Why are there so few sci-fi cartoons?

Tons of fantasy and magic, but nothing for prospective mad scientists

I think most western cartoons, TV series-wise, fall into "action", "slice of life" and "comedy". Anyway, off the top of my head, some sci-fi cartoons include :
Bounty Hamster
Wander Over Yonder
Invader Zim
My Life as a Teenaged Robot (I guess? I only saw the first ep)

and

Aeon Flux, which I haven't watched, but is probably the kind of cartoon you're looking for.

And also, some parts of Adventure Time, mainly Deep Purple, Pre-boot, Re-boot and Islands (the miniseries)

OP have you seen Starchaser: The Legend of Orin? One of my personal favorites.

Christ. I just remembered Oban Star Racers or whatever it was called is a thing. Can't believe I forgot that.

That Valerian Frenchnime was pretty good.

oh shit where can i find this, friend?

The French version is all freely accessible on Youtube. The English dub's slowly being uploaded one episode a week, I think they're about halfway done. If you can, watch it in French, the English dub isn't good

DUCK DOOOOOOOOOOOOODGERS

Does Dexter's Lab count?

Science fiction has been kind of a dead genre for a few decades now, with the few remaining works coasting on name recognition. Video games is the medium with the most (soft) science fiction content, if only for the aesthetics.

Well, there's always Steven Universe

Stupidity and laziness I guess.

lmao looks like Babylon 5

War Planets was some good stuff man.

Lol, are you kidding? Name one fantasy movie other than the hobbit that came out in the recent years. While there are tons of sci-fi shit.

Because people who are inspired by sci-fi wouldn't want to work in animation since it's going to force them into comedy anyway. Most people who like sci-fi like the slowness of it or the horror of it.

I mean, think about all the classic sci-fi movies you're inspired by and the only writing job available to you with that knowledge is Rick & Morty or maybe Voltron. There's a big mish-mash there.

I-I think I will need more info about that show...

Someone brainwashes the robot with buttplay in the movie.

Too much fiction not enough science.

Use the internet.