Steven universe

I feel like this show would be better if it was a tragedy.

It is a tragedy.

it kinda is?
steven feel like shit for not being the hero his mother was and bad stuff happens because of it. the most recurring theme in the show is steven discovering a gem ability of her late mother.

*his late mother

The grand meta joke of the show is that the writers remain unaware that they're more ideologically attuned to the homeworld gems than humanity.

Ostensibly the show celebrates humanity, our strengths and our weaknesses, and idolizes our ability to change and grow. But it's a false image because it's a 'version' of humanity carefully cultivated and with the less desirable elements of its history and behaviour deliberately curtailed because they're 'problematic', The writers actually hate humanity in the real world and their vision is one where all the bad elements are forcefully removed, much like how homeworld treats its failures and off colours.

I think SU's writing has gotten a bit more sloppy since the first season or two but one of the things I still like about it is the melancholy vibe everything in it has. A lot of the characters have sad and tragic aspects to them, some more than others. Most of the drama is supposed to come from all of them dealing with their own and each other's deep personal issues and emotional trauma (it would be awesome if all the characters actually got good development instead of sitting around with wasted potential). Sure plot conveniences and Steven's mary sue jesus powers are probably going to ensure everyone is going to come out okay in the end, which is more happy than tragic, but the damage and loss that the plot is based around is pretty dark enough for a kid's show already.

A train wreck, specifically.

Why is CN giving so many of their shows these awful schedules/airtimes? Or are these studios just that half ass and slow? Only things I've seen on CN for the past 2 years is TT:GO, Gumball, The KO show and Ben10.

fpbp

In particular connie should have kept that steven above all else attitude from sworn to the sword.

depicting steven and connie's relationship as anything less than healthy is asking for more trouble than its worth

I saw this answer coming

Hm maybe.

Same as ruby and saphire.
That shit ain't healthy.

Good post.

>new season
>6 filler town episodes

I'm done. I normally don't give up with a series, but this is fucking shit. It can spoil me anything no, I really just don't care anymore.

Yeah. At first I expected an episode about how their codependency would be tackeld but it never came.

it's a tragedy how bad it is

Too much pasta from mom spaghetti. GTFO.

>But it's a false image because it's a 'version' of humanity carefully cultivated and with the less desirable elements of its history and behaviour deliberately curtailed because they're 'problematic'
What about Steven's racist uncle tho
What about Sour Cream's shitty runaway dad tho
What about Kevin being a potential molester tho

>What about Kevin being a potential molester tho
He's not.
All he did was flirt with somebody slightly too agressivly.

I get what you're saying but you're being a fag. The writers are just projecting their ideas more often into the gems. If anything, you should think that the writers believe Indians are the superior human race since Connie is more capable in a fight than halfbreed Steven.

>liking inferior gems

Came here to post this.

Fuck off weeb

CG anime is disgusting but this looks decent

>racist uncle
When was he racist? Do you mean how he took offense to other life forms living in his own privite property?
>Kevin is a molester for wanting to dance
Go back to tumblr
>runway dad
Yea he is a shitty person but the world is overly good. And because the shows writters are awful at world building, removed nation states as well as the world wars. Seriously how the fuck is their no agency for all this gem shit and why dont the normal people even car?

Because of your shitposting, I finally watched the show

Its pretty good but fuck off back to Sup Forums

What show?

Steven no Kuni

>What about Kevin being a potential molester tho
Lol what

It is no coincidence that SU is best when it focuses on Pearl.

Yeah I agree that it's dark enough for a kids show.

That shit is what's really awful about this. I started watching SU about like 5 months ago, and I finished all of the episodes like 3 months ago and I hate that they just left the show hanging in the beginning of a season.

Of the Pearl episodes I really like Mr Greg

>Connie is pissed at Steven sacrificing himself.
Not only did the Gems last resort Alexandrite have no chance, Steven had no choice but to turn himself in. I mean, what the fuck?