If Clark Kent was a game journalist, how bad would he be?

If Clark Kent was a game journalist, how bad would he be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y-Vgumda_mY
youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk
youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think he'd be average

>He'd have taken a similar path to Jim Sterling.

Scary thought.

Terrible, He looks like a guy who will be terrible at games.

Would his Superman skills translate to gamepad or mouse n keyboard dexterity? Or would he destroy them.when he inadvertently rages at difficult games?

Clark probably doesn't even play video games.

So he'd be just like the average game journalist

Considering he got super memory and super reaction.

He probably beat all hardest games.

Nah, Clark is weak and timid.

He'd be earnest and honest. But he'd get conflicted because Jimmy Olsen helped develop a game and it was awful and he really didn't want to make a negetive review. So he writes a review that basically says people should choose for themselves if they like vidya or not, instead of waitimg for other opinions. Perry fires him because no one likes reviews if they aren't a literal pain to play or the best thing ever. And he mopes about. And then he sees that the game is making kids do crimes in real life. Mainly assaulting and looting. So he further investigates and it turns out (Pick One:Brainiac, Control Freak, ToyMan, Arcade) Had given Jimmy the idea but they had programmed it and now it poses those who play it. So then Superman destroys the central control point in a Metroid and Galga-esque fights. And this inspires Clark to write a liberal piece on how some video games are bad because it affect the minds of the youth which gets him a pulitzer and his job back and Jimmy is inspired to develop a Superman game.

Kay bye...

He'd be the fairest game journalist there ever was

>AAA company is making sequel to their previous a high profile game about the legendary Bat-Man, whom they say haunts the streets of Gotham at night
>they're going all out for this final entry in the series
>Clark offhandedly mentions that a game about Superman inspiring hope instead of fear might be fun for their next project
>everyone else in the room laughs hysterically

>game journalists don't play games
So true it fucking hurts

What is Superman's favorite video game?

>"All in all, Darksouls is a rather straightforward game: you observe, you react, you repeat. Anyone comfortable with a controller should have no problem beating this game in an afternoon, considering the rather short length of the game that the developer tried, and failed, to hide with "challenging" boss fights. 6/10 - Good ideas, but poor executions. The difficulty is hardly the selling point that the developer intended it to be."

Ya'll projecting.

He's inhumanly quick with lightning fast reactions, smooth controls over his body to the point of pin point hand to eye coordination beyond human cognition capabilities. Additionally, his mind allows him to be beyond all but the smartest of metahuman minds.

He's a Pulitzer prize-winning journalist.He'd probably be so good at them, that he'd find them boring and not worth his time.

Either an obscure, beta-only shareware game by an Indonesian developer nobody else has ever heard of but they had wonderfully innovative ideas before real life took them out of gamedev, or Space Cadet 3D Pinball.

Bubble Bobble

And when gamers scream about it he does some interviews, and there’s this massive slab of beef with hands that dwarf an Xbox controller just calmly discussing games while absolutely demolishing everything.

Dwarf Fortress.And he challenges himself to have a city with thousands of dwarves. Everything else is not challenging enough.

Not quite vidya but he dresses up as Batman and infiltrates computer science labs, trouncing Go computers.

It’s a long con troll against Bruce and some Yellow Peril villain with a Go fetish.

Super Mario Bros. 2

The Wonderful 101

now I;m picturing Pong match between Superman and Flash. because there's no way to make the paddle or ball move faster they have to use their super speed thinking to plan thousands of steps ahead. it drags out for sixty hours before Guy can't take how boring it is and unplugs the machine

FORGET CLARK! Imagine Peter Parker as a game journalist.

I can’t decide what’s more fun, some cunt frothing in Parker’s face about YOU FUCKING FAG IM GONNA KILL YOU FAGGOT and knowing what Parker’s capable of, or that same cunt getting in Kent’s face anencephaly realizing the guy really is a 300 pound monster.

I think I’ll leave that autocorrect in.

Kinda goes against him being "mild-mannered" no?

Shut up and take my fucking money

Kek

but hes also a farm boy from Kansas.

he aint got time for games. and would 100% be the guy saying, get outside and do something, instead of sitting around playing games and escaping reality all the time.

And, hes a humanitarian. Favoring equality over merit.

He's too honest, sincere, and goodhearted to be a games journalist. That's a supervillain job.

I tried to fuck with that Kent guy but he was just so... nice.

Also, he looks like he benches linebackers for reps. Plural.

I swear I've seen this quote before, but google isn't turning up anything.

Clark Kent grew up on a farm, he'd have no idea how to deal with technology.

There's a reason he's a newspaper journalist, not a tv reporter.

>If Clark Kent was a game journalist, how bad would he be?
I must be old. I read the OP and translate "game journalist" into "sports reporter".

But really games journalist shouldn't be a thing.

Probably EVE online. The space setting reminds him of Krypton, and the slow pace is good for him.

Whoops, wrong link

youtube.com/watch?v=y-Vgumda_mY

>And, hes a humanitarian. Favoring equality over merit.
Since when? Clark is a good 'ole capitalist boy.

So he works for ign, then

What kind of games do the other leaguers play?

Except that he worked for TV once.

He'd be pro-GG that's certain.

Nice projecting.

What do you mean?

>I support GG that means my favorite superhero has to as well!!

But he obviously would. What's wrong?

How do you know he would, faggot?

*hints at user* Because GG was pro-truth, justice and the American way. -tt-

Because integrity in journalism is something we know Superman takes seriously.

doesn't matter all anyone will care about is the number at the end and then he goes on live stream and decimates the game shutting everyone up

You weren't supposed to remember! Now we have to send you back again for the third time!

jeeze user.......you really wanna open this can of worms?

Well, crap.

You'll tell me before you brainblank me, right?

Why haven't we gotten a mainstream suoerbeard yet?

It'd totally match the new family man Clark.

Does Superman take money from Lex Luthor to avoid covering topics Luthor finds unfavorable to his company?

But no, Supes wouldn't have actually been a part of GG.
He would have been in the Shekel Shoah

Nice try, Satan. Everyone knows Kent is favorable to Lexcorp products because he’s been shagging both siblings since high school.

Why does Sup Forums talk about some damn journalist so much?

Superman 64

Animal Crossing. It's all about going around town helping people.

He’s Batman.

Well, it would make Clark significantly more identifiable as Supes, for one.

I want a review of Ninja Gaiden games like that.
NGfags seem to take pride in that their games are challenging, so imagine the butthurt over "too easy, lol"

>golden age superbeard powers
>he shaves when he becomes clark kent within a second, then rapid-speed grows it back as supes

When someone pushes him for what the hell he does consider difficult he gets a bit hipster and digs out some obscenely difficult, insanely fast bullet hell game that noone’s ever heard of because it was bugged and got recalled.

But it turned out you could exploit a bug to write arbitrary code to memory with the controller, so you could patch it on the fly before it became unwinnable on level 14.

Then you had to patch it back before level 22 but now the difficulty had ramped up.

The the final win was bugged too and you couldn’t get to that code with the exploit, playing took 60 plus minutes but the time limit was 1024 seconds.

So here’s an overclocked console I built. A bit of a cheat so I haven’t really beat the game, Kent says. Then he beats the game on camera, overclocked factor four, while doing an interview.

He would be that journalist that couldn´t pass the tutorial of Cuphead.
youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

I'd feel bad for Jon

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE

Now that you mention it, this all is something that Jon might do. I mean, print news will be truly dead by the time that he's grown, but he'll still want to follow in his parents' footsteps, and his choices are limited.

>"All in all, Ninja Gaiden does not offer much in the realm of difficulty: rather then actually trying to challenge the player with intricate game play, the game hides behind silly parlor tricks; hiding crucial game play behind gratuitous displays of fireworks. Luckily for most players however, this is easily seen through and when it comes down to it, Ninja Gaiden is simply a less involved version of Dance Dance Revolution, dressing up as a game about fighting ninjas. Once you figure out the rhythm, which you will within the first five minutes of game play, you can breeze through the game in less time than it takes for Superman to fly around the world three times. On the plus side, the sound design is stellar and offers at least some entertainment over the course of the game. 5/10 - You should only buy this if you are really into Japanese culture"

He actually wouldn't, but because he takes a balanced, nuanced approach to the issue that extends critical empathy to all parties involved, he'd get smeared as pro-GG anyway.

Could you imagine Clark interviewing Reggie

Just two beefsmen conversing

> "Planeptune has done it yet again. 'Hyperdimensional Space Fortress Neptune CXVI: The Ghost of Q' once again returns with its award winning VNRPG experience. This time the story takes place in the ancient dinosaur filled Cromangon nebula, where rumors of a twinbike racing tournamnent brings Neptune to test out her racing skills. Things quickly get out of hand as Xorlon returns from the interdimensional void to wreak havoc on our heroine's lives. The Ghost of Q explores deep philosophical overtones and has many touching moments that will melt even the most frozen of hearts.

> The Deluxe Overture edition has even more treats in store for fans, coming with a complete dakimakura set of the cast, custom controller decals and a vintage british tea set from chapter 9 (I'll avoid spoilers, but get ready for a wild ride! =) ).

> The Ghost of Q is hands above anything else you will find this season. Take your Dark souls, armored cores and lame rehashed battlefields and throw them in the trash. Set aside your job and spare family time because you won't have either by the time you're done with this thrilling expedition.

>A guy with super speed and super reflex
>Can't play cup head
This is fucking Superman were talking about here. Even if he's never picked up a controller before in his life, any game would be so slow to him that beating them would be a breeze.

>Clark as videogame journalist
>Lex is now a developer/publisher along the lines of EA
>Lex stops being pissed at Superman and now wants Clark dead for panning his crappy games.

>Not very realistic nor as engaging as real farm work.

> Superman beats any skilled based game with ease
That's the exact reason why he'd never enjoy them. He would be unable to connect with the difficulty factor that a skill game relies on to be enjoyable. He'd discount them all as shallow, pointless exercises to be trivially overcome in one sitting.

Clark would instead support the more thought provoking titles, games that embrace drama and plot twists to keep him engaged.

Aesthetics would likely engage him too.

>At heart Ninja Gaiden is a series of easily managed quicktime events, but the designs and the constant sense of motion make it endearing.

Would Clark Kent be a fan of the walking simulator or would he hate it because you have no real speed control and he's got shit to do

I researched a bit and he’s not very good looking but I suppose the payout is good. Bring out the gimp.

Welp, that went to the wrong thread but I’ll keep it next to autocorrect making me its bitch.

Nono, don't stop user. Tell me more about this gimp

given his experiences as Superman, I think he'd appreciate a well-made walking simulator environment.

>Reviewing a walking simulator set in Antartica
>Accidentally references some of his times there at the fortress of solitude
>No one catches it.

Peter seems like he'd be more of a streamer.

I actually did imagine once the idea of "my own Spider-man" series where Peter has a youtube channel with Harry, Gwen, and Mary Jane where they do let's plays, diy projects/home made gadgets, cosplay, tv and movie reviews, and even showing off their cosplay projects.

As peter's life is taken over by the responsibilities of Spider-man, Gwen dying, Harry becoming evil, and Mary Jane mourning friends, the channel is ultimately abandoned.
A last panel at the end of an arc would show the page with "last activity: 3 years ago."

someone do clark's review of a dating sim (any dating sim but preferably the more wtf ones like the pigeon).

Allison Mack’s alleged sex cult leader, over in the Allison Mack alleged sex cult thread.

When his grip over gaming journalism is absolute, he unleashes his 10/10 review of Desert Bus.

Years later one of his victims nukes Metropolis and makes him kill Lois and their unborn child.

Does Injustice Supes then review his own game?

He'd be one of those speedrunners taking advantage of pixel perfect executions.

People would call him out for not having a life, spending weeks mastering a game, when actually it's his first time playing it.

>Alternate universe version of Clark Kent is a video game journalist.
>As a cruel joke, he is only allowed to review Superman and Superman-adjacent games

Superboy Prime does Gamergate.

>Clark does AGDQ every year
>Always comes close to getting the world record on whatever he's playing but makes a crucial error
>"Well I guess that's why I just write about games!" *winks*

One of the Harvest Moon clones, something that's age appropriate for his son so they can all play together.
Or Pokemon I guess

amazing.

I could see that, actually...

so what if basement dweller wayne didn't like clark's review of his favorite game?

He uses his detective skills to pick apart Clark's already admitted subjective review as subjective, as well as question Clark's legitimacy for reviewing games.

Now Batman and Superman though have their own version of "Two Best Friends Play" Youtube channel.

Flash, Wonder Woman, GL, and Cyborg do a Game Grumps thing.

The Question can do game Theory

Dear lord...

>Multi-hour video in which Question dissects if Ulfric Stormcloak really is a Thalmor sleeper agent or not.
>his evidence includes tying in the Kennedy assassinations, the marriages of Queen Victoria's children, and ancient Egypt.

holy shit he looks like jim shooter in that image.
HOOLY SHIT, SUPERMAN IS JIM SHOOTER.

>An epic 12 hour stream where the Question examines all available evidence as to what Diglett looks like underneath the ground
>"... and this of course brings us to the Battle of Stamford Bridge, which as you will remember from my previous series "The Secret Crusader Origins of Nintendo", is the butterfly that led to the Invasion of the Kingdom of Joseon"

>The Question doing Game Theory
Now THAT'S something I'd love to see