/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

BASED RIAN EDITION

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS IT'S HAPPENING

>RIAN SAVES STAR WARS
starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E7/8: "Kindred/Crawler Commandeers" (Mon 6)
Star Wars #38 (Wed 8)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Kindred & Crawler Commanders
youtube.com/watch?v=wi8UaZ_pX30

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmx94cUVEY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/
youtube.com/watch?v=RSBEm1oNLT4
youtube.com/watch?v=3w2MxnJEAiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUBS CHOOSE THE ERA OF THE RIAN TRILOGY

>literally just 3 movies where the Jedi Council have fun adventures and everyone is happy taking place with the Episode 1 council before TPM
>main characters are Kick Fisto, Plo Kool, and Based Poof

wtf i love kathleen kennedy now

so none of the episode 7-9 trilogy characters will show up here?

I want a loosely-connected trilogy of stories where one movie is in the PT, then one in the OT, and then lastly one in the ST.

Prequel Era -
>Yaddle: A Star Wars Story
>Yaddle 2: Back In The Yaddle
>Yaddl3

Anyone have any dickgirl SS/Ezra fapfics?

You win.

>new Star Wars Trilogy by Rian Johnson focusing on new characters in a new part of the galaxy
>live-action Star Wars TV Show
>Filoni has an upcoming cartoon show too

what a time to be alive

OH SHIT HE'S DONE IT

> first response gets it
Is this the power of the dark side?

Where were you when Disney saved Star Wars?

>Sup Forums "intellectuals" seething at the news today

I can dig this. A parallel saga. Nice.

Combined Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, and Lucasfilm Ltd. Madman Status: [X] Absolute

LIVE ACTION TV SHOW TOO

variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

IX in 2019... Kinda shit until we found out that;
>Live-Action Star Wars tv in 2019
>Filoni's new kino due in 2019 according to Pablo
>Battlefront 2 getting free DLC until at least 2019
>Then Rian John's trilogy a couple years later

This is what it feels like to win lads. Based Lucas. Based Pablo. Based Filoni. Based LSG and Based Rian.

Eat shit JJ.

Hyped as fuck lads

Brace yourselves - we're going to get raided in a bad way

>literally says it's going to be brand-new characters in a corner of the galaxy we've never seen before
>everyone's speculating that it's going to be about a bunch of old shit
Why does this always happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=RSBEm1oNLT4

>Disney has just closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

>Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger announced the “Star Wars” news during the company’s quarterly earnings call. In addition to the “Star Wars” TV series, Disney is working on TV adaptations of Pixar’s “Monsters Inc.,” the Disney Channel’s “High School Musical” franchise and an original series from Marvel.

This would unironically be great.
Lets hope meme magic makes it happen.

You'd almost think they'd give it to JJ.
I am beyond pleased that Disney has proven smarter than I could have imagined.

>Live-Action Star Wars tv in 2019

I read it as the streaming service launches in 2019, not necessarily the live action show. Though that would be a good way to get people to buy into it by launching it with the show.

Pre-prequel era
It's about some kind of contained conflict that happened before TPM
A few Jedi were sent to deal with something and things took a turn

They've probably begun developing the show by now so it premiers around the same time as the service.

>Trump is president
>Ford F-150 is still the best selling pickup truck
>Chicken fries back at Burger King permanently
>Star Wars is exploding into more kino than we ever thought possible
Is this the best timeline?

ISB on standby. Anyone who can help with the impending will be doing these threads a tremendous service.

Holy shit, guys. JJ is fucking Krennic.

Assign the other roles.

They asked Rian to do IX and he turned it down. Lucasfilm clearly favor him.

They likely just got JJ back on IX to clean up that mess while their golden boy starts working on his own trilogy

I just knew that there had to be a reason Rian wasn't doing IX despite saying he'd love to do more Star Wars movies and everything we knew about how well he was working with Lucasfilm.

Never could have imagined that he was going to be doing a trilogy though

Kathleen is Tarkin. Rian is Vader.

Rian is Tarkin and Pablo is Vader

lame

that would be comfy as fuck

after Rebels where will the next animated show be set at ?

>Hire JJ Abrams to direct Episode 7
>Hire Michael Arndt to write Episode 7
>Fire Michael Arndt
>"Fuck it just let JJ do it"
>Hire Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode 8
>All goes well, he finishes months ahead of schedule
>Hire Gareth Edwards for Rogue One
>Cuck him by hiring Tony Gilroy to direct reshoots and reshape the third act
>Hire Colin Trevorrow for Episode 9
>Hire Lord & Miller for the Han Solo movie
>Actually fucking fire them with 3 weeks left of shooting
>"Fuck it just let Ron Howard fix it"
>Finally get around to watch The Book of Henry
>Fire Colin Trevorrow minutes later
>"Fuck it just get JJ to replace him"
>Hire JJ Abrams to direct Episode 9
>Hollywood is collapsing with careers destroyed in the matter of hours with scandals surfacing every half hour
>Remember how Rian is just a human golden retriever and everyone loved him during production of TLJ
>"fuck it just let Rian do what he wants"
>"RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY"

based

I hate to be a big party pooper, but, how long until franchize fatigue sets in?
Star Wars was always a sparse and occasional outing for most people. They're pushing it so hard, with a movie every year, multiple trilogies in development at once, and possible multiple tv shows on the go at once, too, that it's only a matter of time until the normies lose interest, and the spate of new content dries up.
I'm as hyped as anyone for these new announcements, but I can't halp but think they might need to throttle back.
Every studio sems to have the same business model nowadays - project way far ahead into the future with cinematic universes. It's financially very risky and requires a steady, if not increasing, rate of returns. A small drop-off in public interest can spell disaster for that kind of thing.

>Cyberpunk kino starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a detective on Coruscant who uncovers a Dark Side conspiracy that takes him from the seedy underbelly of the capital to the Unknown Regions

RIAN GIB KINO NOW

Well Motti is wearing Filoni's hat, so that's Dave
Kathleen in the top hat.
Tarkin is Pablo.
George is Sheev

Kennedy is Vader, Tarkin is Rian, Wilhuff is Pablo

Filoni is the Emperor cackling offscreen that everything is falling into place as Darth Bane (Lucas) would have wanted.

George still Sheev?

Pablo is Skippy the Droid and Rian is Bigger Luke

probably focusing on the most boring parts of Star wars like Mercs and Smugglers to be "different"

>prequel remakes by a cometent director
>prequelfags seething
A man can dream

The next trilogy will probably not actually start in about five years.
They've spaced out the current trilogy enough that they still feel special to the public, and the anthology movies don't seem to be a huge deal to anybody besides us when they aren't near.
Also, keep in mind how long Marvel has been a hit in the cinema.
Star Wars has really only started.

IT MEANS MORE STAR WARS
FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAAAAAAYS!

IT'S A WALT DISNEEEEEY
MONOPOLY

George fits better as Vader.
Seen as a villain for years before ultimately being redeemed.

I should never have doubted him in the first place.

It has already for me. A Star Wars movie used to be an event. Now we have a promise of one per year - it's hard to get excited anymore.

Rian likes and respects the PT, sorry bucko

Why is everybody jerking off Rian? Is it because he isn't JJ? Rian also has a good chance of screwing up as well.

I'm just sick of people thinking Rian is a surefire success no matter what

E CHU TA MATATA!

>I should never have doubted him in the first place
I confess my sins. I bought the Lucas-hate meme until TFA came out. I gave the prequels a more openminded re-watch then, and now I atone every day for doubting him.
We didn't deserve you, George.

>franchise fatigue
When the fuck will this meme end?

>Fast & Furious
8 fucking movies, still making shit tons of money
>Marvel
2-3 movies a year, still making shit tons of money
>James Bond
25 movies in, as popular as ever
>Batman
>Spider-man
>Superman
Still fucking popular, even after shitty movies for each hero

Star Wars is one movie a year. Fatigue ain't happening anytime soon.

Not everybody has to be a 2edgy4u cynic all the time.
We have to have hope.

Well that was unexpected
I would say that I've got a bad feeling about this show (pun not intended)
Star Wars has always been a pretty limited in may areas and a SW tv series would take a lot of work to get off the ground
>hurr durr TCW
Cartoons can be very very different from how live action TV shows work, all I'm saying is that we should greet this with caution

Papa Hidalgo is such a sweetheart

I enjoyed the prequels as a kid, went through a meme-hate period, and now enjoy them for what they are, even though they're my 3 least favorite SW movies.

But I never got the George hate. Why hate a guy for making a couple bad movies? He was trying some real cool shit, even when it didn't work, and he's still responsible for FUCKING STAR WARS.

What's the point of hating George?

Interesting. I wonder if we'll get an announcement of episodes 10-12 presently, or will this new trilogy represent a whole new direction for the IP, rather than a 'stopgap' anthology film deal fleshing out the background and being produced under the shadow of an ongoing saga series.

>/ourguy/

Rian Johnson has some impressive credentials on him, and pretty much everything we've heard from Lucasfilms about how they feel about his work on TLJ has been overwhelmingly positive.

You've reminded me I need to get round to watching Looper and Twelve O' Clock High, so I can get a better feel for both his directorial style and his inspirations for TLJ.

My favourite bromance couple.

did you just copy and paste my post from last thread

Rian and TLJ is the only movie that hasn't had any drama surrounding its production. That alone is a feat.

Rian actually seems based by pre-release content, so we're optimistic.

>doesn't mention the MCU
Hmmm...

:)

If we don't hype him up, how can we rage when he inevitably fucks up?

He does

>doesn't know how to read
Hmmm...

He did, you dingbat

please be a dedicated trilogy to the Sith

Oops. Anyway, MCU fans used to feel hyped about eh MCU; now they aren't anymore. And the same will happen to SW.

>that gif
jesus fuck is that real? got a sauce for that?

Rian fits the Lucas mold. He just sems right for the series.
Like George, he came out of smaller, kooky projects like Brick and everyone said that TLJ felt more like an indy film on-set.
I'm not saying he's totally comparable to young George from the American Zoetrope days with his dreams of complete independence from studios, etc, but, when you look at his background and compare it to the cynical feel of JJ's derivative blockbuster-mill of a filmography, he's coming at SW from a place that's more American Graffiti than Star Trek: Into Darkness.
But, then again, I guess we could have said the same of Colin T.
Still, considering Lucasfilm's penchant for replacing/firing top creative people on their films lately, impressive he survived the purge.

Yeah, it make me kek enough and I felt bad that it was in a dying thread.

>MCU fans aren't hyped about the MCU
what did he mean by this?

>mistaking normies with MCU fans
I guess you think everyone who ever saw a SW movie is automatically a big jedi.

I noticed that Marjorie Liu's Han Solo got nominated for an Eisner for Best Limited Series. I know the Eisners don't mean much, but their limited series category tends to be fairly prestigious

Question is; Is it really that good?

>Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

youtube.com/watch?v=3w2MxnJEAiY

What difference does it make? You're talking about franchise fatigue. A FUCKING THOR MOVIE just made over $120mil in its opening weekend during the 10th year of the MCU as the 17th movie in the franchise.

Franchise fatigue isn't real.

There will never be another villain charcter better or on the same level as this guy. Infact if this guy escaped litterally noone would even touch him.

The guy stops lightsabers with his forarms and can palm Anakin with one hand.

oh okay heh thanks fren

It gets shit on a lot, but it's one of my favorite minis so far. You should check it out.

Holy SHIT he took that like a champ

Bond films are very infrequent, as are Superman/Batman films (maybe not for long, though, with the DC universe gaining momentum).
Everyone wants that Marvel business model, that bottled lightning where they can bring out film after film, do teamups etc, and the ride never seems to end. DC has been struggling for a while to emulate the formula. And there are less successful attempts to ape it, like that Universal Dark Universe thingy.
Point is, it's far from a reliable, bankable, business strategy. The risks are huge and the potential for disaster is very great and becomes greater the more money you pour into it.

If it has the SW logo, it's good. Never forget.

>doesn't have a response
Ok, so I take it you're agreeing with me?

Why do you think they did the reshoots?

>that reading comprehension
Try reading non-SW books next time.

>reading comprehension
user, you didn't type anything. Try posting something other than an image.

>lewd mater race

For which film?

>JJ fucked up the ST that bad that Rian refused to clean up his mess
>based Rian gets to do an entire trilogy from scratch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

for you

r1