THORsday Storytime: Tales of Asgard by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby

In 2009, while making the direct-to-video animated feature "Thor: Tales of Asgard," someone within Marvel saw it as a good opportunity to remaster the back-up stories from Journey into Mystery #97-125 and Thor #126-145 that tell a reimagined version of Norse mythology and Thor and his supporting Asgardians' past before his fall to Midgard. With the help of colorist Matt Milla, Marvel first released the remastered stories as a six-issue miniseries with new connecting covers by Olivier Coipel. The trade paperback which collects the entire miniseries was released in 2011, together with the aforementioned animated feature as part of a media mix with the first Thor film.

DO NOT UPLOAD ANY IMAGE DURING THIS STORYTIME BECAUSE THE CONTENTS OF WHAT I'M STORYTIMING FALL EXACTLY INTO THE IMAGE LIMIT. IF YOU MESS UP THIS STORYTIME BY UPLOADING AN IMAGE, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY OR NECK YOURSELF.

>>DO NOT UPLOAD ANY IMAGE DURING THIS STORYTIME BECAUSE THE CONTENTS OF WHAT I'M STORYTIMING FALL EXACTLY INTO THE IMAGE LIMIT. IF YOU MESS UP THIS STORYTIME BY UPLOADING AN IMAGE, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY OR NECK YOURSELF.
its really a fucking shame that we have to put that in the OP these days.
i fucking hate all of these uncultured newfags

Why is Loki so brazenly evil? Jesus the MCU did good in making him more conflicted while still bad.

>That one asshole that knows but thinks he's being cool by ruining it for everyone

What is Odin's problem? Lol

have a bump, this is some great shit

OP when you are done post this one as well, It generally is the best comic modern sjw marvel has done for half a decade

Delete this image or kill yourself. As for that one-shot, better pass that to other anons.

Mods

Let's find out, mods.

Also end yourself. I have a contingency plan.

So what you're telling me with all this goodness is that I should buy the Lee/Kirby Thor stuff.
I see, I see. I will.

I read the collection of this a few years ago. It felt like a bore and I could only read it in chunks instead of one sitting -- similar to some of the early adventure comic strips. I like Kirby's solo work but Lee's dialogue really killed for me.