot connects solidly with the floor. Then I'd build up from their until I had my shoes done. I hoped this helps you out.

Whoops forgot my guide.

Thanks

>78.media.tumblr.com/cb2fda79950d2e45d6f31cf9c4ce4aa4/tumblr_oxfwu4zZoQ1v52zvho1_500.png
Thanks for the votes everyone, but now A and B are tied perfectly. Even with one person saying A with B's eyes and vice versa.

B

That settles it.

An extremely simple thing done a few days ago.

I started tryin' to do a 1 hour comic page as a warm up for my doodlin', been gettin random prompt words via facebook and just runnin' with the first idea for the page that pops into my head - it's good to get me warmed up n'ready to start drawin' my actual projects, heres a link if anyone fancies a gander

tumblr.com/blog/1hourcomics