So who sparked the rivalry? Did Kyle call Cartman a fatass before he called him a Jew, or vice-versa?

So who sparked the rivalry? Did Kyle call Cartman a fatass before he called him a Jew, or vice-versa?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/ssxwa59h
youtube.com/watch?v=41_formj58w
strawpoll.com/b4wkc62f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

episode 1

and I want to say everyone was ripping on Cartman first

Kyle isn't the type of person to just lash out at someone. Cartman undoubtedly started it.

To be honest I think Kyle probably started it. But I also think that it was because Cartman was probably being an asshole.

strawpoll.com/ssxwa59h

Cast your votes

I mean... Cartman was right about the Jew Gold....

Cartman's probably an asshole cause his mom spoiled the shit out of him, so he almost certainly started it

A more important question:

Is Heidi just mindlessly parroting Cartman's views, or is she actually antisemitic herself?

They didn't actually show what Cartman showed her, so I have no idea

Antisemitism is performative. You can't go " it's okay I don't actually mean it"

I want her to be a genuine antisemite to be honest, it would make the whole thing so much funnier.

I'm genuinely surprised she's Irish, given that her name is french/germanic in origin. She and Cartman have such a cute German theming to them as well, the Hansel and Gretel costumes were adorable.

No but what I mean is, is she only saying it because Cartman 'redpilled' her, or are these beliefs she held previously?

>I want her to be a genuine antisemite to be honest, it would make the whole thing so much funnier.
Agreed, but I don't think they will go that way unfortunately

youtube.com/watch?v=41_formj58w

Ah. Nah it's all Cartman influence

That would actually make for a decent episode if they'd pull their heads out of their asses and stop writing themselves into these corners of politics and relationships that they have no out for.

She's parroting propaganda which is where a LARGE amount of antisemitism/racism in general comes from in the first place.

Note, I mean actual racism, not tumblrinas sperging out over people think being against diversity hires is racist

It's unlikely, but I wish they would end up having a mutually happy relationship. The beginning of their relationship was genuinely touching.

I want Cartman to learn to love someone other than himself, and I want Heidi to be able to hold her head high and know she made a good decision no matter what other people say.

I gotta wonder. Does Cartman hate Kyle because he's Jewish, or does he hate Jews because of Kyle?

>It's unlikely, but I wish they would end up having a mutually happy relationship. The beginning of their relationship was genuinely touching.
Yeah, I doubt that's happening. Unless they change something in development there seems to be a clear relationship abuse angle they are moving towards

>Cartman fully converts Heidi
>gets her, Butters, and Clyde and forms his own separate gang away from Stan and Kyle

I love it. Just add Kenny and it's perfect.

>break the status quo permanently for the next season
YES!

I think he mostly hates Jews because he hates Kyle, but I also think he started disliking Kyle partially because he hates Jews. In earlier seasons it was implied that he got his ideals from his Liane.

It probably went something like this
>Cartman hears these kinds of views from his mother and kind of internalizes them
>rips on Kyle about it and tends to be meaner to him because of it
>Kyle responds by being just as nasty back
>Cartman begins to resent him more and more and takes it as proof that Jews are evil

etc.

That would be a cool way to make a continuity season without resorting to using current events. Make a faction war between the various groups, like the remnants of Stan's gang vs Cartman's gang, Craig's gang, and the girls' gang.

I don't even think it would be Stan's gang any more. He really doesn't care about Kyle as much as he used to, and vice-versa.

I can see Kyle starting his own gang and Stan just becoming kind of a loner, although he's still friendly with pretty much everyone.

>without resorting to using current events
Not happening unfortunately.

>tfw you are only going to see Heidi parrot Cartman's views before breaking free or kill herself in some narrative about abuse relationships
>tfw she will never go even further than Cartman and become a Hibernian supremacist

Given her statements on being Irish, it seems Cartman has at the very least convinced Heidi that certain ethnic groups are prone to particular behavior. Like with horoscopes or palm reading, she clung to that excuse because just like Cartman, she can't accept that she was wrong. So it was Kyle's fault. Because he's a Jew.

Is that /hsg/?

Nah, it's Kyle's fault for letting his dick do the thinking

Cartman's group:
Heidi
Butters
Kenny
Clyde

Craig's group:
Tweek
Token
Jimmy
Jason

Kyle's group
Kevin
David
... Timmy?
Is there anyone else left? I'll probably kick myself for missing someone obvious.

Stan

Stan is neutral. He's Switzerland.

When was the last time Stan was relevant anyway?

That Hummels episode, but it's been ages since he's been portrayed as the leader of the boys.

He just doesn't really give much of a shit any more, not since Ass Burgers.

He's a chill guy who cares about his dog and his family and his girlfriend, he's maybe a little depressed but he's functional, he cares about the environment but not about other politics, and he gets along well with pretty much everyone but he's starting to feel like he no longer has any really close friends. He doesn't have time for Kyle's reactionary bullshit any more.

I guess this is a general? anyways, I got the new game and the tweek/craig thing is kinda cute, I'll admit. Still think it's just a pseudo thing, but cute nonetheless.

I enjoyed the new game, though when I compare the two I would say the first holds up better; There was just something fucking hilarious about fighting princess kenny as the final boss

Shhh user, we have to be more subtle. Don't call it a general, just discuss characters.

South Park is a Catholic town. It doesn't suprise me most kids would have Irish or Italian roots.

Cartman still deserves to die.

That's something that always kind of confused me about the show. I'm not from the US so I don't know, but I thought most small rural towns were heavily Protestant and Catholicism was only big in cities/towns with a large Mexican population.

How likely is it actually that a random small town in Colorado is so heavily Catholic?

>I'm not from the US
That's why you're making retarded assumptions, like 10% of Americans have Irish heritage. So it's not like it's some rarity or anything, it's extremely likely.

The Irish had probably one of the biggest immigration waves, so...

Boston is the largest Irish city in the world, lots of Catholics in Boston.

FUCK wrong image.

Other >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

Everything not in blue is also basically hick country isn't it?

If it was founded by Italian or Irish settlers or weirdly Catholic English setrlers. Randy was just confirmed to be from mostly Anglo heritage, and iirc his family is part of the original founders of South Park (i think Jimbo says so in Chef goes Naners)

Yeah I know you have loads of Irish, but as far as I know they mostly settled in the northeast and the kind of place you expect to find a small white rural town was mostly populated by people of German descent. I'm probably thinking more of the midwest.

I'm the idiot watching everything out of order. Finished seasons 9-21 and am currently about done with season 1.

...I mean I'm Catholic and I find living in hick country is pretty /comfy/.... plus there is Charleston

It never ceases to amaze me how big of a denomination Mormons are. Next time I come over to America I'd like to visit those communities, see if they're as weird as I've heard.

How are you finding S1 now that you've watched the later seasons?

It's always a bit of a trip going back and seeing how different their earlier characterizations were.

I find it very charming. All the boys were assholes back in season 1 and I love it. I also love Chef even though he's a crazier sex addict. Also watching the pilot amazed me because that's some crazy dedication right there. Also also it's insane the level of world building going on even from episode 1. Trey and Matt are insanely talented

....Mormons unironicly terrorize the shit out of me. Like they try to act as nice as possible to the point you just feel like there is something horribly wrong about them.

>I want Cartman to learn to love someone other than himself
I'd prefer if it happened with his friends he's been with forever rather than a girl that just comes in and cries a bit

>also it's insane the level of world building going on even from episode 1.
Apparently, Trey and Matt wanted South Park to be more of an alien/paranormal show throughout (kind of like Gravity Falls). But they didn't want people to think they were cribbing off X-Files.

They have fun but crazy girls

Interesting. I don't know what awaits me in seasons 2-8 but if they wanted to leave politics behind and move on to making fun of all the crazy science shit I'd be down.

Americans in general already freak me out in that way. In my country small-talk and even passing greetings are a not done unless you're a regular acquaintance.

Yeah, I still love the early seasons the most because it was so charming. How does it feel to see Stan and Kenny actually doing things? Are you keeping an eye out for the visitors?

What creeps me out about Mormons is their communities. I went on holiday to Hawaii and took a bus tour of the island, and the guide took us past this random Mormon community. It was completely in the middle of nowhere, nothing else around for ages and then suddenly a few blocks of houses and in the background completely dwarfing everything else was the huge white temple. I can't explain it, it just made me feel uneasy seeing that. It also felt like the people living there don't really get out of the community much.

We would all be down for it. But South park is all about satire both political and in general.

Probably Scots-Irish. Turner is Scottish.

This

Cartman is the product of their own making. They have only themselves to blame.

>Randy was just confirmed to be from mostly Anglo heritage
That episode was weird because the actual graph they showed had stuff like "28% southern european" and "18% southwest asian", which an Anglo isn't likely to have in their blood at all.

The boys have nothing to do with it.Cartman is a natural form of life. He is humanity defined. Why do you think he wins so much no matter how horrible the means he does it?

>visitors
Huh?

It is weird seeing Stan actually take sides and make decisions but I think it's because I'm so deep in my love of Kyle and Cartman, I'm not really paying attention to him. I am seeing how much of a sexual deviant Kenny is though. Goodness gracious!

The used to hide the aliums in the background. I think there was at least one in every episode.

Deviant Kenny was the greatest thing. To quote Cartman, "Kenny's a random slut".

So, how you guys liking Phone Destroyer so far?

Wow that's cute! I'm going to try and keep an eye out for the aliens

Is this a free game? Or do I have to pay? (I'm down for paying for the game but if it's that free to play bullshit I'm going to have to decline)

I need some tips for PvP

Oh great another Shaman Token deck like I don't have enough of that shit from Hearthstone.

I kind of expected more vengeance from Cartman. Look at what he did to Scott Tenorman.

And this is Kyle, stealing his girlfriend.

She wanted to escape personal responsibility before and Cartman just provided the ultimate excuse to do so, so she ate it up. It's not like she didn't know racism was bad before talking to Cartman (her meanie girlfriends were just ripping on Cartman for his racist beliefs the other night) but she was like, fuck all that shit I don't want any of this to be on me, I didn't make a mistake. Jews did this!

So I'd say the mindset was always there just waiting for Cartman to plant the seeds.

This. She just couldn't handle the fallout of admitting being wrong, which was the entire theme of the episode with the secondary Trump/Garrison plot.

It's free, with the option of paying for coins or cards. Since card types are locked to story progression, it doesn't make sense to buy packs early on -- and you get free packs from playing PvP or by logging in every 4 hours.

When do i get Space Marine Craig?

>I was in a really bad place. I felt pushed away by society. Then this guy came along who told me all the things I wanted to hear. And I just...went with it. Does that make me a bad person?

Cartman
Heidi
Henrietta
Clyde

Stan
Craig
Bebe
Pete

Kyle
Token
Wendy
Michael

Kenny
Jimmy
Red
Firkle

Butters
Tweek
Timmy

There's 'American Indian' on that map so does the 'American' mean?

I don't think Firkle and Kenny would get along somehow. Something to do with the stabbing incident...

If it didn't happen with his own mother its not happening with either of those options. I'm fine with Cartman being a narcissistic bastard that only truly loves himself and values others only for the validation and rewards they provide. It's just what he is deep down and I don't want him to change. Heidi can change instead.

Maybe Cartman was being an asshole to someone else besides Kyle, so Kyle called him a fatass in defense of whoever Cartman was being an asshole to, and that's what started the personal rivalry.

See the thing is, even if you're a super cute abused girl crying for help and looking like a kicked puppy, the answer to that question can still be YES. Yes Heidi that's bad. But that's not what she wants to hear.

Kyle wanted to fuck her so he fed that mindset by telling her it was all Cartman's fault and she liked that so she almost fell for Kyle for the same reasons she fell for Eric. Her girlfriends told her it was Cartman AND her fault, which is the truth, but she didn't like hearing that so she needed a better excuse. So who better to run to than the king of excuses?

>I'm probably thinking more of the midwest.
No, you aren't. I live in a major Midwestern city and the entire area around here was developed, built and populated by the Irish.

Where should Heiman go from here?

strawpoll.com/b4wkc62f

And I'm not saying the girls weren't in the wrong for rubbing her face in it the way they did. Kyle was right that they needed to lay off but they're (almost) teenage girls, that was never gonna happen. You might as well be asking the sun not to shine than ask a regular gathering of little girls not to snipe. Heidi needed to ride it out, take her licks, but NOPE. That feels like shit. Blaming the other feels way better.

It almost sounds like you're saying boys will be boys is a valid excuse...

I think it's more along the lines of: Children are cruel,Jack.

But the thing is that their relationship was pretty good at the beginning. They were two lonely outcast kids who made a connection.

The trouble started when Butters turned Cartman into (or back into) and MRA. So really this whole thing is Butters' fault.

Grounding of a lifetime for him then.

It's almost as if I'm saying running from personal responsibility can lead one not to learn from their mistakes and trap themselves in a web of excuses. It's clear Heidi couldn't take responsibility for shit, and expecting the whole world to tell her its okay and not call her out on anything is ridiculous. You cannot count on that. Be a tiny bit tough.

The girls were no different than Reality in Season 19. They're not good, but they're not wrong. Whatever emotional booboos that inflicts is beside the point. Heidi can't deal so she fucked up.

Why don't people like that Great Expectations episode with Pip? I thought it was cool to see Pip as the lead, and seeing the plot unravel from a relatively faithful adaptation of a Dickens novel to something about robot monkeys and mind transplants was kind of funny.

Butters was just an excuse. If you don't think Cartman was going to find one of those sooner or later, be it Butters or Kyle or healthy snacks or Cupid Me or Aunt Jemima or some other random influence or idea, then I feel like you're overestimating Cartman. Don't give Butters too much credit for happening to be the thing that reminded Eric that no one is his equal. He was already lying to Heidi and getting frustrated with the relationship before then anyway. It was a matter of time.

I liked it. Especially the robot flying monkey death squads. Best part of that shitty book by far.

Cartman was only going to keep Heidi on a pedestal for so long before he resented her for "forcing" him to do so. I don't get why people say everything would have stayed perfect forever if not for Butters.

Though the in-universe narrative supports your idea, in reality racism isn't wrong, and thus Heidi is doing the right thing by becoming woke and thus best girl.