Can Sup Forums recommend any horror or slightly dark comics or graphic novels that would still be appropriate for a...

Can Sup Forums recommend any horror or slightly dark comics or graphic novels that would still be appropriate for a child entering middle school? My daughter loves the little nightmares comics and wants more like them but it's hard to find age appropriate stuff that still managed to be somewhat creepy.

Most things i'd recommended, like older Steve Niles books, at least have harsh language.

is cute stuff with a mildly dark aesthetic fine?
E.g. Erma or Belzebubs?

Stop. There's a Little Nightmares comic?

Does it explain just what in the fuck is going on?

Yo give her the goosebumps comics/graphic novels

Bone comes to mind. A trio of cartoony characters get mixed up in a fantasy world with a dark history behind it. Its "orcs" the Ratmen are a perfect example of the whole tone of the comic, since they can be simultaneously cartoony and funny but violent and scary at times.

Nightmares and Fairy Tales

Courtney Crumrin

bump

It asks more questions.
Most of them entirely unrelated to the actual game.
It's not great.

Perfect. Pick this. Hands down one of the greatest comics ever written.

>middle school
How old would that be?

Oh for fucks sake.

Middle school age.

Sandman.

I'm guessing 12-14

But I'm not American, so I don't know what age it is. Thanks for being a dick towards someone trying to be helpful though.

And thank you for not being an asshole like that other guy.
For 12-14, I'd say some of those Creepy/Eerie anthologies can work. They have great art, some good stories and they're short and varied enough to keep a kid entertained. I know I would've loved them at that age.

through the woods

Came to the thread to reccomend this.
She might like Lenore I read it when I was in middle school, little violent but not a grindhouse.

American Vampire is fucking great

This one

Not exactly what you asked for since they aren't really creepy but mostly darkly humorous, but Joann Sfar's Little Vampire comics are fucking brilliant for all ages.

She might like the darkest dungeon comics

THIS.

I dont think darkest dungeon is really middle school appropriate

Coraline, or Gotham Academy

anything by junji ito

Locke & Key has some pretty creepy moments.

>Sfar
yes.

He asked for western comics.