Wow, they must have taken Hawkgirl's betrayal really well

Wow, they must have taken Hawkgirl's betrayal really well.

How do you know if any of that even happened?

Justice Lord Earth makes me wonder what happened with villains they can't control. Like Darkseid and Brainiac or even fucking Mongul. The Lords have no power over anything not from Earth

Probably just kill them

Same thing as the Justice League, probably - Superman flat out killed Darkseid.

P.Zone'd, plus or minus lobotomy.

>Justice Lord Earth makes me wonder what happened with villains they can't control
Gee i wonder

Justice Lords vs Injustice Regime?

Like they could kill Darkseid.

Justice Lords stomp.

Lords, not even close
Supes' Regime was barely held in place with him being the linchpin.
The Justice Lords seem equally committed

So... In the Justice Lords universe, life was objectively better for the civilian, right?

Absolutely. The only thing that sucks would be jail time for yelling in public.

Injustice Superman went all out on Darkseid, and was winning until he was made to stop.

As much as it can be under a heavily authoritarian dictatorship

As long as you don't complain about a check at a restaurant.

Main universe killed Darkseid on his own. Now, there were complications there - it wasn't a straight up fight, but he still did it.

No, you get jailed for complaining that the waiter made a mistake in your receipt. How much more clearly does the show have to spell it out for you?

*Main universe Superman

Justice Lords in Injustice would be neat.
Kill off regime Superman and give us Justice Lord Superman!

DCAU Superman beat Darkseid and turned him over to his subjects instead of finishing him off, who instead of trying to get vengeance on their destroyed tyrant carried him home because they are cowed sheep with Stockholm syndrome

Instead of complaining, he should have reported the competency infraction to the local order office. The waiter would have been disciplined and made sure to make such mistakes again.
It isn't up to a civilian to enforce these types of things.

Wait, scratch that, he did it twice. Once in the Justice League cartoon, once in Superman TAS.

Honestly, I think the best part about Justice Lords is that they all went overboard together. Batman got swayed later, but he was the first guy to be like "Oh no, you melt Luthor if you feel necessary Clark, don't let us stop you." It felt more natural and also more threatening that way.

To be fair, that was a fluke. He only won because he blocked Darkseid's killing blow

They probably would've let up eventually. It was only 2 years later.

So you'd pay $15 on a $10 bill and walk away?

Are there any instances of "The Superheroes take over" where it doesn't immediately go to shit and things are actually pretty ok?
The only one I think can think of is Red Son and even that goes kinda bad by the end.

They were holding off elections indefinitely. Although they did give their word it would go away eventually.

I'd consider that extra 5 dollars money spent towards that young man's rehabilitation.

You would have your money reimbursed to you after the matter has been resolved. Also the satisfaction that the waiter probably got hobbled.

I think that would honestly be the best-case scenario.

Long enough to get rid of systemic issues and create the best possible base going forward, but I don't imagine any of them would WANT to rule the world in a permanent capacity. They aren't evil, just more... pragmatic with their thinking.

I'm imagining them treating it kind of like the Allied occupation of Germany - yeah we're in power now, but in five years once you've been Denazified and got your shit together we'll hand over the reins to you - but keep watching just in case.

Long-term I'm imagining something like a planetary Singapore - a democratic society with open values but a strong bent towards order and heavy sanctions for breaking the law.

Not bad as these things go.

>enforce
Look, I know capecomics attract lots of authoritarian shitheads, but sod off. He didn't enforce anything.

I think the post was clearly written as if from an in-universe perspective, user.

High chance it was sarcastic.

Even when I was a kid, I thought the Lords had the coolest costumes ever. I was so disappointed when the main league won.

Lords by a landslide.

Injustice league delude themselves into thinking they haven't changed and are still the same people they used to be.

>"you're literally sitting on a throne!"
>"It's a chair."

Lords know fully well what they are doing and that they are doing it "for the greater good"

>after heat visioning president Luthor
>"Superman, Are you ok?"
>"I'm GREAT."

funfact: the Lord costumes came from when Timm and Co. wanted to give the justice league matching uniform suits. It was scrapped because the higher ups said no, and then recycled for the lords. (who were originally going to be the Crime Syndicate)

tbqh, their costumes look like shit. Except for Superman, of course.

Yeah, look at Martian Basketball Hunter

With the increased military and governmental power all under the control of the Lords, Hawkgirl probably did actually ask them for help to stop the Gordanians and save Thanagar

And Hro still got cucked

So did any of you ever read the story this blatantly ripped off?

Every outfit is great, how did they do it?

I wonder what the guardian's of their universe had to say for john's actions

>Long-term I'm imagining something like a planetary Singapore - a democratic society with open values but a strong bent towards order and heavy sanctions for breaking the law.
Superman for Overlord when?

Wonder Woman and Bats look good and literally anything works aside from Hawkgirl's default.

isn't that Wonder Woman One Million?

The only issue is the short hair for the girls, IMO, but I doubt they'd have gone with that if they had been the main Justice League.

I'm going to assume she allied with her friends because they were stronger warriors or they helped the Thanagarians in their war.

Didn't this episode happen before Hawkgirl's betrayal? So by the time the Thanagarians come to earth in their universe, the Justice League is depowered and earth gets stomped?

The Guardians had no beef with this huh? Either regime or lords.

The Thanagarians turned Earth into a police state themselves. If the Lords secured a one-world order themselves before the Invasion, and Hawkgirl could vouch for the security and open-diplomacy between species, then there would be no need to conquer it.

Yes but the lords universe was ahead of Leagues time.

Im thinking that too but they needed to destroy Earth to make supply line in space.

Even as a kid I found that plan dumb isn´t that the plot of the hitchhiker guide to the galaxy?

Yeah and yeah it was dumb. Plus since they apparently needed Hawk Girl to spy for a few years before hand.

So at the end, when Lex uses that beam to depower the Justice Lords, why did the beam work on Hawkgirl and Green Lantern? Their "powers" come from external technology, so why should a beam that depowers kryptonians/martians/amazons have any effect? Could he have used the beam on Batman to make him forget Kung Fu?

Hawkgirl's wings were biological

She should still have been able to smash stuff with her mace

Well a Thanagarian is an alien too so it could affect her as well. Johns ring though i don't know.
And it wouldn't affect Batman at all.

The beam could have contained a nanotech particle stream, much like Braniac used to encode his programming into Lex, except tailored to target each Leaguers traits. Brainiac was subtly controlling Lex the whole time, and using that weapons to be rid of the League would be in line with Brainiac's plans.

I was like "What? No, really, what? They did not just say 'hyperspace bypass'!!"

Kinda pulled me out of the story.

But Darkseid did die in the DCAU

>Injustice league delude themselves into thinking they haven't changed and are still the same people they used to be.
One of their main allies had a literal evil mustache.

Am I the only one who loves Justice Lord WW’s short hair?

Brainiac probably remained a recurring villain and survived well into the 31st century. It's not like Superman ever had a problem with killing him.

The Guardians have been running this exact game plan for most of the universe's history.

Yup.

So why Flash's version is so shit?

Justice Lord Wondy's outfit in general is pretty cool. I'm actually kind of disappointed that she gets no development at all. Wonder Woman in general is wasted in the DCAU, but in this episode it's especially glaring because she arguably betrays her original ideals to a greater extent than any of them.

It's a god-tier Superman and Batman episode, though. Batman arguing with himself is great.

You can't really improve on what's already perfect. And since half the uniforms followed a reversed color scheme, he lucked out.

Can you even stick Darkseid in the Phantom Zone?
Couldn't he just boom tube back out?

Lords Wondy gets some development in the Batman Beyond comic.

What happened to Barry Allen in the DCAU? Was it ever talked about or revealed? Why did they go with Wally?

Barry died... somehow.
They went with Wally because that's who was Flash in the comics at the time, and because it let them write the Flash as the less experienced, somewhat more naive charater on the team.

Oh, and I also think they may have never really thought about having the Flash even be a Legacy until later on, when they wanted to do the Flash Museum.

Otherwise Wally would probably have brooded a bit more about Barry, because that's kind of a thing.

Cause Wally was The Flash and Barry was still dead.

There's a fun story in tom strong that kinda tackles it, but it goes to shit i guess because of infidelity

>oh no I can't be a loud abrasive asshole and shriek my head off in a crowded restaurant because someone made a mistake truly this is the end times
People like you are why we need the justice lords.

Nope.